View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Morrissey ; Declare him now the King of the world

Post #21 - 12 Apr 2020, 12:41

Happy Jack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:03 am wrote:

Fuck off. He is the true Poet Laureate.

I refer the dishonourable gentleman to my previous post about the book written by academics.

The closest you and your like will come to academia is a trip to Douglas Park.

I somehow think academic hibernian, or even our learned friend, danny :wanker: , might disagree with that.
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #22 - 12 Apr 2020, 13:11

Sonofsmegma » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:41 pm wrote:
Happy Jack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:03 am wrote:

Fuck off. He is the true Poet Laureate.

I refer the dishonourable gentleman to my previous post about the book written by academics.

The closest you and your like will come to academia is a trip to Douglas Park.

I somehow think academic hibernian, or even our learned friend, danny :wanker: , might disagree with that.

What I disagree with is you making out I'm a friend of yours. And it's academichibernian.

Sonofsmegma warned for suggesting I have friends.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #23 - 15 Apr 2020, 13:10

Mr. Martial
Members

Post #24 - 15 Apr 2020, 13:12

Mr. Martial
Members

Post #25 - 15 Apr 2020, 22:34

The divine Mr. M may even be guilty of not keeping his musical hands to himself: "Girlfriend in a Coma" was written by Nobel Laurelate finalist Mojo Nixon and perhaps there was some give and take going on. Having never heard Morrissey or The Smiths, I can't say; but, expert evidence has been produced - from an expert - in so many other areas that it's possible, eh?

And, Mr Martial has only 169 posts which says to me that he's very careful about what he posts and takes pains to ensure accuracy and verisimilitude always. :)
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

Post #26 - 15 Apr 2020, 22:50

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:34 pm wrote:
And, Mr Martial has only 169 posts which says to me that he's very careful about what he posts and takes pains to ensure accuracy and verisimilitude always. :)

Correct. Morrissey is a cunt.
Mr. Martial
Members

Post #27 - 15 Apr 2020, 23:30

See what I mean: Mr Martial used up a valuable post to re-emphasize his being on the side of the expert who was quoted in the newspaper. :clap:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

Post #28 - 21 Apr 2020, 07:42

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00152471.html

Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening to Morrissey's Songs Due to His Racist Views. :huh:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #29 - 21 Apr 2020, 09:40

StuckupPercy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 am wrote:Image

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00152471.html

Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening to Morrissey's Songs Due to His Racist Views. :huh:

The cunt has fur round his neck, so he has no problem with killing animals? Those deer will be next. :grrr:

And he's a fucking Mormon so he won't drink booze. :wanker:
Right Said Fred
Members

Post #30 - 24 Apr 2020, 18:09

Lovely tribute from the greatest living human being on the earth today.

"Genesis P-Orridge was born in Manchester but wasn't ever a part of the Manchester scene. A few weeks ago he died at the age of 70, although, to his credit, he looked more like a very well preserved 365-year old - which was nice. He was a multifarious non-musician who never lost his strangeness, and who was viciously attacked by the British tabloids because he (perhaps like they) enjoyed 'indecent' books. His albums with Throbbing Gristle have an overdeveloped erotic sensitivity, all of which he made appear to be, in fact, quite nice. He gave without reservation, making music at 19 years old until his recent days as a nightmare teenager of 70.
Since none of his emotions were manufactured he was therefore never of interest to the power arms of the music industry. His singing voice, it's quite true, could behead roses, and his musicians often made the mistake of confusing chemicals with creativity. And it was all quite nice. Genesis P-Orridge had an extra eye (artistically so) - and your mocking laughter soon dissolved into a magnetic attraction for someone of wide culture and colossal memory.
Obviously he saw our chosen obedient way of living as a sterile hell (for who wouldn't?), and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument : whatever you need to save you is right there within you. This, also, was quite nice. Eventually he became the women he loved. Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy, but it didn't matter very much. He had the ability to make everything seem alright, and perhaps without realizing it himself, he was very nice. After all, why remain as a fixed image … from forceps to funeral?"

