View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Your Fall Listening ; Right now that is?

Post #81 - 20 Jan 2021, 22:36

routemaster » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:06 pm wrote:Decent soundboard recording from November 1980, apparently not Derby as suggested from the image on YouTube, but London.

phpBB [video]

Impression of J. Temperance / Middle Mass / Container Drivers / Cary Grant's Wedding / Leave the Capital / Totally Wired / An Older Lover / Prole Art Threat / The N.W.R.A. /
Slates, Slags, etc / English Scheme (cuts out) / Fit and Working Again

Gotta admit that's a good one - dad :wanker2: was listening to it earlier he reckoned it was recorded at The Venue on the 23rd.

the cunt gets load of stuff wrong, but I looked it up on the shit forum, he could be right.
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Post #82 - 16 Feb 2021, 23:33

We've all heard this before, but in this quality? :D :clap:

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #83 - 26 Feb 2021, 21:48

Lots of Fall today, this one stood out. :)

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #84 - 10 Mar 2021, 22:42

A few years ago Greasy Roads kindly sent me the vinyl mix of Sub Lingual Tablet with the alternative versions. B-)

Finally 'Dedication Not Medication' is up on YT. :)

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #85 - 16 Mar 2021, 23:07

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #86 - 24 Mar 2021, 21:51

I couldn't find this thread, typed in "You're Fall Listening" but still no luck.

Listened to all the albums up through Room to Live the past couple days. Grotesque After The Gram sounds awful.

Also not seen Greasy Roads posting here lately. :shrug:
buzzliteyr

The Annotated Fall by Dannynomates

Post #87 - 24 Mar 2021, 22:05

buzzliteyr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:51 pm wrote:I couldn't find this thread, typed in "You're Fall Listening" but still no luck.

Listened to all the albums up through Room to Live the past couple days. Grotesque After The Gram sounds awful.

For a Mod, you're pretty fucking useless aren't you?
Divveygoodmod

"Exceedingly good cakes."

__ Mr Kipling

Post #88 - 24 Mar 2021, 22:13

Divveygoodmod » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 pm wrote:
buzzliteyr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:51 pm wrote:I couldn't find this thread, typed in "You're Fall Listening" but still no luck.

For a Mod, you're pretty fucking useless aren't you?

I quite agree, moderating a forum involves reading every single post and more. Lives, jobs and other interesting stuff takes second place. Apart from my daughter's bathtime.

Buzzliteyr warned for failing to meet my standards as Head Moderator.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #89 - 25 Mar 2021, 17:48

Thank you dannynomates.

Today it was up through TNSG on the studio stuff, and through the first disc of Peel....read P. Hanley's book.

My first Fall phase since 1978... they're not bad are they? :)
buzzliteyr

Post #90 - 27 Mar 2021, 21:15

Still listening to tons of Fall (again) today, I can't be arsed to say what...trying to listen to more of it or less of it, and as much live material as possible this time through.

On the studio albums I'm through Frenz now, which I found odd but great this time though it was shit last time.

And I read the S.Hanley book too and the Uncut mag and I still haven't seen Greasy Roads posting here.

I ought to post here more.
buzzliteyr

Post #91 - 03 Apr 2021, 22:07

Today I'm sort of chronologically listening to live stuff...Live 77 which sounds as bad as anything ever released....Liverpool 78 which is the second worst thing ever released, sound quality-wise...1979-02-03, The Club Cambridge, not great but better sounding than those, and a good show...the new Castleface release, 1981-02-20 which sounds OK and is an excellent show...even better is an old favorite, 1981-09-12 in Reykjavik....Totale's Turns is pretty vicious...and currently listening to 1982-12-02....lots of PBL stuff, with Riley still in the band....through CREEPSHOW 1984...that one from Clitheroe Castle in 1985 that The Strange Oneis always banging on about....through Hamburg 87 great Haf Found Bormann... through the 90s... 27 Points...all the REceiver stuff.... 2000's ...2G+2....the Blackburn greatest hits show with Eleni and the other broad Ruth together... late noughties four CDs from Hanley Went To Every Gig plus that Youtube clip of Dedication Not Medication with the cool Oriental lady in the audience. In black and white. And Live In Clitheroe 2013.

Riley played drums on one track.
buzzliteyr

Post #92 - 04 Apr 2021, 22:16

Shift-Work

I couldn't find a thread for this, I used the search function at least 5000 times but nothing.

This album is amazing and not at all mediocre. It's full of classics and is a fun listen. :)
buzzliteyr

Post #93 - 04 Apr 2021, 22:20

I totally agree, buzzliteyr. :huh:
Joan Con
Members

Post #94 - 05 Apr 2021, 15:50

Shift-Work is the poppiest, lightest, airiest thing they did. I like having one in the stable like that to pick out when I fancy it. :)
loadofpony
Members

Post #95 - 10 Apr 2021, 10:43

Listened to the Gaiety Bar show from November 1981, I just added in "Enigrammatic Dream" and "Distilled Mug Art" from 2G+2 and you got yourself a full belting set. Also listened to I think 12-03-82 today....great show, not great SQ.

I just tonight finished going back through all the albums from MCR onwards chronologically. Also read Renegade and that new book Excrement while listening to that Podcast by the Hanley's. New Facts Emerge is hell , it sounds kind of insipid or cliched and I can't think of any other way to say it, seems like their most unlistenable album. MES really settled into that late style that emerged more and more from Remainderer on....incoherent garbly gruffness and it's pretty much bollocks it must be said. I'm glad Sonofsmegma isn't here to hear me say that... the cunt.

It took me all day to find this thread, things are so difficult to find when you're as thick as a mule's cock. :shrug:
buzzliteyr

Post #96 - 10 Apr 2021, 13:12

:angry: :wanker:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Post #97 - 12 Apr 2021, 20:45

For those times when you can't be arsed with the daft Dog Is Life bit, the ballet version is better anyway...

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Previous

Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test