View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Greasy Roads' Magical Mystery Tour ; Hit The Road Jack

Post #101 - 01 Aug 2019, 10:48

Worse than that: It's deja vu all over again :D
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light...

Post #102 - 01 Aug 2019, 10:54

I've heard rumour that an alternator for a 1972 Morgan is virtually impossible to locate in the Czech Republic. :wtf:

On the bright side, Greasy Roads has purchased a new car, it just means GF Jnr will have to make his own way home. :)

Treekut
Members

Post #103 - 02 Aug 2019, 04:30

Day Twenty One

I'm up early and just before nine the breakdown people text me to say they'll be arriving soon and to give me the address where they're taking it. I look the address up and it's the Morgan dealer whose place we visited a few years ago. He's not there when we arrive with the car but I speak to him on the phone and he says he'll be back in an hour to look at it. The breakdown driver has another job to go to so he drops me off at a bus stop in a village in what looks like the middle of nowhere. Luckily the next bus is going to Prague: the driver is talking on his mobile phone as the bus pulls up and all the time he's taking my money; no wonder there are so many crashes. I negotiate the Prague public transport system and make my way back to the hotel where GF Jnr has enjoyed a lie-in. We talk a long walk around the city taking in The Charles Bridge, The Old Town Square, The Powder Tower, and Wenceslas Square. Back at the hotel I phone Jan the Morgan guy up, and he says he's taking the alternator to his electrics bloke. We go out again and have a walk up to the castle. Dinner is in a large basement and is wonderful. When we get back Jan has rung. I call him back and the car is ready. He will pick me up in the morning. Oh joy.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #104 - 02 Aug 2019, 21:39

Is this the 3rd or 4th time we've witnessed this scenario? I'm beginning to lose track, truth be told. :grin:
Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #105 - 02 Aug 2019, 21:48

Greasy Roads » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:30 am wrote: I look the address up and it's the Morgan dealer whose place we visited a few years ago.

Fucks sake he's got an account with them. :laugh:
Bombastard
Members

Post #106 - 02 Aug 2019, 21:50

Bombastard » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:30 am wrote: I look the address up and it's the Morgan dealer whose place we visited a few years ago.

Fucks sake he's got an account with them. :laugh:

:grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #107 - 03 Aug 2019, 05:23

Day Twenty Two

I'm up fairly early and walk out to get breakfast. The Morgan guy texts me to say he'll be at the hotel at 10.15. A couple of cups of coffee later he arrives with the car. What a relief. We pack our stuff into it and hit the road towards the castle over the cobbles. We're soon out of town on the motorway heading North-West. I fill the car up before we get to the German border as it's going to be back to reality with fuel prices from now on. Everyting goes smoothly and we're at our destination Leipzig by mid-afternoon. We park up at the hotel, grab a shower, then meet one of our Villa away day mates in the lobby. We go for a couple of beers in the Ratskeller and then eat later in a converted railway station: the surroundings are great but the food's pretty average. It's back to the hotel for cocktails, or mocktails in my case, before retiring. Big day tomorrow.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #108 - 03 Aug 2019, 14:08

Leipzig eh? To watch the Villa game? That must have come as a complete surprise to everyone. :D

Mystery tour my arse. :laugh:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #109 - 03 Aug 2019, 16:13

routemaster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:Leipzig eh? To watch the Villa game? That must have come as a complete surprise to everyone. :D

If you're so fucking psychic where are we off to next? :huh:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #110 - 03 Aug 2019, 16:21

Please don't take this the wrong way but considering how the Morgan is faring, I am going to guess that you and your two suitcases of despair will make it to Taucha before "she gives out agin." :(
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light...

