View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 National Identity ; How strong is yours?

Post #1 - 14 Jun 2018, 06:28

I was talking with a colleague from South Wales last night whose sense of Welshness is so strong that when he watches One Man And His Dog he wants the sheep to win. Another colleague, however, was born in Iceland, lived in Germany as a child, and then basically failed in life and had to come to Wales to work. As a woman though, she's not really interested in sport so doesn't care who wins or loses. What do you think? :wtf:
Steve70nearly
Members

Post #2 - 14 Jun 2018, 06:31

I hate the fucking Welsh so I want them to lose at everything. And the Germans. :grrr:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #3 - 14 Jun 2018, 06:32

I hate fucking protestants. :grrr:
Gruff
Members

Post #4 - 14 Jun 2018, 06:33

I hate snowflakes, particularly foreign ones. :angry:
Dr Ron Jock
Members

Making America great again.

Post #5 - 14 Jun 2018, 07:47

I'm from the East Midlands originally so hate fucking Villa fans :grrr:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #6 - 14 Jun 2018, 07:51

Gruff, Jun 14 2018, 06:32:33 AM wrote:I hate fucking protestants. :grrr:
I love fucking Catholics, if you get my drift.
Priory Jack
Members

Post #7 - 18 Jun 2018, 13:23

I'm a mongrel, and know my place.
Starsky-Jalfrezi
Members

Post #8 - 22 Jun 2018, 07:23

Being an international anarchist I obviously have no sense of national identity but I felt a strange sense of satisfaction seeing those greasy Argentinian dagos get stuffed last night. :devil:
T. Totale
Hates Tory Scum

Post #9 - 22 Jun 2018, 09:19

I'm an Englishman from the correct side of the Pennines but my loyalties are Spanish as I hate my fucking country.

None of this Spanish admiration deflects from the fact I was brimming with joy seeing those Argentinian cunts get shafted last night. :devil:
Mr. Martial
Members

Post #10 - 22 Jun 2018, 10:05

I'm becoming a little concerned at the amount of racist overtones that seem to be creeping into my forum. So far today I've seen various jibes in various threads aimed at the Argentinians and it doesn't make for pleasant reading.

However I understand that they, the cheating Argentinian scum, got a good hiding at a football match yesterday. I don't care for football at all, in fact I wish I could delete the football thread, but I do concur with our posters feelings here so will ignore any racist slurs aimed at the mucky Malvenas robbing bastards.

I'm from Sheffield, there's too many foreigners here too.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #11 - 11 Aug 2019, 22:42

I''m one of those who is classed as "overseas Irish" but since I didn't know this til 10 years ago when my sister and first cousin spent the time and money researching it, I won't be applying for citizenship.
On my father's side, since ancestors landed in the only RC colony in 1654, only three non-Irish surnames have married in...my sister has even - so far - married two Irish cops!
My mother's side started coming over in the 1840s.
So I guess my answer is not too strong but it's interesting to learn where my transparent skin and green eyes came from...also why I have had over 100 "pre-cancers" taken off my face with liquid nitrogen. (I think the dermatologist has found using the term pre-cancer" keeps me and others coming back 2ce a year.)
But then our daughter has lighter skin then I do and she's 25% American Indian. Genetics - sheesh. When she went to Ireland, she was paler than 75% of the natives there.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

Post #12 - 12 Aug 2019, 06:23

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ ยป Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:42 pm wrote:...my sister has even - so far - married two Irish cops!

So polygamy is legal where you live? :wtf:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #13 - 12 Aug 2019, 10:28

Serial marriages, interrupted by divorce.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test