View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Greasy Roads' Magical Mystery Mini-Break ; Here comes the weekend

Post #21 - 09 Feb 2020, 20:57

Doesn't the 4 eyed git own a change of clothing?
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #22 - 10 Feb 2020, 06:36

Day Three

There's still a problem with the tickets I talked about so I email the suppliers again. I find a coffee at the station and then take a walk round to the London Eye thing that's at it's rear. It's right next to a high rise so it looks like they're just testing it out. I get GF Jnr up and we head for the centre again. This morning is to be spent going round the Residenz Palace which is spectacular. I have an email on the way in with a PDF of our long-awaited tickets so we make our way back to the hotel and get them printed out. A very crowded train ride sees us at the Allianz Arena to watch Bayern Munich play RB Leibzig, the top of the table clash in the Bundesliga. For a goalless draw it's a very good game. We head back into town after and grab dinner at the place next to the hotel. It's been an extremely successful day.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #23 - 11 Feb 2020, 05:41

Day Four

It's incredibly windy as I go out for a walk this morning, the storm that has been ravaging Europe seems to have hit. I get soaked as the heavens open. Back at the hotel I get dried out and we pack our things. The problems start here: we get a text to say that our plane has been cancelled and at the station no trains are running. We get a cab up to the airport and join the massive queue to the Lufthansa desk. Five hours later we get to the front. They book us onto a flight tomorrow evening and give us vouchers for a hotel and a taxi there and back. Basically we are to have another day in Munich at the airline's expense. Hurrah! I text the lady who's feeding George then we tuck in to our free dinner. We return to the room and make plans for tomorrow.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #24 - 11 Feb 2020, 11:38

Wow what an ordeal! Also, this is one big storm. A British passenger plane set the record going from New York to London the other day because of the tailwind from the storm.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

Post #25 - 12 Feb 2020, 08:23

Day Five

:(

I go downstairs and avail myself of the excellent free breakfast at the hotel. The weather's not looking too good but when GF Jnr's up there's a bit of a gap so we make our way to the local S-Bahn station and go into town. We spend a couple of hours at the transport museum and then have a wander round some parts of the centre that we haven't seen yet. The more that I see of this city the more I enjoy it. We have an early dinner at the Ratskeller, make our way back to the hotel, and order a cab to the airport. The taxi driver won't take the vouchers that Lufthansa have provided and I have all the hassle of getting a Lufthansa official to confirm they're OK. Our plane leaves on time and we touch down in Birmingham at midnight. There's a very happy tabby cat to greet us when we get back home.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #26 - 12 Feb 2020, 08:49

You're dying to have a go in that, aren't you? :grin:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #27 - 12 Feb 2020, 15:40

routemaster » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 am wrote:

You're dying to have a go in that, aren't you? :grin:

Some people are born to be bus drivers, the rest of us are just normal. :wanker:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Previous

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test