View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Johnny Dowd

Post #1 - 12 Apr 2019, 09:07

Saw JD for the first time at the Thunderbolt in Bristol last night. Kicked off with Who do you love which morphed into Hey Bo Diddley. There were some right dodgy looking cunts there but it was great fun and looking forward to the next time!
Bombastard
Members

Post #2 - 12 Apr 2019, 09:10

I was there you cunt. Anyone with an ounce of sense from up North will go and see him at Sheffield on Monday as he's proper good. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #3 - 12 Apr 2019, 22:00

I did a stupid thing last night. I listened to a Johnny Dowd track on Youtube expecting him to be some C&W warbler and thus crap, but despite the C&W leanings, the weird experimentalist bits were most enjoyable. I really don't want to go through collecting an entire career's worth of work, but is there a decent compilation of his I should look out for? :mellow:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #4 - 13 Apr 2019, 05:52

routemaster ยป Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 pm wrote:I did a stupid thing last night. I listened to a Johnny Dowd track on Youtube expecting him to be some C&W warbler and thus crap, but despite the C&W leanings, the weird experimentalist bits were most enjoyable. I really don't want to go through collecting an entire career's worth of work, but is there a decent compilation of his I should look out for? :mellow:

I don't think there is and there's shedloads of it, all on CD unfortunately. I think I might treat him like the Sadies who I love live but never buy their recorded stuff. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Return to General Chat