View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Bus Drivers ; It's such a great life on the buses!

Post #521 - 04 Aug 2019, 17:33

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:56 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » 37 minutes ago wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:51 pm wrote:Trilobytes existed in the planet's oceans for over 300 million years: They were a hugely successful animal group. To be compared with a trilobyte is to be complimented.

Considering the stresses, strains, insults to mind and body, and managerial boobery to be coped with, bus drivers have endured and succeeded. They are the trilobytes of the working class :clap:

We shall leave for another time the green-eyed envy which motivates attacks on these Knights of the Highways and Byways. :angry:

Nobody envies a fucking bus driver, they are attacked because they're the scum of the earth. :radged:

A mere slur doesn't warrant a response...It must be a bitter feeling to know you didn't have what it takes to be a bus driver. Still, most don't, and also most don't stoop to tarring a noble profession with the broad brush of bile.

You're wasting your time with him, Father HC, he's a middle class under-worked overpaid ignoramus who treats the public highways as his own to the exclusion of everyone else. :angry:

On the bright side, it's only a matter of a few years before he will be unable to drive anymore, then he will be forced to use buses whether he likes it or not. :devil:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #522 - 04 Aug 2019, 17:45

It's sad - but a fact of existence - that old age creeps upon us (some faster than others) and uses the blackjack of old age to rob us of our abilities and leaves not a shred of dignity. :duh:
It's also a fact that Bus Drivers will ignore past vitriol and cheerfully drive the shriveled hulk-of-a-human to any destination served by the bus line. :yes:

He would do well to become acquainted with BOQ :)
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

Post #523 - 04 Aug 2019, 18:34

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm wrote:It's sad - but a fact of existence - that old age creeps upon us (some faster than others) and uses the blackjack of old age to rob us of our abilities and leaves not a shred of dignity. :duh:
It's also a fact that Bus Drivers will ignore past vitriol and cheerfully drive the shriveled hulk-of-a-human to any destination served by the bus line. :yes:

It's also a fact that these oldies spend the entire journey moaning about the bus being late or cold, a service they receive for free I might add. They will also expect to ride for free on the park n ride service, even though this service is not governed by the rules of stage carriage (England). BMW driving park n riders are worst for this. So no, they can fuck off. :radged:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #524 - 04 Aug 2019, 18:49

routemaster » 12 minutes ago wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm wrote:It's sad - but a fact of existence - that old age creeps upon us (some faster than others) and uses the blackjack of old age to rob us of our abilities and leaves not a shred of dignity. :duh:

It's also a fact that these oldies spend the entire journey moaning about the bus being late or cold, a service they receive for free I might add. They will also expect to ride for free on the park n ride service, even though this service is not governed by the rules of stage carriage (England). BMW driving park n riders are worst for this. So no, they can fuck off. :radged:

I shall say no more. I lack the knowledge of your legal system. Still, a free ride should not be an occasion for moaning and groaning, eh?
Members

Post #525 - 04 Aug 2019, 19:54

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm wrote:
routemaster » 12 minutes ago wrote:

I shall say no more. I lack the knowledge of your legal system. Still, a free ride should not be an occasion for moaning and groaning, eh?

Not when they swan around in £40K Beemers, no. :lol:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #526 - 04 Aug 2019, 21:58

routemaster » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 pm wrote:It's also a fact that these oldies spend the entire journey moaning about the bus being late or cold, a service they receive for free I might add.

And so they bloody well should. Paid taxes all their lives,the state should give back in their twilight years!!
Bus drivers should be made to ensure that each and every elderly citizen that rides on their bus, for free or not, receives personal attention, and they are comfortable during the course of the journey. Not too hot, not too cold, not too anything.
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #527 - 04 Aug 2019, 22:24

Mushshrooms » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:58 pm wrote:
routemaster » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 pm wrote:It's also a fact that these oldies spend the entire journey moaning about the bus being late or cold, a service they receive for free I might add.

And so they bloody well should. Paid taxes all their lives,the state should give back in their twilight years!!
Bus drivers should be made to ensure that each and every elderly citizen that rides on their bus, for free or not, receives personal attention, and they are comfortable during the course of the journey. Not too hot, not too cold, not too anything.

