View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Imperial Wax Live ; They be being here

Post #21 - 10 Mar 2019, 22:11

I thought they were fucking abysmal, and I had an awful day. My mate Dai and I (who have known each other for 30 years) have settled into a bit of a routine with gig-going. I drive up to his in Clwyd for around lunchtime, we have a pint of Piss in his local, The Machynlleth Arms , have a ram in town, spend the afternoon drinking beer and eating crisps, stagger off to the venue and then have a curry afterwards. We have done this once or twice a year for many, many years (although the ram used to be a billy, of course) and are very set in our ways. However, it was a great pleasure to be joined by Dannynomates for the beer/crisps bit onwards this time! Good to catch up with Smegma2 at the venue too.

It was, as Dannynomates says, an curious little venue. There were lots of little rooms, and the room they played in was tiny, although surprisingly there was a balcony as well. The band was shite, but they have lots of interesting riffs/arrangements; however, I would echo Smegma's comment that his son is a right little wanker. As Dannynomates says, the vocals were a little buried, and this was probably a good thing, but he was pissed as a fart after his two pints. To be fair to Sam though, he does also add some good guitar work, just wish he wouldn't sing. The single (which they finished with) sounded particularly shit. I didn't think it was particularly loud, but maybe I'm just getting a bit deaf in my old age!

I had a chat with Pete and Ding after the gig. Amongst other things, I learned that:
The Damo gig was 'properly' recorded, but Damo was being a cunt so it's unlikely to be released.
They've stopped finishing with Wolf and Auto-Chip because it felt a bit 'empty' playing them without MES.
Ding has 'a load' of NFE out-takes.
The Eagle is, as Dannynomates said upthread, well fucking odd, and Keiron is no better. Their words not mine.
User avatar
Steve70nearly
Members
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 30th Mar 2018
Location: Llamlovli

Post #22 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:11

I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.
User avatar
Steve70nearly
Members
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 30th Mar 2018
Location: Llamlovli

Post #23 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:23

Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Powick Asylum
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.


https://www.notforprofitfuneralplans.co.uk

Post #24 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:35

Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:

Look just because I'm Welsh doesn't mean I can understand the language. :grrr:

I meant they were cachu. :mellow:
User avatar
Steve70nearly
Members
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 30th Mar 2018
Location: Llamlovli

Post #25 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:43

Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:

Look just because I'm Welsh doesn't mean I can understand the language. :grrr:

I meant they were cachu. :mellow:

Steve70nearly warned for Welsh profanity on my site.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #26 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:48

dannynomates » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:

Look just because I'm Welsh doesn't mean I can understand the language. :grrr:

I meant they were cachu. :mellow:

Steve70nearly warned for Welsh profanity on my site.

Dan

I'm allowed one profanity, you cwnt. :grrr:
User avatar
Steve70nearly
Members
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 30th Mar 2018
Location: Llamlovli

Post #27 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:50

Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 am wrote:
dannynomates » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:

Look just because I'm Welsh doesn't mean I can understand the language. :grrr:

I meant they were cachu. :mellow:

Steve70nearly warned for Welsh profanity on my site.

Dan

I'm allowed one profanity, you cwnt. :grrr:

No Welsh profanities are allowed and any posting in Welsh is deprecated.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #28 - 18 Mar 2019, 09:52

dannynomates » 1 minute ago wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 am wrote:
dannynomates » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 am wrote:
Steve70nearly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am wrote:I see they've added some new dates, including Clwb Ifor Bach in Caerdydd on June 7th.

I shan't bother because they were gwreiddiau last time.

They were roots? :wtf:

Look just because I'm Welsh doesn't mean I can understand the language. :grrr:

I meant they were cachu. :mellow:

Steve70nearly warned for Welsh profanity on my site.

Dan

I'm allowed one profanity, you cwnt. :grrr:

No Welsh profanities are allowed and any posting in Welsh is deprecated.

Dan

//// /// :angry:
Gene Vincents Amphetamine Stash
Members
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 23rd Jun 2018


Post #30 - 08 Jul 2019, 11:25

They played Rough Trade here in Bristol a couple of weeks ago to a disappointingly-small audience.

They were very good.
User avatar
Peter de Meteor
Members
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 6th Jul 2019

Post #31 - 08 Jul 2019, 19:11

Peter de Meteor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:25 pm wrote:They played Rough Trade here in Bristol a couple of weeks ago to a disappointingly-small audience.

Image

:(
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Powick Asylum
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.


https://www.notforprofitfuneralplans.co.uk

Post #32 - 09 Jul 2019, 17:37

Greasy Roads » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm wrote:
Peter de Meteor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:25 pm wrote:They played Rough Trade here in Bristol a couple of weeks ago to a disappointingly-small audience.

Image

:(

:laugh:
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 333459
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Guisborough, ancient Capital of Cleveland
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #33 - 25 Nov 2019, 22:47

IW playing Sheffield tonight, I am here but it seems no one else is. I hope righthard shows up.

Support bands Intervene and Carcrash were abysmal, and I had to warn them.

Review later.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #34 - 25 Nov 2019, 23:16

Well that was an embarrassment, Sheffield. Only 30 people turned up, fewer there at the end.

The singer was awful again and I warned him about it.

Posting from the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, next door to the uni, so handy for work in the morning.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #35 - 26 Nov 2019, 08:09

dannynomates » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 pm wrote:Well that was an embarrassment, Sheffield. Only 30 people turned up, fewer there at the end.

The singer was awful again and I warned him about it.

Posting from the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, next door to the uni, so handy for work in the morning.

Dan

I was going until I heard you were. I'm so glad I missed you boring me to death with your demographic analysis of the crowd that you gave at the last gig I saw you at. I dusted my model trees instead. :mellow:
User avatar
Potty
Members
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 7th Jan 2018
Location: Round the old oak tree

Post #36 - 26 Nov 2019, 09:48

One of them should get their girlfriend in on keyboards. :huh:
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 333459
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Guisborough, ancient Capital of Cleveland
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #37 - 26 Nov 2019, 13:20

routemaster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:48 am wrote:One of them should get their girlfriend in on keyboards. :huh:

Great idea, The Fall increased their fanbase overnight when Eleni joined, and in no way did she dictate how the group was run.
User avatar
smegma2
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 23rd Mar 2018
Poncey Elitist.

Post #38 - 26 Nov 2019, 13:24

smegma2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:20 pm wrote:
routemaster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:48 am wrote:One of them should get their girlfriend in on keyboards. :huh:

Great idea, The Fall increased their fanbase overnight when Eleni joined, and in no way did she dictate how the group was run.

I was joking you thick cunt, but it's funny seeing you take it so seriously and entirely miss the point. :rolleyes:
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 333459
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Guisborough, ancient Capital of Cleveland
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Previous

Return to Fallen Reviews

Website Security Test