View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Coronavirus

Post #521 - 31 Jan 2021, 19:02

:grin:

I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot in 8 days
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #522 - 31 Jan 2021, 19:08

:(

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; wrote:
I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot in 8 days

That's good news, pretty quick too. I'm due my first jab anytime now, as an "at risk" person, but we must wait 12 weeks for our second dose.

Mrs RM is in for her first one tomorrow.
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #523 - 31 Jan 2021, 19:10

The Pfizer shot only has a 3 week separation - with this plague, I do what I'm told. :)
Hope you get your vaccination soon.

Good luck to Missus RM: I had no side effects except for some pain where I got jabbed.
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #524 - 31 Jan 2021, 19:15

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:10 pm wrote:The Pfizer shot only has a 3 week separation - with this plague, I do what I'm told. :)

Thanks for the good wishes. Sadly with our govt, they see fit to over-rule the scientific advice and play roulette. By giving the 2nd dose out later, they say the first will hopefully keep the virus at bay while they can give others a chance of an early jab with what's saved. How many die between doses remains to be seen. :mellow:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #525 - 31 Jan 2021, 19:20

I don't think that's what the company's study shows to be the most effect although I think some protection will be gained until the 2nd shot is administered.
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #526 - 01 Feb 2021, 16:26

My anti-plague jab will be administered on Tuesday 9th February at 9am. :banana:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #527 - 01 Feb 2021, 17:16

Same as my 2nd one - hope you don't have to wait more than 3 weeks
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #528 - 01 Feb 2021, 17:42

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:16 pm wrote:Same as my 2nd one - hope you don't have to wait more than 3 weeks

Like I said before, the second jab won't be for another 12 weeks. Not ideal but it will have to do. :mellow:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #529 - 01 Feb 2021, 18:37

Here's what worked for a family member: Show up at closing time, cash[if needed] in hand and have your paperwork from the 1st jab on you. Once the serum is out of the refrigerator and some has been withdrawn to inoculate patients, the remainder can't be used the next day. So, here you are, 3 weeks after your first shot and needing a 2nd. They may not throw away the remainder, if there is a remainder in the vial, and you get immunized. :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #530 - 01 Feb 2021, 18:56

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:37 pm wrote:Here's what worked for a family member: Show up at closing time, cash[if needed] in hand and have your paperwork from the 1st jab on you. Once the serum is out of the refrigerator and some has been withdrawn to inoculate patients, the remainder can't be used the next day. So, here you are, 3 weeks after your first shot and needing a 2nd. They may not throw away the remainder, if there is a remainder in the vial, and you get immunized. :)

I think there'd be riots over here if that happened - first of all do you have to pay for your vaccine? I would have thought everyone would get it for free, and many here would see someone paying to get end-of-day remains as queue jumping. :wtf:

Mrs RM had her first one today, btw. It all went well.
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #531 - 01 Feb 2021, 19:34

My health insurance - a combination of what I kept from my career and Medicare - is what I have.
Yes I see, don't flash the bankroll; but, you could just say "is there any that's fresh, but is going to be thrown away at the end of the day, that I could have a shot?" And show them your paperwork that shows you' ve gotten your first jab & you are high risk...That's all I am saying and it worked over here for someone who is below that age cut-off.
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #532 - 01 Feb 2021, 20:14

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:34 pm wrote:My health insurance - a combination of what I kept from my career and Medicare - is what I have.
Yes I see, don't flash the bankroll; but, you could just say "is there any that's fresh, but is going to be thrown away at the end of the day, that I could have a shot?" And show them your paperwork that shows you' ve gotten your first jab & you are high risk...That's all I am saying and it worked over here for someone who is below that age cut-off.

I'm not saying it's wrong, indeed why waste a dose? But there would be ructions over here, I'm sure of it. :lol:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #533 - 01 Feb 2021, 20:54

I can't disagree. In the USA, if you don't have insurance, you have to pay.
My main point was just to show up at the end of the work day and give your Covid shot history and ask if they were going to throw away any they couldn't use that day and if so, would someone jab me. There should not be too many non-medicos around to kick up a fuss at that time & the nurse might be happy not to waste a dose.

Very glad it went well for the Mrs. :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #534 - 03 Feb 2021, 10:25

Chavahoy
Members

Post #535 - 03 Feb 2021, 12:55

There was a scandal here when a pizza delivery guy got the shot because he delivered to a hospital where they'd run out of people to inoculate for the day.
FlowerCake
Members

My God is stronger than your god.

Post #536 - 03 Feb 2021, 13:17

Should not have caused a scandal because the serum would have been wasted otherwise. Quite a few people down here stake out immunization centers for this very reason. They are not eligible yet but the medicos don't want to waste the vaccine so the ones available get it. Makes sense to me.
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #537 - 03 Feb 2021, 13:33

Yeah, and a delivery guy seems a good subject for it, being in contact with so many people.
FlowerCake
Members

My God is stronger than your god.

Post #538 - 03 Feb 2021, 14:32

FlowerCake » 58 minutes ago wrote:Yeah, and a delivery guy seems a good subject for it, being in contact with so many people.

I agree with you there; I bet a lot of customers come to the door without a mask.
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #539 - 03 Feb 2021, 18:56

Ted Gardener II
Members

Post #540 - 05 Feb 2021, 17:01

I have had the first dose of the Astra Zenica vaccine this afternoon. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test