:clap:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

https://www.notforprofitfuneralplans.co.uk

Post #528 - 04 Aug 2019, 22:48

Greasy Roads » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 pm wrote:

Bollocks. :grrr: My Grandparents paid their dues all their lives, never got a free bus pass. The cunts should be means tested, sponging off the state while they sit on six figures. :grrr:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #529 - 04 Aug 2019, 23:15

routemaster » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:48 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 pm wrote:

Bollocks. :grrr: My Grandparents paid their dues all their lives, never got a free bus pass. The cunts should be means tested, sponging off the state while they sit on six figures. :grrr:

Your grandparents were presumably too illiterate to fill in the form. :huh:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

https://www.notforprofitfuneralplans.co.uk

Post #530 - 06 Aug 2019, 06:10

https://time.com/5644416/peter-pan-bus- ... mpartment/

Bus Driver Charged With Locking Woman in Luggage Compartment. :radged:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #531 - 08 Aug 2019, 17:00

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/07/penny-la ... -10533425/

Penny Lancaster kicked bus driver in the face and broke his nose.

She sounds like my kind of woman. :)
Jim Skidder
Members

Proud to be a plant wrangler from Texas. :)

Notts Forest 12 Leicester Soccer Club 0 - The biggest ever top tier defeat in the 131-year history of the Football League. :wanker:

Post #532 - 08 Aug 2019, 21:14

Jim Skidder » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:00 pm wrote:
She sounds like my kind of woman. :)

You did read the article? :wtf:

This woman broke up a fight between a bus driver and Rod Stewart. The bus driver was winning until she waded in with her stilettos. A bus driver should be allowed the dignity of panning Rod Stewart's head in at every opportunity, without interference from some bloody do-gooder just because he's shagging her. :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #533 - 08 Aug 2019, 22:51

Is Rod Stewart still allowed to roam free upon the earth...Haven't the proper authorities heard his last 25 years of "creative" output...I bet North Korea wouldn't take him.
Members

Post #534 - 09 Aug 2019, 15:03

Riding in a bus is safer - in the USA anyway - than riding in a car. :)

However, The USA averages 55,000 bus accidents per year :(

It's a big country, but apparently there's not enough room to get out of the way :lol:
Members

Post #535 - 09 Aug 2019, 15:40

In the UK riding in a bus is safer than cleaning out the lions' enclosure at the zoo wearing dungarees made out of raw steak. Fact. :huh:
Jim Skidder
Members

Proud to be a plant wrangler from Texas. :)

Notts Forest 12 Leicester Soccer Club 0 - The biggest ever top tier defeat in the 131-year history of the Football League. :wanker:

Post #536 - 13 Aug 2019, 15:40

If a person has a safety fetish, then street cars, also known as trolleys, are an alternative. The motorman can only stop or go because the vehicle is on rails. The motorman collects the money; stops or goes; and opens and closes the doors. The danger comes in when a passenger leaves a street car and has to cross a lane of traffic to get to the curb. He/she is on his/her own here and the motorman pushes the "go" switch whether the ex-passenger is squashed flat or not. "I'm not trained as an EMT; I have a schedule to meet" :duh:
Members

Post #537 - 13 Aug 2019, 15:50

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm wrote: The danger comes in when a passenger leaves a street car and has to cross a lane of traffic to get to the curb. He/she is on his/her own here and the motorman pushes the "go" switch whether the ex-passenger is squashed flat or not.

I like the sound of those. :devil:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #538 - 13 Aug 2019, 16:55

routemaster » Today, 15:50 wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm wrote: The danger comes in when a passenger leaves a street car and has to cross a lane of traffic to get to the curb. He/she is on his/her own here and the motorman pushes the "go" switch whether the ex-passenger is squashed flat or not.

For a bus driver, a Knight of the Macadam, to say this means only he/she is being puckish and witty. :laugh: Good one, sir.

But then, one must realize that in cities in the USA, the term "knockdown" universally means a pedestrian knocked down by a bus. "All units, we have a knockdown at 41st and 5th; please respond." :D
Members

Post #539 - 13 Aug 2019, 19:52

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm wrote:
routemaster » Today, 15:50 wrote:

For a bus driver, a Knight of the Macadam, to say this means only he/she is being puckish and witty. :laugh: Good one, sir.

You were doing so well. Throughout, you referred to people as he/she, correctly as we are unsure at this juncture of their sex. However I note two indiscretions, namely "motorman" and "sir". Clearly you only believe a male is capable of driving a bus.

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ warned for for blatant sexism..

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #540 - 13 Aug 2019, 20:08

[1] To have used "motorperson" would have been to create a neologism and I didn't want that onus over me.
[2] as to the "sir" I plead guilty and accept the Yellow Tooth as a warning.
[3] I also used "Knight" when I should have used Knight/Dame - another black mark.

I shall prayerfully consider what you have written :pray:
Members

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test