View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Abandoned buildings / town / cities

Post #21 - 09 Jul 2020, 09:59

You'd never think that Guisborough is in Teesside, seeing this. :D

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #22 - 09 Jul 2020, 11:02

It looked like this until the local chavs vandalised it last year. :(
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #23 - 09 Jul 2020, 11:30

StuckupPercy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:02 pm wrote:Image

It looked like this until the local chavs vandalised it last year. :(

Absolute nonsense, that's Notre-Dame Basilica (French: Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal) - a basilica in the historic district of Old Montreal, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The church is located at 110 Notre-Dame Street West, at the corner of Saint Sulpice Street. It is located next to the Saint-Sulpice Seminary and faces the Place d'Armes square.

The interior of the church is amongst the most dramatic in the world and regarded as a masterpiece of Gothic Revival architecture.[1] The vaults are coloured deep blue and decorated with golden stars, and the rest of the sanctuary is decorated in blues, azures, reds, purples, silver, and gold. It is filled with hundreds of intricate wooden carvings and several religious statues. Unusual for a church, the stained glass windows along the walls of the sanctuary do not depict biblical scenes, but rather scenes from the religious history of Montreal. It also has a Casavant Frères pipe organ, dated 1891, which comprises four keyboards, 92 stops using electromagnetic action and an adjustable combination system, 7000 individual pipes and a pedal board.[2][3]

Approximately 11 million people visit Notre-Dame Basilica every year, making it one of the most visited monuments in North America.[4]

Guisborough, or rather Gisborough Priory is a ruined Augustinian priory in Guisborough in the borough of Redcar and Cleveland and ceremonial county of North Yorkshire, England. It was founded in 1119 as the Priory of St Mary by the Norman feudal magnate Robert de Brus, also an ancestor of the Scottish king, Robert the Bruce. It became one of the richest monastic foundations in England with grants from the crown and bequests from de Brus, other nobles and gentry and local people of more modest means. Much of the Romanesque Norman priory was destroyed in a fire in 1289. It was rebuilt in the Gothic style on a grander scale over the following century. Its remains are regarded as among the finest surviving examples of early Gothic architecture in England.[1]

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #24 - 21 Nov 2020, 14:29

Abandoned petrol pump

My message to The Post Office today.

Hello.
I have an unusual request. The car park beside the Maryport Post Office in Cumbria has an old decaying petrol pump in the grounds. It has obviously been there for decades and is an eyesore and taking up space.
I am a piss artist and I would like to remove it and put it on display.
I have enlisted the help of an engineer friend who can do it safely and leave you more car parking room.
Can you please give me permission to do this?
I can send you pictures of it if you wish. The removal would be beneficial to The Post Office and we would be preserving a part of Maryport history.
[/i]

Happy Jack
Members

Sweet and tender hooligan.

Post #25 - 21 Nov 2020, 16:47

Happy Jack » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:29 pm wrote:Abandoned petrol pump

Hello.
I have an unusual request. The car park beside the Maryport Post Office in Cumbria has an old decaying petrol pump in the grounds. It has obviously been there for decades and is an eyesore and taking up space.
I have enlisted the help of an engineer friend who can do it safely and leave you more car parking room.
I can send you pictures of it if you wish. The removal would be beneficial to The Post Office and we would be preserving a part of Maryport history.
[/i]

Seems like a reasonable enough request. :)
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #26 - 21 Nov 2020, 18:12

Why is it got some of reel tape thing in there? :shrug:

Dad :wanker2: said they used to have those sorts of reels in the 70s for reel to reel tape players or cine films.

Things were a bit big back then, I can do stuff like that on my phone.
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #27 - 21 Nov 2020, 18:17

routemaster » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm wrote:

Hello.
[/i]

As long as he digs up the petrol tank underneath it I can't see a problem. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #28 - 21 Nov 2020, 21:54

Greasy Roads » Today, 18:17 wrote:
routemaster » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm wrote:

Hello.
[/i]

As long as he digs up the petrol tank underneath it I can't see a problem. :)

My engineer friend, let's call him George, he is called George, has highlighted the problem already. He is reluctant to use a metal grinder on the remaining metal supports because there could be residual fuel in the pit below. To quote him from today as we surveyed the scene, "Dave, we don't want to blow up Maryport".

:wtf:
Happy Jack
Members

Sweet and tender hooligan.

Previous

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test