View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Questions And Answers ; Ask questions, get answers

Post #22 - 19 Apr 2019, 21:33

Image

And I reckon the designer of the Clash's London Calling sleeve may have been influenced by this Elvis LP.
User avatar
The Strange One
Members
 
Posts: 148
Joined: 7th Jan 2018
The stereo Radio Lancs Clitheroe '85 set on an official LP from the master tape, please...!


Post #24 - 19 Apr 2019, 21:42

No similarity whatsoever, you're talking shit The Strange One. :rolleyes:
User avatar
academichibernian
Members
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 5th Jan 2018
Etiolated since 2018.

Post #25 - 20 Apr 2019, 00:45

dannynomates » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 pm wrote:
Aubrey The Cat In The Hat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:
The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am wrote:

They have pinky and yellowy colours. They have capitals and small letters.

I have done documenting work in my time, and the formats are broadly *totally* identical.

Pink? I'm getting more of a mauve. That much is more or less black and white.

Dan

The banana is pink, and it slopes.

Probably just a coincidence. :shrug:

The angularity is all wrong, I hadn't noticed this. I'm struggling to decide who to warn now.

Dan


:wanker:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: 10th Apr 2018

Post #26 - 20 Apr 2019, 05:49

The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm wrote:Image

And I reckon the designer of the Clash's London Calling sleeve may have been influenced by this Elvis LP.

The Clash are racist.
User avatar
Right Said Fred
Members
 
Posts: 315
Joined: 4th Jan 2018

Post #27 - 20 Apr 2019, 07:22

Right Said Fred » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 am wrote:
The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm wrote:Image

And I reckon the designer of the Clash's London Calling sleeve may have been influenced by this Elvis LP.

The Clash are racist.

Quite right Fred, their song should have been 'Black & White Riot'.
User avatar
Mr. Martial
Banned
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 5th Jan 2018

Post #28 - 20 Apr 2019, 07:30

Mr. Martial » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 am wrote:
Right Said Fred » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 am wrote:
The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 pm wrote:Image

And I reckon the designer of the Clash's London Calling sleeve may have been influenced by this Elvis LP.

The Clash are racist.

Quite right Fred, their song should have been 'Black & White Riot'.

The Clash were racist.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #29 - 21 Apr 2019, 08:01

I'd like to rattle on a bit longer over this. There are no similarities whatsoever. Clearly the pink text on the Elvis LP is a darker shade of pink, while the green text is lighter. The Clash LP has the name of the artist on the sleeve whereas the Elvis one doesn't. And most tellingly, the Clash album's front cover features a photograph of bassist Paul Simonon smashing his Fender Precision Bass (on display at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of May 2009) against the stage at The Palladium in New York City on 20 September 1979 during the Clash Take the Fifth US tour. Elvis is simply strumming his guitar. My work is done here.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #30 - 21 Apr 2019, 14:19

dannynomates » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am wrote:I'd like to rattle on a bit longer over this. There are no similarities whatsoever. Clearly the pink text on the Elvis LP is a darker shade of pink, while the green text is lighter. The Clash LP has the name of the artist on the sleeve whereas the Elvis one doesn't. And most tellingly, the Clash album's front cover features a photograph of bassist Paul Simonon smashing his Fender Precision Bass (on display at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of May 2009) against the stage at The Palladium in New York City on 20 September 1979 during the Clash Take the Fifth US tour. Elvis is simply strumming his guitar. My work is done here.

Dan

You supercilious prick.
User avatar
Amber
Members
 
Posts: 169
Joined: 3rd Feb 2018

Post #31 - 21 Apr 2019, 21:48

Amber » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:19 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 am wrote:I'd like to rattle on a bit longer over this. There are no similarities whatsoever. Clearly the pink text on the Elvis LP is a darker shade of pink, while the green text is lighter. The Clash LP has the name of the artist on the sleeve whereas the Elvis one doesn't. And most tellingly, the Clash album's front cover features a photograph of bassist Paul Simonon smashing his Fender Precision Bass (on display at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of May 2009) against the stage at The Palladium in New York City on 20 September 1979 during the Clash Take the Fifth US tour. Elvis is simply strumming his guitar. My work is done here.

Dan

You supercilious prick.

Warning to Amber for mod abuse.

Although I might frame that.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #32 - 22 Apr 2019, 07:44

dannynomates » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 am wrote:I'd like to rattle on a bit longer over this. There are no similarities whatsoever. Clearly the pink text on the Elvis LP is a darker shade of pink, while the green text is lighter. The Clash LP has the name of the artist on the sleeve whereas the Elvis one doesn't. And most tellingly, the Clash album's front cover features a photograph of bassist Paul Simonon smashing his Fender Precision Bass (on display at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of May 2009) against the stage at The Palladium in New York City on 20 September 1979 during the Clash Take the Fifth US tour. Elvis is simply strumming his guitar. My work is done here.

Dan

Christ's sake, you didn't even pick the most obvious difference

The fucking words are not the same!!! :faceslap:
User avatar
Mushshrooms
Members
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20th Jan 2018

Post #33 - 23 Apr 2019, 05:46

Mushshrooms » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:44 am wrote:
dannynomates » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 am wrote:I'd like to rattle on a bit longer over this. There are no similarities whatsoever. Clearly the pink text on the Elvis LP is a darker shade of pink, while the green text is lighter. The Clash LP has the name of the artist on the sleeve whereas the Elvis one doesn't. And most tellingly, the Clash album's front cover features a photograph of bassist Paul Simonon smashing his Fender Precision Bass (on display at the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as of May 2009) against the stage at The Palladium in New York City on 20 September 1979 during the Clash Take the Fifth US tour. Elvis is simply strumming his guitar. My work is done here.

Dan

Christ's sake, you didn't even pick the most obvious difference

The fucking words are not the same!!! :faceslap:

Another example of why The Clash are racist.
User avatar
Right Said Fred
Members
 
Posts: 315
Joined: 4th Jan 2018

Post #34 - 24 Apr 2019, 20:55

What the fuck does uxorious mean? :wtf:
User avatar
SteveInPaignton
Members
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 12th Jan 2018

Post #35 - 24 Apr 2019, 21:04

SteveInPaignton » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:55 pm wrote:What the fuck does uxorious mean? :wtf:


uxorious
/ʌkˈsɔːrɪəs/
adjective
having or showing a great or excessive fondness for one's wife or daughter (esp) at bath time.
"he had always impressed me as home-loving and uxorious"

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #36 - 26 May 2019, 06:27

Is it Monday yet? This must be the longest week in history. :villa:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 2928
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #37 - 26 May 2019, 06:43

No.

:walkman:

You could go to church - it's a Sunday morning, to calm yourself down?
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: 10th Apr 2018

Post #38 - 26 May 2019, 06:47

Greasy Roads » Sun May 26, 2019 7:27 am wrote:Is it Monday yet? This must be the longest week in history. :villa:

The longest week in history occurred during the transition to the Gregorian calendar in 1752.

Greasy Roads warned for exaggeration.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #39 - 26 May 2019, 06:50

:wanker:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: 10th Apr 2018

Post #40 - 26 May 2019, 07:17

Moaning cunt, Im waiting forever for Tuesday to arrive. :angry:
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 331954
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test