Morrissey, 22 April 2020
Happy Jack
Members

Sweet and tender hooligan.

Post #31 - 24 Apr 2020, 18:30

Happy Jack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:09 pm wrote:Lovely tribute from the greatest living human being on the earth today.

"Genesis P-Orridge was born in Manchester but wasn't ever a part of the Manchester scene. A few weeks ago he died at the age of 70, although, to his credit, he looked more like a very well preserved 365-year old - which was nice. He was a multifarious non-musician who never lost his strangeness, and who was viciously attacked by the British tabloids because he (perhaps like they) enjoyed 'indecent' books. His albums with Throbbing Gristle have an overdeveloped erotic sensitivity, all of which he made appear to be, in fact, quite nice. He gave without reservation, making music at 19 years old until his recent days as a nightmare teenager of 70.
Since none of his emotions were manufactured he was therefore never of interest to the power arms of the music industry. His singing voice, it's quite true, could behead roses, and his musicians often made the mistake of confusing chemicals with creativity. And it was all quite nice. Genesis P-Orridge had an extra eye (artistically so) - and your mocking laughter soon dissolved into a magnetic attraction for someone of wide culture and colossal memory.
Obviously he saw our chosen obedient way of living as a sterile hell (for who wouldn't?), and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument : whatever you need to save you is right there within you. This, also, was quite nice. Eventually he became the women he loved. Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy, but it didn't matter very much. He had the ability to make everything seem alright, and perhaps without realizing it himself, he was very nice. After all, why remain as a fixed image … from forceps to funeral?"

Morrissey, 22 April 2020

The writers at Mojo and Uncut must be fucking shitting themselves.
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #32 - 26 Apr 2020, 10:44

TO BE RIGHT, BUT TO NOT BE BELIEVED

April 25, 2020
"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times.

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

phpBB [video]
Happy Jack
Members

Post #33 - 30 Apr 2020, 17:31

A few weeks ago Cornershop announced that they did not like 'racist' Morrissey. It was widely reported. What the fuck I thought? Cornershop? Haven't thought about them in years. Then I found out that after 5 years away they are making a 'comeback' with a new album released. The one-hit wonders were using Morrissey to get some publicity for their album.
Cunts.

Then Brandon Flowers of The Killers (they used to be popular onetime apparently) recently decided to talk to the music press about how he still loves The Smiths but won't let his kids listen to 'racist' Morrissey. What brought this on I wondered? Quick research and, oh hold on. The Killers have a new album out in May, their first in 3 years.
What a cunt.

Want more?

Monorail Music ( a tiny shitty record shop using a back-room attached to a small 'trendy' pub in Glasgow) declared that they would not be stocking the latest Morrissey album. It made the news.
Publicity seeking cunts. Well cunt. It is run by a single man. I have been there.

It is testament to the enduring power of the man himself that people see criticism of Morrissey as a means to gain media attention.

Fuck off you underachieving cunts using Morrissey's endless greatness to fake outrage and sell your stuff.

phpBB [video]
Happy Jack
Members

Post #34 - 30 Apr 2020, 20:47

Happy Jack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:31 pm wrote:A few weeks ago Cornershop announced that they did not like 'racist' Morrissey. It was widely reported. What the fuck I thought? Cornershop? Haven't thought about them in years. Then I found out that after 5 years away they are making a 'comeback' with a new album released. The one-hit wonders were using Morrissey to get some publicity for their album.
Cunts.

Then Brandon Flowers of The Killers (they used to be popular onetime apparently) recently decided to talk to the music press about how he still loves The Smiths but won't let his kids listen to 'racist' Morrissey. What brought this on I wondered? Quick research and, oh hold on. The Killers have a new album out in May, their first in 3 years.
What a cunt.

