View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 The Fall on 45 ; keep on turning in your mind

Post #221 - 02 Apr 2019, 14:52

Thank you Amber. That guitar line is really annoying me now. I thought it was She Sells Sanctuary for a while but now i think it's something else. :shrug:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #222 - 02 Apr 2019, 20:02

Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:52 pm wrote:Thank you Amber. That guitar line is really annoying me now. I thought it was She Sells Sanctuary for a while but now i think it's something else. :shrug:

I've had a listen, that guitar line definitely has shades of The Cult about it, but I don't know which song.
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #223 - 09 Apr 2019, 09:02

Another Phonogram 45, another album track. This was getting a bit Fall by numbers and I confess I was rather losing interest at this time. Despite that I seem to have three copies on 45 plus the CD single. There's a 12" numbered limited version, a promo 12", and an individually hand-painted limited edition 7". I was always very dubious about the hand-painted nature of the 7" sleeve but thanks to the internet I've discovered that they really are all different, actually sprayed and stencilled rather than painted I think but someone's obviously had a really boring job. And the music? It's OK but dear God they needed a shake up at this point.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #224 - 09 Apr 2019, 09:24

Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:02 am wrote: And the music? It's OK but dear God they needed a shake up at this point.

I was thinking of giving them a shake up, but it was the seventh day so I thought fuck it and rested. :huh:
God
Members

Post #225 - 09 Apr 2019, 10:51

God » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:02 am wrote: And the music? It's OK but dear God they needed a shake up at this point.

I was thinking of giving them a shake up, but it was the seventh day so I thought fuck it and rested. :huh:

It was released on March 2nd 1992 which was a Monday so that's rubbish.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #226 - 09 Apr 2019, 11:48

dannynomates » 54 minutes ago wrote:
God » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am wrote:

It was released on March 2nd 1992 which was a Monday so that's rubbish.

Dan

Mine was an advance promo copy which I played on Sunday the 1st of March.

Do not question my teachings or I shall smite you with a ban like I did those other two cunts this morning. :angry:
God
Members

Post #227 - 09 Apr 2019, 18:03

Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:02 am wrote:Image

Another Phonogram 45, another album track. This was getting a bit Fall by numbers and I confess I was rather losing interest at this time. Despite that I seem to have three copies on 45 plus the CD single. There's a 12" numbered limited version, a promo 12", and an individually hand-painted limited edition 7". I was always very dubious about the hand-painted nature of the 7" sleeve but thanks to the internet I've discovered that they really are all different, actually sprayed and stencilled rather than painted I think but someone's obviously had a really boring job. And the music? It's OK but dear God they needed a shake up at this point.

I have to disagree.

Free Range was / is brilliant.

Cunt.
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #228 - 09 Apr 2019, 19:53

Sonofsmegma » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:

I have to disagree.

Cunt.

I love Greasy Roads' reviews, but I have to disagree here too, the whole EP was excellent imo, the best four tracks from the album.

No need to call him vile names Sonofsmegma, these writings are all personal you fucktard. :angry:
Amber
Members

Post #229 - 09 Apr 2019, 20:21

Amber » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:53 pm wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:03 pm wrote:

I have to disagree.

Cunt.

I love Greasy Roads' reviews, but I have to disagree here too, the whole EP was excellent imo, the best four tracks from the album.

No need to call him vile names Sonofsmegma, these writings are all personal you fucktard. :angry:

Thank you Amber. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #230 - 16 Apr 2019, 07:12

1992's Ed's Babe was a return to form for me with nothing taken from Code:Selfish if you except the Free Range remix, which is how it should be. Still on Phonogram but now re-branded with the sixties Fontana label which was being pushed with lots of reissues at the time. The label contradicts the sleeve which was very confusing at the time. I took a few plays (and comparison with the CD single) before I realised that Arid Al's Dream didn't appear at all and The Knight The Devil And Death was on the second side. As for the music that touch of weirdness has returned with Craig Leon, Simon Rogers, and MES getting the sound spot on - i.e. not too clean. The track order really hangs together as well: you know they've got it right when you can hear the next track starting when the last one ends. Nice sleeve too. This will hand around by the stereo for a few days.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #231 - 16 Apr 2019, 15:20

Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:12 am wrote: This will hand around by the stereo for a few days.

