View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Ridiculous pop news thread ; All that's fit to print

Post #161 - 18 Feb 2021, 09:41

1980s music can help beat stress

Listening to music from the 1980s is effective in helping people to beat stress, a new study has found.

A study from the Turkish-based Vera Clinic asked more than 1,000 volunteers to listen to a number of Spotify playlists - including tracks from the 1960s, 1970s and 1990s - to see how it affected their blood pressure.The findings revealed that those who listened to artists such as Wham! and The Pet Shop Boys became calmer with 96 per cent reporting a decrease in blood pressure.

The Vera Clinic's Dr. Omer Alvanmis believes the feelings of "positive nostalgia" associated with 80s records help to ease stress. He said: "The results may seem surprising on first inspection — but medically they make a lot of sense. 1980s pop hits could have positive nostalgia attached to them for many people, and their upbeat, party-like sounds can induce the release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain, both increasing feelings of happiness and calm."

Really? I saw some of that 80s stuff on youtube, and repeat listenings of 'Wake me up before you go-go' and 'Domino Dancing' would make me insane! :grrr: :radged:

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/bizarre/1 ... 82443.html
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Previous

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test