View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Greasy Roads' Magical Mystery Tour ; Hit The Road Jack

Post #121 - 05 Aug 2019, 16:33

Mr. Martial » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:06 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 am wrote: On the first street as we drive away there's a few Villa fans so I give them a friendly greeting of, "Fuck the Albion!"

Delightful, the Englishman abroad there. Is it any wonder I loathe my country? :(

:)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #122 - 05 Aug 2019, 16:56

Greasy Roads » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 pm wrote:
Mr. Martial » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:06 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 am wrote: On the first street as we drive away there's a few Villa fans so I give them a friendly greeting of, "Fuck the Albion!"

Delightful, the Englishman abroad there. Is it any wonder I loathe my country? :(

:)

The camera work is nothing short of fucking embarrassing.
Mr. Martial
Members

Post #123 - 05 Aug 2019, 18:09

I've really enjoyed reading these Greasy Roads, but I hope you remembered to pack away that suntan lotion that's been left on the car hood there. I'd hate you to get burned in the strong continental sun. :D
Amber
Members

Post #124 - 05 Aug 2019, 18:12

Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm wrote:

I've really enjoyed reading these Greasy Roads, but I hope you remembered to pack away that suntan lotion that's been left on the car hood there. I'd hate you to get burned in the strong continental sun. :D

I can imagine GF Jnr rubs it in vigorously all over.
Priory Jack
Members

Post #125 - 05 Aug 2019, 18:58

Priory Jack » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm wrote:
Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm wrote:

I can imagine GF Jnr rubs it in vigorously all over.

You non-denominational nonce. :radged:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #126 - 06 Aug 2019, 05:53

Day Twenty Five

Gottingen is busier this morning but in truth it's a bit shit. There are some places that we stopover that are marked down as worth a return visit but this isn't one of them. I buy a couple of sandwiches for breakfast and then rob myself a cup of coffee from the breakfast room and take it upstairs. It's rained sometime in the night but it seems to be brightening up and we get underway with the roof down. It's a brilliant drive West through narrow roads in the forests, although we eventually get on the motorway when we hit the Cologne conurbation. Our destination is Dusseldorf and we find our hotel with no bother. I grease the car's front suspension for the last time. Dinner is really weird: the restaurant we have chosen is a glass-partitioned corner of a supermarket basement and its kitchen is another glass sub-partition of that. The food is some sort of Asian fusion. I have to say I enjoyed the experience more than the food. More countries tomorrow.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #127 - 06 Aug 2019, 18:05

Greasy Roads » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:53 am wrote: I buy a couple of sandwiches for breakfast and then rob myself a cup of coffee from the breakfast room and take it upstairs.

I've been to many hotels across the world, and I always insist on breakfast being included in the tariff, preferably bought to my room on a tray with a newspaper. I could never resort to buying sandwiches off site and stealing coffee like a common n'er do well. :wtf:
Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #128 - 06 Aug 2019, 18:54

I find disagreement disagreeable but I think GR's actions were well thought out and properly executed. It's well to remember that GR is to be lauded by driving a car that sheds parts like an old dog sheds hair through countries that think English means spin on a billiard ball if they think of English at all.
Other than the above: :)
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light...

Post #129 - 06 Aug 2019, 19:50

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 pm wrote:It's well to remember that GR is to be lauded by driving a car that sheds parts like an old dog sheds hair

Lauded? :D He should be bloody prosecuted, and that contraption should be removed from the public highways and put in the crusher. :grrr:
Treekut
Members

Post #130 - 06 Aug 2019, 20:27

Treekut » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 pm wrote:It's well to remember that GR is to be lauded by driving a car that sheds parts like an old dog sheds hair

Lauded? :D He should be bloody prosecuted, and that contraption should be removed from the public highways and put in the crusher. :grrr:

:clap: :clap:
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #131 - 06 Aug 2019, 21:42

Disagree.
GR is displaying grit, determination, patience, ability to overcome adversity and ability to deal with auto mechanics throughout EuroLand. While some may question his judgment in choosing a vacation, the first sentence stands in my view.
And, it's up to GR to determine when to have the Morgan crushed.

Honest question: Is there enough metal in a Morgan for the giant electro-magnets of junk yards to lift it?
Members

Post #132 - 06 Aug 2019, 21:53

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 pm wrote:Disagree.
GR is displaying grit, determination, patience, ability to overcome adversity and ability to deal with auto mechanics throughout EuroLand. While some may question his judgment in choosing a vacation, the first sentence stands in my view.
And, it's up to GR to determine when to have the Morgan crushed.

Honest question: Is there enough metal in a Morgan for the giant electro-magnets of junk yards to lift it?

phpBB [video]

It's mostly wood and aluminium so maybe not. :shrug:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #133 - 06 Aug 2019, 21:59

On the bright side, they do burn well. :)

routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #134 - 06 Aug 2019, 22:01

:grin: That's what I thought. There was a Morgan club that came each year to the area where I worked & I got to talk to the owners and learned a little about the car which is an impressive machine. I even was given a short ride in one which was great.

This reply is to GR
Members

Post #135 - 06 Aug 2019, 22:24

routemaster » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:59 pm wrote:On the bright side, they do burn well. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I must remember to carry around a box of matches with me in case I stumble upon one when walking in the street.
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #136 - 06 Aug 2019, 22:28

Why are Stormtroopers driving those Morgans? :wtf:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #137 - 06 Aug 2019, 22:31

Sonofsmegma » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 pm wrote:Why are Stormtroopers driving those Morgans? :wtf:

It's Luther Blissett you thick cunt. :wanker:

phpBB [video]
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #138 - 07 Aug 2019, 05:31

Day Twenty Six

I actually manage to get GF Jnr up at a reasonable hour so I pay the hotel and we hit the road. There's really no choice about motorways today as we have to clear the Cologne conurbation and traverse Holland for 20 kilometres or so which has no back roads to speak of. We arrive in Brussels at lunchtime and check into the hotel. We only have the afternoon here so we make the most of it by having a whistle-stop sightseeing tour. We see: a church, The Magritte Museum, The Great Market Place, The Boy having a piss statue, and the cathedral. Later we choose a restaurant but as with so many of the past few nights they're on holiday. Never mind, the one we settle upon is really excellent. North west tomorrow.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #139 - 07 Aug 2019, 13:01

I can't help but notice your license plate - EWE- do you raise sheep? Do UK license plates hint at the owner's occupation or can one pay extra for a vanity plate?
Members

Post #140 - 07 Aug 2019, 14:50

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:01 pm wrote:I can't help but notice your license plate - EWE- do you raise sheep? Do UK license plates hint at the owner's occupation or can one pay extra for a vanity plate?

I think 902EWE is meant to look like go2ewe, a dubious fixation usually reserved for the Welsh. :wtf:
routemaster
On The Buses

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test