I am beginning to despair of the grammatical schoolboy errors that appear in these reviews. It blights my forum and I'm going to start warning members who fail to proofread their work. Do you and routemaster have no pride in your writings?

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #232 - 16 Apr 2019, 17:51

dannynomates » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:20 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:12 am wrote: This will hand around by the stereo for a few days.

I am beginning to despair of the grammatical schoolboy errors that appear in these reviews. It blights my forum and I'm going to start warning members who fail to proofread their work. Do you and routemaster have no pride in your writings?

Dan

You don't really like other people posting on here, do you?
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #233 - 16 Apr 2019, 21:32

Greasy Roads » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:51 pm wrote:

Dan

Take no notice of him (is "tedious cunt" the right expression?) Greasy Roads, that's the best review you've written yet. :clap:

I don't agree with much of it, Ed's Babe is OK and the Pumpkin Head one I suppose, but The Knight Devil and Death is awful and most un-Fall like. And he should have left Free Range alone. But we all have different views and that is what's most important and should be respected. :)
Amber
Members

Post #234 - 17 Apr 2019, 06:17

Amber » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm wrote:

Dan

Take no notice of him (is "tedious cunt" the right expression?) Greasy Roads, that's the best review you've written yet. :clap:

I don't agree with much of it, Ed's Babe is OK and the Pumpkin Head one I suppose, but The Knight Devil and Death is awful and most un-Fall like. And he should have left Free Range alone. But we all have different views and that is what's most important and should be respected. :)

Thanks you Amber. How are things with you now?
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #235 - 17 Apr 2019, 07:13

Greasy Roads » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am wrote:
Amber » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm wrote:

Dan

Thanks you Amber. How are things with you now?

Oh fuck off, like you give a damn. :cry2:

Sorry, this happens now and then, I'm fine.

Didn't I say? It's going to be twins. :yes:
Amber
Members

Post #236 - 17 Apr 2019, 22:26

Amber » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 am wrote:

Och Amber lassie, that's lovely news. Any ideas on names for the wee bairns? How aboot Rrobin or Will or Aloysius or Otterley for a boy? Or for a girl there's Pandora or Lorelei or Beatrix or Phoebe (still a baby). Soo excited for ye. :clap:
The Cocteau Twins
Members

Post #237 - 18 Apr 2019, 06:16

The Cocteau Twins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm wrote:
Amber » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 am wrote:

Och Amber lassie, that's lovely news. Any ideas on names for the wee bairns? How aboot Rrobin or Will or Aloysius or Otterley for a boy? Or for a girl there's Pandora or Lorelei or Beatrix or Phoebe (still a baby). Soo excited for ye. :clap:

Unlike your lyrics the names will be something unpretentious. :huh:
Amber
Members

Post #238 - 24 Apr 2019, 21:55

Is it 'Why Are People Grudgeful' next Greasy Roads? I like that one. :)
Amber
Members

Post #239 - Yesterday, 07:10

Amber » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 pm wrote:Is it 'Why Are People Grudgeful' next Greasy Roads? I like that one. :)

What with all the excitement of Right Said Fred staying I'd clean forgotten this. Apologies Amber, it will be back next week. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #240 - Yesterday, 12:25

Greasy Roads » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:10 am wrote:
Amber » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 pm wrote:Is it 'Why Are People Grudgeful' next Greasy Roads? I like that one. :)

What with all the excitement of Right Said Fred staying I'd clean forgotten this. Apologies Amber, it will be back next week. :mellow:

I won't pretend I'm not disappointed Greasy Roads, routemaster gets his up every week without fail, even if he's working many many hours. Having Fred visiting is a poor excuse, but never mind. :mellow:
Amber
Members

Previous

Return to Fallen Related Discussion