View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Viz Comic ; Not as funny as it used to be

Post #1601 - 26 Dec 2020, 07:56

Image
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1602 - 27 Dec 2020, 07:06

Image
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1603 - 27 Dec 2020, 10:17



Routemaster's :wanker: relatives should've thrown him out in the cold as he was so ungrateful for their company this Christmas. :radged:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Trying to keep away from dad, because he's a cunt.
Will the real God please stand up?

Post #1604 - 28 Dec 2020, 07:11

Image
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1605 - 29 Dec 2020, 07:09

Image
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1606 - 30 Dec 2020, 07:06

Image
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1607 - 31 Dec 2020, 07:05

Image

Another cunt driving a bus. :grrr:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 5819
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Leafy Worcestershire, hub of the universe
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #1608 - 31 Dec 2020, 10:41

Greasy Roads » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:05 am wrote:Image

Another cunt driving a bus. :grrr:

That's not a bus, it's a fucking van with windows. :grrr:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 340631
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: North Yorkshire on t'moors
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1609 - 31 Dec 2020, 10:56

Even before I saw the title - saw the pics first - I thought that looks suspiciously like a bus to me :grrr: :wanker:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Trying to keep away from dad, because he's a cunt.
Will the real God please stand up?

Post #1610 - 31 Dec 2020, 11:55

Sonofsmegma » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:56 am wrote:Even before I saw the title - saw the pics first - I thought that looks suspiciously like a bus to me :grrr: :wanker:

You really are an intellectual n'er do well, aren't you? Routemaster is quite right, these vehicles are simply vans with windows and seats, as can be seen from this photo I took in the tiny Welsh village of Llanthyckfwch where my Da lives. :heart:

Image

Note "Bws y Post" which is the Welsh translation of "Post Bus". :grin:
User avatar
Slushy
Members
 
Posts: 588
Joined: 5th Jan 2018
Location: Lidyard Hall
Image

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #1611 - 31 Dec 2020, 12:33

This book is worth a read when investigating the history of the postbus. As can be seen, most were based on the Leyland Sherpa which later became the LDV - Leyland Daf VAN - so as has been noted, routemaster is quite correct in his statement.

Image


See also this publication...

Image

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #1612 - 31 Dec 2020, 12:41

dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm wrote:This book is worth a read when investigating the history of the postbus. As can be seen, most were based on the Leyland Sherpa which later became the LDV - Leyland Daf VAN - so as has been noted, routemaster is quite correct in his statement.

Image


See also this publication...

Image

Dan


So they *are* buses - by your own admission, right? :wanker:

It says three times in your post, in your typed text and on both pictures, which proves the point that GR and I made. :grrr:

And proves Routemaster is a stupid lying cunt too. :grrr: :radged:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Trying to keep away from dad, because he's a cunt.
Will the real God please stand up?

Post #1613 - 31 Dec 2020, 13:39

Sonofsmegma » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm wrote:This book is worth a read when investigating the history of the postbus. As can be seen, most were based on the Leyland Sherpa which later became the LDV - Leyland Daf VAN - so as has been noted, routemaster is quite correct in his statement.

Image


See also this publication...

Image

Dan


So they *are* buses - by your own admission, right? :wanker:

It says three times in your post, in your typed text and on both pictures, which proves the point that GR and I made. :grrr:

And proves Routemaster is a stupid lying cunt too. :grrr: :radged:

Are they called Leyland Daf Buses? No, they are called Leyland Daf Vans, vans with added windows and seats.

Sonofsmegma warned for contradicting me and abusing other members.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #1614 - 31 Dec 2020, 13:59

I would use the older term - jitney - for a fee-charging vehicle like the one under discussion. :)
User avatar
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher
 
Posts: 9658
Joined: 28th Jul 2019
Location: Way back in the hills
The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #1615 - 31 Dec 2020, 14:22

dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:39 pm wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm wrote:This book is worth a read when investigating the history of the postbus. As can be seen, most were based on the Leyland Sherpa which later became the LDV - Leyland Daf VAN - so as has been noted, routemaster is quite correct in his statement.

Image


See also this publication...

Image

Dan


So they *are* buses - by your own admission, right? :wanker:

It says three times in your post, in your typed text and on both pictures, which proves the point that GR and I made. :grrr:

And proves Routemaster is a stupid lying cunt too. :grrr: :radged:

Are they called Leyland Daf Buses? No, they are called Leyland Daf Vans, vans with added windows and seats.

Sonofsmegma warned for contradicting me and abusing other members.

Dan


in your history of the 'postbus' which you declared *you* read, and with pictures of erm, a post*bus* on each cover.

I hope you make things as clear to the public in your fucking library!! They'll never be confused then, will they? :wanker:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Trying to keep away from dad, because he's a cunt.
Will the real God please stand up?

Post #1616 - 31 Dec 2020, 15:32

Sonofsmegma » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:22 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:39 pm wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm wrote:This book is worth a read when investigating the history of the postbus. As can be seen, most were based on the Leyland Sherpa which later became the LDV - Leyland Daf VAN - so as has been noted, routemaster is quite correct in his statement.

Image


See also this publication...

Image

Dan


So they *are* buses - by your own admission, right? :wanker:

It says three times in your post, in your typed text and on both pictures, which proves the point that GR and I made. :grrr:

And proves Routemaster is a stupid lying cunt too. :grrr: :radged:

Are they called Leyland Daf Buses? No, they are called Leyland Daf Vans, vans with added windows and seats.

Sonofsmegma warned for contradicting me and abusing other members.

Dan


in your history of the 'postbus' which you declared *you* read, and with pictures of erm, a post*bus* on each cover.

I hope you make things as clear to the public in your fucking library!! They'll never be confused then, will they? :wanker:

I really don't have time for this. They're called Postbuses there's no dispute, but they are merely converted vans. I can't spell it out any clearer.

Sonofsmegma warned for rambling on incessantly.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #1617 - 31 Dec 2020, 18:14

"Jitney" because this term has nothing to do with the mail and still is a fairly small for-fee means of transportation.
User avatar
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher
 
Posts: 9658
Joined: 28th Jul 2019
Location: Way back in the hills
The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #1618 - 31 Dec 2020, 18:18

Rickshaw is probably closer to being the right word.

As they - Routemaster's 'vans' - are a form of bus, they will certainly be rickety, already, anyway.
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Trying to keep away from dad, because he's a cunt.
Will the real God please stand up?

Post #1619 - 31 Dec 2020, 18:51

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm wrote:"Jitney" because this term has nothing to do with the mail and still is a fairly small for-fee means of transportation.

Not heard of those. :)

The postbus is used in this country to serve remote rural villages that cannot get a normal bus service. The driver will double up as postman/woman and deliver mail in those areas too.
It might be quite a pleasant job, though less so at this time of year. :thinking:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 340631
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: North Yorkshire on t'moors
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #1620 - 31 Dec 2020, 20:21

I am quite sure 'postbus' is not in common usage here.
Jitney has fallen from favor too except for a place like Atlantic City.
Jitney does mean, though, a van sized vehicle, that charges a fee for a definite route. It has nothing to do with mail delivery most of which is a government service.
User avatar
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher
 
Posts: 9658
Joined: 28th Jul 2019
Location: Way back in the hills
The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test