Want more?

Monorail Music ( a tiny shitty record shop using a back-room attached to a small 'trendy'' pub in Glasgow) declared that they would not be stocking the latest Morrissey album. It made the news.
Publicity seeking cunts. Well cunt. It is run by a single man. I have been there.

It is testament to the enduring power of the man himself that people see criticism of Morrissey as a means to gain media attention.

Fuck off you underachieving cunts using Morrissey's endless greatness to fake outrage and sell your stuff.

phpBB [video]

So if I banned Morrissey on this site and plastered that I'd done so all over social media do you think that would get the punters in?
Connor
Site Admin

Post #35 - 30 Apr 2020, 20:54

Happy Jack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:31 pm wrote:A few weeks ago Cornershop announced that they did not like 'racist' Morrissey. It was widely reported. What the fuck I thought? Cornershop? Haven't thought about them in years. Then I found out that after 5 years away they are making a 'comeback' with a new album released. The one-hit wonders were using Morrissey to get some publicity for their album.
Cunts.

What a cunt.

Want more?

Monorail Music ( a tiny shitty record shop using a back-room attached to a small 'trendy'' pub in Glasgow) declared that they would not be stocking the latest Morrissey album. It made the news.

phpBB [video]

This is actually a reasonably well written piece, there is one faux pas where a full stop is used instead of a comma which would have been better, but on the whole a decent bit of work. I've read worse in the music press. Given the amount of alcohol and drugs that you generally consume when you post, it's even more remarkable.

Happy Jack warned for excessive profanity.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #36 - 01 May 2020, 22:40

I used to like Morrissey, at least some of his music, back in the early 90s. I've still got a soft spot for some of the live shows from 1991...something about his band's guitar sound in particular at that time, that really worked well then. Probably because it was still basically The Smiths. lol :>)

This gig shows his irresponsible side, though as noted he did agonize afterwards...

The sound is good...felt a bit like a rubbernecker listening to the closing moments of the recording, but that could have been worse (not that I would have wanted it to be, approached it with some trepidation, as a sensitive type...though thankfully as noted it does say the injuries were cuts and bruises, thankfully only a few died).

"Morrissey
Pauley Pavilion, UCLA
Los Angeles, CA
November 1, 1991

Thanks to the original uploader!

“Soundboard > ? > Akiraware > CDR > WAV (iTunes) > FLAC (ImToo)”

01. "intro - Wayward Sisters"
02. November Spawned A Monster
03. Alsatian Cousin >> Asian Cunt
04. Our Frank's Parrot Died
05. The Froot Loop
06. King Leer
07. Sister I'm A Fister
08. Piccadilly Palare
09. Driving Your Girlfriend Home, You Both Die In A Bus Crash
10. Send The Bengali In Platforms Home
11. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful So We Kill Them> "riot"

"Southern California is notorious for being the scene of the wildest Morrissey concerts and this one didn't fail that reputation. As soon as Morrissey entered stage, it was obvious that the man was in a very special mood. He roared very loudly, something rather surprising for him at the time, then growled a loud "Hello!". By track 11, it all kicked off.

It was reported the next day that 48 fans had been injured and that UCLA officials and a concert promoter blamed Morrissey, saying he should not have urged the audience to move in closer. In all, 22 people were treated and released at UCLA Medical Center for a variety of minor injuries, most of them cuts and bruises. 6 others were treated at the scene while the other 20 died in terrible pain. After the concert was halted, the promoter said that Morrissey agonized about his mistake and whether he should go back out and talk to the crowd. The promotor said Morrissey should pay for all the injuries, but Moz told him to fuck off and die.
The Strange One
Members

The stereo Radio Lancs Clitheroe '85 set on an official LP from the master tape, please...!

And Glasto 2015 and that other one from The Sage and a sky-blue vinyl of MES doing the footy results...!

