View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 What's Bothering You Right Now?

Post #1341 - 01 May 2020, 18:01

My 1963 Dansette record player is playing slow. I suspected it listening to my 12" Morrissey single 'Everyday Is like Sunday' and it was sounding a bit mournful. i set a stopwatch on it and sure enough, it was playing 7 seconds longer than the 3'45" on the label.

i now have to strip it down and lubricate the parts, best done before I lubricate my parts too much tonight.

i am following this helpful tutorial

phpBB [video]


:drink:
User avatar
Happy Jack
Members
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 17th Oct 2019
Location: The Dog & Duck
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Post #1342 - 03 May 2020, 08:24

Last night's chicken naga. :(
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1343 - 03 May 2020, 10:37

Greasy Roads » Sun May 03, 2020 8:24 am wrote:Last night's chicken naga. :(

They told you it was chicken? :laugh:

Image
User avatar
Potty
Guest
 
Posts: 196
Joined: 7th Jan 2018
Location: Round the old oak tree

Post #1344 - 16 May 2020, 08:32

North Yorkshire Police.

7:30am, Scaling Dam, no speed camera so off I went. 300 yds further on the cunt had found a new place to spy. If I was doing 65 I should be OK, but I think it was 67. :angry:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1345 - 16 May 2020, 08:45

Also something has kicked off at work - there are new updated social distancing notices everywhere, and they've taken the fucking dart board away. :grrr:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1346 - 16 May 2020, 09:17

routemaster » Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 am wrote:North Yorkshire Police.

7:30am, Scaling Dam, no speed camera so off I went. 300 yds further on the cunt had found a new place to spy. If I was doing 65 I should be OK, but I think it was 67. :angry:

https://www.racfoundation.org/motoring- ... rcement#a3

ACPO guidelines suggest that prosecutions will only happen if you exceed the speed limit by 10% plus 2mph.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1887
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #1347 - 16 May 2020, 09:21

dannynomates » Sat May 16, 2020 9:17 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 am wrote:North Yorkshire Police.

7:30am, Scaling Dam, no speed camera so off I went. 300 yds further on the cunt had found a new place to spy. If I was doing 65 I should be OK, but I think it was 67. :angry:

https://www.racfoundation.org/motoring- ... rcement#a3

ACPO guidelines suggest that prosecutions will only happen if you exceed the speed limit by 10% plus 2mph.

Dan

I can confirm that I went through a speed trap the other year on the A168 near Thirsk at an indicated 80mph and heard nothing about it. We beat Boro as well. :)
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1348 - 16 May 2020, 10:04

Greasy Roads » Sat May 16, 2020 9:21 am wrote:
dannynomates » Sat May 16, 2020 9:17 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 am wrote:North Yorkshire Police.

7:30am, Scaling Dam, no speed camera so off I went. 300 yds further on the cunt had found a new place to spy. If I was doing 65 I should be OK, but I think it was 67. :angry:

https://www.racfoundation.org/motoring- ... rcement#a3

ACPO guidelines suggest that prosecutions will only happen if you exceed the speed limit by 10% plus 2mph.

Dan

I can confirm that I went through a speed trap the other year on the A168 near Thirsk at an indicated 80mph and heard nothing about it. We beat Boro as well. :)

It's time these cameras were able to spot a Villa fan driving recklessly and acted accordingly. :angry:

Thanks for the info though, I should be OK I think. :grin:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1349 - 18 May 2020, 07:25

A fucking cat has stolen the hedgehog food. :radged:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1350 - 18 May 2020, 09:38

Greasy Roads » Mon May 18, 2020 7:25 am wrote:A fucking cat has stolen the hedgehog food. :radged:

By George! :laugh:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1351 - 30 May 2020, 00:54

just awoken with a terrible pain in my radius and ulna.

I broke my arm in 1970 in the same spot in Wallington, Surrey. :wtf:
User avatar
Happy Jack
Members
 
Posts: 279
Joined: 17th Oct 2019
Location: The Dog & Duck
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Post #1352 - 30 May 2020, 09:14

Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1353 - 30 May 2020, 09:57

routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/

Go through this now for a start.
User avatar
Amber
Members
 
Posts: 218
Joined: 3rd Feb 2018
Location: The White Horse, Stokesley

Post #1354 - 30 May 2020, 10:21

Amber » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/

Go through this now for a start.

I have done Amber, I'm off for a test in a bit. :duh:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1355 - 30 May 2020, 10:32

routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am wrote:
Amber » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/

Go through this now for a start.

I have done Amber, I'm off for a test in a bit. :duh:

Best of luck RM, I'm sure I speak for everyone on here.
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4325
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1356 - 30 May 2020, 10:32

Greasy Roads » Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am wrote:
Amber » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/

Go through this now for a start.

I have done Amber, I'm off for a test in a bit. :duh:

Best of luck RM, I'm sure I speak for everyone on here.

You don't speak for me. :grrr:
User avatar
Jim Skidder
Higher Skilled Plant Worker
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: 9th Jan 2018
Location: Sleeping it off on the high praerie
Nowhere near fucking Cleveland. :grrr:

Post #1357 - 30 May 2020, 10:43

Greasy Roads » Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am wrote:
Amber » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am wrote:
routemaster » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am wrote:Over the last few days my legs have swollen up, and this morning after a terrible night's sleep, I ache all over. I don't feel good at all. :wtf:

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/

Go through this now for a start.

I have done Amber, I'm off for a test in a bit. :duh:

Best of luck RM, I'm sure I speak for everyone on here.

Cheers, it's probably nothing but it needs checking.
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1358 - 30 May 2020, 10:54

Happy Jack » Fri May 01, 2020 5:01 pm wrote:My 1963 Dansette record player is playing slow. I suspected it listening to my 12" Morrissey single 'Everyday Is like Sunday' and it was sounding a bit mournful.


Surely listening to that song - and any other by Morrissey - it would have sounded mournful? :(
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Locked down, for too long...
If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #1359 - 30 May 2020, 13:59

Well I've had the test, now we wait 48 hours. :mellow:

Fucking 60 mile round trip and the A19 was part closed. :grrr:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 336489
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1360 - 30 May 2020, 14:10

Sincere good wishes RM
User avatar
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher
 
Posts: 5735
Joined: 28th Jul 2019
Location: Way back in the hills
...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test