View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Questions And Answers ; Ask questions, get answers

Post #1 - 29 Nov 2018, 16:12

Who don't those dusk until dawn lights go out when they come on? :wtf:
User avatar
A Worthless Man
Members
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 5th Jan 2018

Post #2 - 29 Nov 2018, 16:21

A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm wrote:Who don't those dusk until dawn lights go out when they come on? :wtf:

What dusk till dawn lights?

Do you mean street lights?

Why would they go out as soon as they went on?

What the fuck are you talking about?
User avatar
In The North
Members
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 26th Jan 2018

Post #3 - 29 Nov 2018, 16:47

In The North » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:
A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm wrote:Who don't those dusk until dawn lights go out when they come on? :wtf:

What dusk till dawn lights?

Do you mean street lights?

Why would they go out as soon as they went on?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Image

https://www.electrical-showroom.co.uk/i ... YWEALw_wcB

There's no need to be offensive. Bulbs like this that come on when it's dark and go off when it's light. You'd think that as soon as they lit up they'd go out again. :wtf:
User avatar
A Worthless Man
Members
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 5th Jan 2018

Post #4 - 29 Nov 2018, 17:28

A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 pm wrote:
In The North » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:
A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm wrote:Who don't those dusk until dawn lights go out when they come on? :wtf:

What dusk till dawn lights?

Do you mean street lights?

Why would they go out as soon as they went on?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Image

https://www.electrical-showroom.co.uk/i ... YWEALw_wcB

There's no need to be offensive. Bulbs like this that come on when it's dark and go off when it's light. You'd think that as soon as they lit up they'd go out again. :wtf:

It's quite straightforward really AWM. The light bulb housing will contain a senser in it's housing, probably that little black dot you can see in the photograph. The senser will detect when the light in the room is insufficient and switch the light bulb on. It will not go out until it detects the normal light away from the bulb is sufficient to not require the artificial light, and thus will switch the bulb off again accordingly. There was every need for In The North to be offensive as it's not fucking rocket science, you thick cunt.
User avatar
Circus Monkey
Members
 
Posts: 102
Joined: 16th Mar 2018

Post #5 - 29 Nov 2018, 18:00

Circus Monkey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:28 pm wrote:
A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 pm wrote:
In The North » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm wrote:
A Worthless Man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm wrote:Who don't those dusk until dawn lights go out when they come on? :wtf:

What dusk till dawn lights?

Do you mean street lights?

Why would they go out as soon as they went on?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Image

https://www.electrical-showroom.co.uk/i ... YWEALw_wcB

There's no need to be offensive. Bulbs like this that come on when it's dark and go off when it's light. You'd think that as soon as they lit up they'd go out again. :wtf:

It's quite straightforward really AWM. The light bulb housing will contain a senser in it's housing, probably that little black dot you can see in the photograph. The senser will detect when the light in the room is insufficient and switch the light bulb on. It will not go out until it detects the normal light away from the bulb is sufficient to not require the artificial light, and thus will switch the bulb off again accordingly. There was every need for In The North to be offensive as it's not fucking rocket science, you thick cunt.

You're incorrect Circus Monkey. These bulbs are meant for outside use, patio areas, security, that sort of thing.

The auto Sensor range of bulbs from Integral LED are designed to convert a standard security light fitting to one that will automatically come on at dusk and go off at dawn using dual 360 degree sensors that detect natural light levels.

Using two 360 degree sensors to detect light from all angles the Auto Sensor bulb detects when ambient daylight intensity is less than 80 Lux (dusk) and automatically turn on, and when the daylight is higher than 300 Lux (dawn) it will automatically turn off again. It is ideal for use in suitable enclosed outdoor fittings in external porches, walkways, paths and patios. It is not compatible with artificial light sources and should be used in light fittings with clear glass or clear plastic casing, with at least one of its 360 degree sensors able to "see" daylight.

This clever 6.6W bulb can be retrofitted and is equivalent to a standard 40W bulb, has an E27 (large screw) fitting and will emit a daylight light at a 510 lumin light level. It has a wide beam angle of 240 °, gives instantaneous light with no warm up period, and has an impressive expected life time of 25,000 hours.

