View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Nature notebook

Post #1 - 10 Jul 2020, 10:34

Buy curious would love this.

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #2 - 10 Jul 2020, 13:18

Sonofsmegma » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:34 am wrote:Buy curious would love this.

Ooh I wouldn’t mind cultivating one of those. :snigger:

Btw who’s Buy curious, you cunt? :shrug:
Buys Curios
Members

Post #3 - 11 Jul 2020, 07:37

:huh:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #4 - 15 Jul 2020, 16:30

Chicks

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #5 - 15 Jul 2020, 17:05

Cock.

Chavahoy
Members

Post #6 - 17 Jul 2020, 16:08

Owls are wonderful. :)

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #7 - 18 Jul 2020, 22:40

Badgers. :)

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #8 - 19 Jul 2020, 12:49

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #9 - 19 Jul 2020, 13:38

Bear.

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #10 - 22 Jul 2020, 10:01

Butch Cassady
Members

Post #11 - 09 Aug 2020, 14:51

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #12 - 12 Aug 2020, 19:59

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #13 - 17 Aug 2020, 13:26

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #14 - 20 Aug 2020, 14:52

Apparently this is real. Still looks horrible.

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #15 - 23 Aug 2020, 21:22

Fight! Fight! FIGHT! :angry:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #16 - 23 Aug 2020, 21:55

Sonofsmegma » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:22 pm wrote:Fight! Fight! FIGHT! :angry:

Wish you'd meet an angry kangaroo. :grrr:

routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Location: Outside of Teesside with the Guisborough hills above
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #17 - 23 Aug 2020, 22:58

Actually as in my clip they seemed to be fighting in a bar, it had occurred to me that would be similar to the situation if I bumped into you in your local bar up the road, in Teesside! :angry:

Of course it wouldn't look nearly as nice as the one in the film clip, before or afterwards... :grrr:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #18 - 23 Aug 2020, 23:20

Sonofsmegma » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:58 pm wrote:Actually as in my clip they seemed to be fighting in a bar, it had occurred to me that would be similar to the situation if I bumped into you in your local bar up the road, in Teesside! :angry:

Of course it wouldn't look nearly as nice as the one in the film clip, before or afterwards... :grrr:

Correct, apart from the Teesside bit. And I'd win of course. :huh:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Location: Outside of Teesside with the Guisborough hills above
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #19 - 26 Aug 2020, 13:58

Mpape Crushed Rock: Nigerians flock to new Abuja beauty spot

Image copyright Fatima Muhammad

An abandoned quarry in Nigeria has become a tourist hotspot after images were posted on social media earlier this month.

The rocky cliffs climbing into a blue sky, a moss-lined footpath, small green hills and a lake that shimmers in the sun are quite breath-taking and a set of images shared on Twitter at the beginning of August has been liked more than a thousand times.

In a matter of days of the post, the site, known as Crushed Rock, in Mpape - a poor neighbourhood on the outskirts of the capital Abuja - was thronged.

There has been a DJ stand, food vendors, hundreds of sun-bathing selfie-takers - and even a band of classical musicians.

Nigerians are not generally known to be outdoor lovers - the weather is very hot in the north and quite humid in the south.

However, there is a burgeoning community of hikers around Abuja inspired by the many expatriates living in the political capital.

The coronavirus pandemic has also had a part to play in encouraging these young middle-class Nigerians to explore the hills in the country's rocky central region.

The lockdown, which prevented people from travelling elsewhere, has meant that places closer to home are being explored.

The area around Mpape, which means "rock" in the local Gwari language, supplied much of the stone used to transform Abuja from a small village in the 1980s into the country's capital city.

"The quarry has existed for more than 10 years," said Mpape resident Courage Ebenz, who is somewhat bemused by the sudden influx of city-dwellers.

Nigeria has an abundance of sites of natural beauty, but this "man-made" location has its own appeal - with three main tiers that each give a stunning view of the water below.

Sightseers can choose a small winding footpath to the top terrace, where the grass is an ideal picnic location.

The more adventurous can continue down the path that circles and snakes down to the water's edge.

But a warning for the brave who might want to plunge into the water - the locals say it is full of abandoned machinery.

According to Abraham Adepelumi, a geo-physicist at Obafemi Awolowo university, the lake was formed as a result of the fracturing of an aquifer.

"Once the rock got fractured, the water within the rock was under pressure," he told the BBC.

"It is a natural phenomenon, Mpape is a fracture-prone area of Abuja and has experienced tremors as recent as 2018."