Post #111 - 03 Aug 2019, 21:01

Greasy Roads » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:13 pm wrote:
routemaster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:Leipzig eh? To watch the Villa game? That must have come as a complete surprise to everyone. :D

If you're so fucking psychic where are we off to next? :huh:

The Irish bar. GF Jnr will have a Guinness while you nurse your mocktail. :)

I also predict that Villa will win 3-1 and you will be fucking unbearable for the rest of the trip. :(
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #112 - 04 Aug 2019, 05:48

Day Twenty Three

I leave GF Jnr in bed and walk up to the station to suss out the trams as it's Villa playing Red Bull Leipzig today and the stadium is out of town. Having done that I get some breakfast and go and get GF Jnr up. We have some time to kill so we take a walk down to the botanical gardens. On the way back we duck into a cafe just before the heavens open. The centre of town is now increasingly full of Villa shirts. We take the tram down to the Red Bull Arena and walk up the away area of the ground exchanging pleasantries with their fans who are great. About 600 of us watch Villa beat Champions' League team Leipzig 3-1 very convincingly, finishing off with a peach of a John McGinn goal. Joy is unconfined. Having got back to town we briefly return to the hotel to change out of our Villa shirts and then walk to a nearby restaurant where we have a decent meal. We retire back to the hotel where GF Jnr has a cocktail. We're on the road tomorrow.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #113 - 04 Aug 2019, 08:41

Greasy Roads » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 am wrote:Day Twenty Three

About 600 watch Villa beat Champions' League team Leipzig 3-1 very convincingly,

This will be both Villa and Leipzig fans combined judging by the photo. :wanker:
Phil-ah
Members

Post #114 - 04 Aug 2019, 09:06

Phil-ah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:41 am wrote:
Greasy Roads » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 am wrote:Day Twenty Three

About 600 watch Villa beat Champions' League team Leipzig 3-1 very convincingly,

This will be both Villa and Leipzig fans combined judging by the photo. :wanker:

I make it 734, so your estimations (which I do not care for) are woefully inaccurate.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #115 - 04 Aug 2019, 21:42

Greasy Roads » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:48 am wrote: We're on the road tomorrow.

Oh fuck, he's heading back this way. :wtf:
Treekut
Members

Post #116 - 04 Aug 2019, 21:49

Treekut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:42 pm wrote:

I'm sure I saw his car parked near the Strijen wind farm, the kut will be here anytime. :D

I'm off to work a shift in Amsterdam. :wtf:
CrossdressedHector
Members

Post #117 - 05 Aug 2019, 06:17

Day Twenty Four

We're on the road today. I collect breakfast, have a look in the Nikolaikirche, and come back to the hotel to get GF Jnr up. We back and go downstairs to say goodbye to our Villa away day friend. On the first street as we drive away there's a few Villa fans so I give them a friendly greeting of, "Fuck the Albion!" It's a lovely day and very pleasant indeed driving through Lower Saxony countryside. It's not too far today and we arrive in Gottingen mid-afternoon and park up in the hotel. I check the car over before showering but everything's OK. The town is pretty but absolutely quiet as the grave, all of the shops and half the restaurants are shut for Sunday. You can see the main sights in half an hour. We settle on a ribs/burger place for later and it's dreadful, we really need to get the restaurants back on track. Later we watch the Wizard of Lies, the biopic about Bernie Madoff. I sleep through most of it.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #118 - 05 Aug 2019, 09:13

Greasy Roads » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 am wrote: The town is pretty but absolutely quiet as the grave, all of the shops and half the restaurants are shut for Sunday

This is not the first time this holiday you've been greeted with a mass desertion, do you think the locals are trying to tell you something? :grin:

I've visited Gottingen - The Old Botanical Garden has a collection of medicinal plants and an arboretum, and the locals were thrilled with my knowledge of all things flora. I ate at the very fine Madras Vanakam restaurant where they served me a delicious calf-head and sauerkraut naga. :wub:
Jim Skidder
Members

Proud to be a plant wrangler from Texas. :)

Post #119 - 05 Aug 2019, 09:40

CrossdressedHector » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:49 pm wrote:
Treekut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:42 pm wrote:

I'm sure I saw his car parked near the Strijen wind farm, the kut will be here anytime. :D

Does this look like a red Morgan, you thick kut? :wanker:
Treekut
Members

Post #120 - 05 Aug 2019, 13:06

Greasy Roads » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 am wrote: On the first street as we drive away there's a few Villa fans so I give them a friendly greeting of, "Fuck the Albion!"

Delightful, the Englishman abroad there. Is it any wonder I loathe my country? :(
Mr. Martial
Members

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test