BUY ALL YOUR FOOD WRAPPED IN PLASTIC IF YOU NEED TO

Post #37 - 09 May 2020, 21:19

Pat Nevin interviewed by Stuart McHugh, ~

"Despite Nevin’s efforts – he was player of the year – Chelsea got relegated – a far cry from today. But he remained in the top league, signing to Everton for close to a million pounds. Happily, his musical interest wasn’t curtailed too much, living in the comparatively affluent Chester suburbs.
With Madchester and The Smiths in their ascendancy, the move was convenient for not just footballing reasons. And indeed, provided more proof that football and contemporary music are unlikely bedfellows. Nevin became friendly with Vini Reilly – guitarist with Factory act The Durutti Column, and former bandmate with one Steven Patrick Morrissey.

An invite to Moz’s mansion followed, in the leafy suburb of Bowden. Nevin enlisted the help of teammate, Northern Ireland international Norman Whiteside, for directions to the area.
“I live in that road! I’ll come down, we could all get pished together!” Whiteside offered. “I couldn’t do it, so decided to tell him I couldn’t find his house”. A fascinating evening chez Moz followed. “He’d bought a grand piano specifically so Vinny would play that night,” Nevin reveals. And the pair were given a full tour of the turreted mansion. “There was one room we’d not seen, but we eventually persuaded him to show us… his multi-gym!” The image of the bequiffed one working out with gladioli sticking out the back of his shorts is one which is best expunged from one’s memory. “He always was built like a brick shithouse,” Nevin reckons,”but you’d not have known at the time”.

Meanwhile, Whiteside, concerned for his teammate’s whereabouts, was spotted climbing over Morrissey’s wall. And the story doesn’t end there. “I promised I’d go for a drink with Norman after training next day, but had to see the manager and when I came out he’d gone off himself and got ratted that night.” The next Pat heard of his teammate was in the tabloids. “He was stopped on the M54 that night doing… 12 in the outside lane. So Norman lost his licence, and it’s all my fault!”
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

I am a nugget

Post #38 - 10 May 2020, 08:41

Fuck Pat Nevin the little fenian bastard.

I wrote to him 2 months ago and he hasn't replied. It was a follow up to my encounter with him on the train in 1984 after Chelsea played Villa.
phpBB [video]

I apologised for a comment I had made about Paul Canoville which nowadays could have been deemed as racist. Wee Pat was on his way home to see his mother and we sat with him until Motherwell where we disembarked.

I sent him a Clyde v Motherwell Scottish League Cup programme from 1982 when he was down as substitute and Chelsea v Derby County 1983 where he was featured on the cover. I asked him to sign the latter and even enclosed a SAE.

The little cunt has never replied. :angry:
Happy Jack
Members

Post #39 - 13 May 2020, 19:58

Morrissey is always right. Even when he is 'wrong' he is right.

Recent events have coughed up a particularly prime example of Morrissey hitting a nerve years before anybody else in the pop sphere, getting castigated for it, and being justified in saying he told us so when it became horribly relevant.

Ten years ago he described footage of the treatment of animals in Chinese markets as “absolutely horrific” and that anybody who had seen it “could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible.”

This statement was Morrissey’s reaction to the hullabaloo after an interview in The Guardian with the poet Simon Armitage in which he said, hotly, after watching animals being skinned alive: “You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” In Morrissey’s view cruel treatment of animals makes you less than human, but this wording, robbed of its context and intent, was a gift to his many enemies.

https://unherd.com/2020/05/morrissey-lu ... ern-world/

Viva Morrissey.
Happy Jack
Members

Post #40 - 14 May 2020, 17:06

Morrissey spotted buying bread in Alderley Edge,Cheshire on Tuesday. (His Mum lives there.)

I am loving those trousers! :clap: :grin:

Spotted at the same bakery a couple of years ago.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-15179712

I may go there and see if I can meet the great man and maybe even share a French Fancy with him. :snigger:
Happy Jack
Members

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test