View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Happy VE Day ; Don't mention the war

Post #1 - 08 May 2020, 08:06

phpBB [video]

:)
Country Bloke
Members

Post #2 - 08 May 2020, 09:33

My Gran is 97 and says this VE Day lark is a load of old bollocks. She's Worcestershire born and bred so naturally she says everything is a load of old bollocks. Sadly she's suffering with dementia now, but still says everything is a load of old bollocks. I rang her yesterday, "Bollocks" she said.
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #3 - 08 May 2020, 09:59

I wound my neck in when asked, but ffs! :angry:

£2.20 for a copy of the Guardian, thankfully there's an article on Kraftwerk. :mellow:
Divveygoodmod

"Exceedingly good cakes."

__ Mr Kipling

Post #4 - 08 May 2020, 10:06

Incoming! :)
Aubrey The Cat In The Hat
Members

Post #5 - 08 May 2020, 10:19

I was on the phone to my Mum earlier and she was talking about her war experience as an evacuee from East London, her early life with only Vera Lynn for music in a strict household, and how much she enjoyed listening to Vera Lynn and had just been re-visiting that via a radio programme featuring the singer. She remembers the original VE day and was full of memories and interesting stories of the time and was more animated and hopeful than for a while. Thankfully she has been in total lockdown for months because of her age, so she can listen to Vera fucking Lynn to her hearts content.
academichibernian
Members

Etiolated since 2018.

Post #6 - 08 May 2020, 10:39

At Asda today it seems that people have taken on board yesterday's newspaper headlines heralding the end of lockdown. Hardly any care for social distancing inside the shop.

Thank fuck my mask is here then, perfect for Asda and VE Day celebrations. :heart:

Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #7 - 09 May 2020, 07:20

Thank fuck that's over. I'll be able to go outside again until Thursday's virtue-signalling NHS applause.
Mr. Martial
Members

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test