The local emergency agency has warned amateurs against hiking at Mpape Crushed Rock, but fun-seekers seem not to be deterred.

"I didn't know we had such a place in Nigeria and I wanted to see if it is real," Elizabeth Okute, who came with her friends after seeing pictures on Facebook, told the BBC.

"I am surprised such a place exists in Abuja and I love what I am seeing," said Ann Chukwuka.

Ann Chukwuka wanted to see the place for herself

Emeka Uko, who kept straying to the edge much to the chagrin of his friends, added: "I hope we put measures in place to preserve it."

This is exactly what some volunteers decided to do last Saturday, clearing up a trail of plastic waste around the quarry that has built up over the last few weeks.

They split into two groups to compete to see who could collect the most rubbish - updating social media as they went.

"A lot of people felt it was their responsibility to clean up the place," Brandon Akume, whose group came second in the clean-up dash, told the BBC.

This was an alien concept to most Nigerians, he added.

He moved from one group of picnickers to the other, handing out rubbish bags, instructing people to dispose of their litter.

"They want to poison this place, it seems I have my work cut out for me," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa ... obal-en-GB
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #20 - 26 Aug 2020, 15:52

Sonofsmegma » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:58 pm wrote:Mpape Crushed Rock: Nigerians flock to new Abuja beauty spot

An abandoned quarry in Nigeria has become a tourist hotspot after images were posted on social media earlier this month.

The rocky cliffs climbing into a blue sky, a moss-lined footpath, small green hills and a lake that shimmers in the sun are quite breath-taking and a set of images shared on Twitter at the beginning of August has been liked more than a thousand times.

In a matter of days of the post, the site, known as Crushed Rock, in Mpape - a poor neighbourhood on the outskirts of the capital Abuja - was thronged.

There has been a DJ stand, food vendors, hundreds of sun-bathing selfie-takers - and even a band of classical musicians.

Nigerians are not generally known to be outdoor lovers - the weather is very hot in the north and quite humid in the south.

However, there is a burgeoning community of hikers around Abuja inspired by the many expatriates living in the political capital.

The coronavirus pandemic has also had a part to play in encouraging these young middle-class Nigerians to explore the hills in the country's rocky central region.

The lockdown, which prevented people from travelling elsewhere, has meant that places closer to home are being explored.

The area around Mpape, which means "rock" in the local Gwari language, supplied much of the stone used to transform Abuja from a small village in the 1980s into the country's capital city.

"The quarry has existed for more than 10 years," said Mpape resident Courage Ebenz, who is somewhat bemused by the sudden influx of city-dwellers.

Nigeria has an abundance of sites of natural beauty, but this "man-made" location has its own appeal - with three main tiers that each give a stunning view of the water below.

Sightseers can choose a small winding footpath to the top terrace, where the grass is an ideal picnic location.

The more adventurous can continue down the path that circles and snakes down to the water's edge.

But a warning for the brave who might want to plunge into the water - the locals say it is full of abandoned machinery.

According to Abraham Adepelumi, a geo-physicist at Obafemi Awolowo university, the lake was formed as a result of the fracturing of an aquifer.

"Once the rock got fractured, the water within the rock was under pressure," he told the BBC.

"It is a natural phenomenon, Mpape is a fracture-prone area of Abuja and has experienced tremors as recent as 2018."

The local emergency agency has warned amateurs against hiking at Mpape Crushed Rock, but fun-seekers seem not to be deterred.

"I didn't know we had such a place in Nigeria and I wanted to see if it is real," Elizabeth Okute, who came with her friends after seeing pictures on Facebook, told the BBC.

"I am surprised such a place exists in Abuja and I love what I am seeing," said Ann Chukwuka.

Ann Chukwuka wanted to see the place for herself

Emeka Uko, who kept straying to the edge much to the chagrin of his friends, added: "I hope we put measures in place to preserve it."

This is exactly what some volunteers decided to do last Saturday, clearing up a trail of plastic waste around the quarry that has built up over the last few weeks.

They split into two groups to compete to see who could collect the most rubbish - updating social media as they went.

"A lot of people felt it was their responsibility to clean up the place," Brandon Akume, whose group came second in the clean-up dash, told the BBC.

This was an alien concept to most Nigerians, he added.

He moved from one group of picnickers to the other, handing out rubbish bags, instructing people to dispose of their litter.

"They want to poison this place, it seems I have my work cut out for me," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa ... obal-en-GB

How fascinating. :yawn:
righthard
Members

Next

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test