View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Greasy Roads

Post #1 - 04 Mar 2021, 20:10

I've just received a message from Greasy Roads' son which I shall copy and post below.

Hi,

It's GR's son GR Jnr here and I was just on his laptop going through a few things and noticed the forum and the thread surrounding the hernia. Unfortunately as you may have guessed it isn't good news and yesterday my Dad passed away at the Hospice in Worcester. Unfortunately he had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and ultimately the doctors determined it was incurable.

Towards the end he was in so much pain and it was very difficult to see him like that, so it brings me comfort to know he is out of that. He was such a lovely bloke and I'll miss him terribly, particularly the great sense of humour he possessed. I saw him everyday till he passed away and he was still his usual witty yourself right to the end.

This forum was a big part of him in recent times and even though I really didn't know what it was he was always on it. I think you two were good friends so please pass around the message to anyone you feel needs to know. Again I'm so sorry to bring you this news.

GR Jnr

I am terribly upset as I'm sure we all will be, but his illness was at least short and so his pain lessened. I have replied to GR Jnr offering him and GR's friends and family my sincere condolences. This place of course will never be the same again, but I do think GR would have liked the fact his son used his account to send the message, he would have seen that as quite darkly amusing.

RIP Greasy Roads, you will never be forgotten here at your forum.

routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #2 - 04 Mar 2021, 20:53

Ah, Hell!!
Terrible news, I kinda expected something like this.
So sad, GR was only 66, my age.
Sincerest condolences to his son and the rest of his family :duh: :(

.......and it looks like the fence is fixed at last!!!

(Please pin this thread)
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #3 - 04 Mar 2021, 21:33

This is terribly sad news - sincere good wishes to the family.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #4 - 04 Mar 2021, 23:23

Gutted to read this. :duh:

My condolences to his family.

He cracked me up, and will be missed.

RIP, Greasy.

:cry2:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Post #5 - 05 Mar 2021, 01:51

I'm very sorry. He had a good heart and was kind. I'll miss him.
FlowerCake
Members

You attract more flies with shit than sugar

Post #6 - 05 Mar 2021, 01:55

Please tell me it's a joke (yes I know it isn't).

Good of the son for passing it on, difficult though it must have been.

Only the best.
FlowerCake
Members

You attract more flies with shit than sugar

Post #7 - 05 Mar 2021, 08:40

Mushshrooms » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 pm wrote:
(Please pin this thread)

I have looked into this, strangely my mod tools do not seem to allow me to do this. The other pinned topics were put in place from the start, or by Connor, so despite my Googling the issue, my attempts so far have been fruitless.

It's worth noting that routemaster was incorrect in suggesting the Forum was Greasy Roads', it is of course mine but I shall put this mistake down to the upset and spare him a warning on this occasion.

RIP Greasy Roads, your behaviour here was not always to my satisfaction or requirement, but I think you meant well.

My condolences to Greasy Roads' friends and family at this difficult time. And talking of time, my daughter is ready for her morning bath.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #8 - 05 Mar 2021, 08:40

Happy Jack
Members

Sweet and tender hooligan.

Post #9 - 05 Mar 2021, 08:49

Image[/u

He loved the Villa and he took me to a match when I stayed with him. I will put the ticket on my door in memory of him.

GR jnr came with us. A lovely young man,
Happy Jack
Members

Post #10 - 05 Mar 2021, 08:58

Image[/url]

He loved his cat,

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and saw the cat. I went downstairs and told GFR. He said "Just switch on the tap and he will soon get out." :lol:
Happy Jack
Members

Post #11 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:06

Happy Jack » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 am wrote:Image[/url]

He loved his cat,

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and saw the cat. I went downstairs and told GFR. He said "Just switch on the tap and he will soon get out." :lol:

Loved that cat pic - I hope his cat gets looked after. :)
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #12 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:06

He liked to drive fast. The first time I got into his Morgan he sped away and I reached for the seat belt. There were none. I said to him "Isn't that illegal?"
His reply was: "Dave, I don't give a fuck!" :lol:
Happy Jack
Members

Post #13 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:28

He took me to Elgar's grave, commenting on the fact that Elgar's wife has prominance, and we talked about women.
Happy Jack
Members

Post #14 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:32

Sonofsmegma » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 am wrote:

He loved his cat,

He left the poor fucker out for nine days once. :angry:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #15 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:37

I have lots more to say about this remarkable man. Not to mention his filming of hedgehogs in the night.

I miss him. :(

My love goes out to all his family and friends. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Happy Jack
Members

Post #16 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:39

routemaster » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:32 am wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 am wrote:

He loved his cat,

He left the poor fucker out for nine days once. :angry:

:grin:

Mum did the same thing some years back.

Dad went on a business trip, and mum was supposed to look after the cat. She went off a drinking binge with a bloke she knew instead - barely saw her except when she came break briefly to raid the sideboard for the last of dad's :wanker2: wine.

She took the housekeeping money too, to buy vodka, so I couldn't afford cat food - the cat survived outside for the most part, probably going in and out of other's houses - they're quite resourceful. :snigger:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #17 - 05 Mar 2021, 09:43

Happy Jack » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 am wrote:Image

He liked to drive fast. The first time I got into his Morgan he sped away and I reached for the seat belt. There were none. I said to him "Isn't that illegal?"
His reply was: "Dave, I don't give a fuck!" :lol:

I have researched this.

In the UK, a requirement for anchorage points was introduced in 1965, followed by the requirement in 1968 to fit three-point belts in the front outboard positions on all new cars and all existing cars back to 1965.[citation needed] Successive UK governments proposed, but failed to deliver, seat belt legislation throughout the 1970s. Front seat belts were compulsory equipment on all new cars registered in the UK from 1968, although it did not become compulsory for them to be worn until 1983. Rear seat belts were compulsory equipment from 1986 and became compulsory for them to be worn in 1991. However, it has never been a legal requirement for cars registered before those dates to be fitted with seat belts.[7] In one such attempt in 1979 similar claims for potential lives and injuries saved were advanced. William Rodgers, then Secretary of State for Transport in the Callaghan Labour Government (1976–1979), stated: "On the best available evidence of accidents in this country - evidence which has not been seriously contested - compulsion could save up to 1000 lives and 10,000 injuries a year."[8]

I am pretty sure Greasy Roads' classic car was built in 1972, so by law should have been fitted with seat belts. Health and Safety is very important.

Happy Jack warned for accepting travel in a vehicle of unroadworthy condition and laughing about it on my forum.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #18 - 05 Mar 2021, 13:22

Mod note: Thread now successfully pinned.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #19 - 05 Mar 2021, 14:45

He took me to see this, one of his favourite paintings.

Altered Ego
Members

This Charming Fan

Post #20 - 05 Mar 2021, 14:50

He took me to Worcester Cathedral and we searched and eventually found King Edward 1

Happy Jack
Members

Next

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test