It is non-dimmable and you are unable to change the light sensing levels.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #6 - 29 Nov 2018, 22:21

How do you know they're not the motion detector types?
I've got those, and they look exactly the effing same!!!
User avatar
Mushshrooms
Members
 
Posts: 444
Joined: 20th Jan 2018

Post #7 - 14 Dec 2018, 07:31

Why were Chelsea fans singing anti-Semitic chants in Budapest of all places? :wtf:
User avatar
StuckupPercy
Members
 
Posts: 497
Joined: 6th Jan 2018

Post #8 - 11 Mar 2019, 07:34

Why does Ronnie O'Sullivan talk with an Australian accent nowadays?
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #9 - 08 Apr 2019, 08:29

I have a new phone. How the fuck do you pronounce Xiaomi? :wtf:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #10 - 08 Apr 2019, 10:17

Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am wrote:I have a new phone. How the fuck do you pronounce Xiaomi? :wtf:

I'd text you a reply but my phone's been blocked by those cunts at O2. How do you spell Xiaomi? :(
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 332389
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Hit after hit! Image

Post #11 - 08 Apr 2019, 11:09

routemaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:17 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am wrote:I have a new phone. How the fuck do you pronounce Xiaomi? :wtf:

I'd text you a reply but my phone's been blocked by those cunts at O2. How do you spell Xiaomi? :(

Just like how it's pronounced. :wtf:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #12 - 08 Apr 2019, 18:13

Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 pm wrote:
routemaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:17 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am wrote:I have a new phone. How the fuck do you pronounce Xiaomi? :wtf:

I'd text you a reply but my phone's been blocked by those cunts at O2. How do you spell Xiaomi? :(

Just like how it's pronounced. :wtf:

Excellent, this thread is a God-send. :clap:
User avatar
routemaster
On The Buses
 
Posts: 332389
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Hit after hit! Image

Post #13 - 08 Apr 2019, 18:23

routemaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 pm wrote:
routemaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:17 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am wrote:I have a new phone. How the fuck do you pronounce Xiaomi? :wtf:

I'd text you a reply but my phone's been blocked by those cunts at O2. How do you spell Xiaomi? :(

Just like how it's pronounced. :wtf:

Excellent, this thread is a God-send. :clap:

:duh:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 3017
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #14 - 19 Apr 2019, 09:59

Is it just me, or did the Never Mind the Bollocks cover designer get the colour scheme and layout idea from Andy Warhol's VU & Nico sleeve?

I can't help noticing things like this as I'm as nutty as a fruit cake. :-)


Image Image


Face it, they're almost identical aren't they?
User avatar
The Strange One
Members
 
Posts: 149
Joined: 7th Jan 2018
The stereo Radio Lancs Clitheroe '85 set on an official LP from the master tape, please...!


Post #16 - 19 Apr 2019, 10:52

Are they fuck alike. :rolleyes:
User avatar
academichibernian
Members
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 5th Jan 2018
Etiolated since 2018.

Post #17 - 19 Apr 2019, 10:58


They have pinky and yellowy colours. They have capitals and small letters.

I have done documenting work in my time, and the formats are broadly *totally* identical.
User avatar
The Strange One
Members
 
Posts: 149
Joined: 7th Jan 2018
The stereo Radio Lancs Clitheroe '85 set on an official LP from the master tape, please...!

Post #18 - 19 Apr 2019, 17:21

The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am wrote:

They have pinky and yellowy colours. They have capitals and small letters.

I have done documenting work in my time, and the formats are broadly *totally* identical.

Pink? I'm getting more of a mauve. That much is more or less black and white.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Post #19 - 19 Apr 2019, 17:25

dannynomates » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:
The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am wrote:

They have pinky and yellowy colours. They have capitals and small letters.

I have done documenting work in my time, and the formats are broadly *totally* identical.

Pink? I'm getting more of a mauve. That much is more or less black and white.

Dan

The banana is pink, and it slopes.

Probably just a coincidence. :shrug:
User avatar
Aubrey The Cat In The Hat
Members
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 6th Jan 2018

Post #20 - 19 Apr 2019, 17:35

Aubrey The Cat In The Hat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:
The Strange One » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:58 am wrote:

They have pinky and yellowy colours. They have capitals and small letters.

I have done documenting work in my time, and the formats are broadly *totally* identical.

Pink? I'm getting more of a mauve. That much is more or less black and white.

Dan

The banana is pink, and it slopes.

Probably just a coincidence. :shrug:

The angularity is all wrong, I hadn't noticed this. I'm struggling to decide who to warn now.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: 1st Dec 2017

Next

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test cron