View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 The Cricket Thread ; Over! Over!

Post #41 - 16 Jul 2019, 19:35

Greasy Roads » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm wrote:Fairly even sounding game at the Cheltenham Festival between Gloucestershire and Leicestershire. Let's hope Glos.prevail. :)

See following all the fuss, I actually had a look at the score here earlier. Leicester were all out for 252 while Gloucester were 221-3 I think, so I assumed they were doing well. At close it's 275-6, with 4 wickets remaining, so I assume Gloucester won, but there are two more days to play? I honestly have no idea about cricket. What does it mean by 4 wickets remaining for a start? If they play another full match, do the scores get added up as a total or is it just how many matches you've won? Oh and why do they rub their balls? :shrug:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #42 - 16 Jul 2019, 22:07

routemaster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm wrote:Fairly even sounding game at the Cheltenham Festival between Gloucestershire and Leicestershire. Let's hope Glos.prevail. :)

See following all the fuss, I actually had a look at the score here earlier. Leicester were all out for 252 while Gloucester were 221-3 I think, so I assumed they were doing well. At close it's 275-6, with 4 wickets remaining, so I assume Gloucester won, but there are two more days to play? I honestly have no idea about cricket. What does it mean by 4 wickets remaining for a start? If they play another full match, do the scores get added up as a total or is it just how many matches you've won? Oh and why do they rub their balls? :shrug:

Peter de Meteor will explain. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #43 - 16 Jul 2019, 22:16

Greasy Roads » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm wrote:

:mellow:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #44 - 17 Jul 2019, 09:08

See following all the fuss, I actually had a look at the score here earlier. Leicester were all out for 252 while Gloucester were 221-3 I think, so I assumed they were doing well. At close it's 275-6, with 4 wickets remaining, so I assume Gloucester won, but there are two more days to play? I honestly have no idea about cricket. What does it mean by 4 wickets remaining for a start? If they play another full match, do the scores get added up as a total or is it just how many matches you've won? Oh and why do they rub their balls?

Greasy Roads wrote:

There are different forms of cricket; this is a County Championship match which can last 4 days with each side playing 2 innings.

They seem to think the ball-rubbing improves their bowling.
Peter de Meteor
Members

Post #45 - 17 Jul 2019, 10:31

Peter de Meteor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 am wrote:
See following all the fuss, I actually had a look at the score here earlier. Leicester were all out for 252 while Gloucester were 221-3 I think, so I assumed they were doing well. At close it's 275-6, with 4 wickets remaining, so I assume Gloucester won, but there are two more days to play? I honestly have no idea about cricket. What does it mean by 4 wickets remaining for a start? If they play another full match, do the scores get added up as a total or is it just how many matches you've won? Oh and why do they rub their balls?

Greasy Roads wrote:

There are different forms of cricket; this is a County Championship match which can last 4 days with each side playing 2 innings.

Thank you for that. I'm sure Greasy Roads could have explained it but he's a bone idle fucker. :wtf:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #46 - 17 Jul 2019, 18:27

routemaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:31 am wrote:
Peter de Meteor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 am wrote:

Greasy Roads wrote:

Thank you for that. I'm sure Greasy Roads could have explained it but he's a bone idle fucker. :wtf:

Fuck you. :wanker:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #47 - 17 Jul 2019, 19:30

:(

The Gloucester team finished 504-9 dec , there's another thing I don't understand - "dec". Meanwhile the Leicester team managed 78-2 before bad light/club house bar opened (delete as applicable). We are 174 behind with 8 wickets remaining, so we have a chance of clinching this? :)

I'd ask Peter de Meteor but he's fucked off to see k.d.lang. :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #48 - 17 Jul 2019, 19:38

routemaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm wrote:

The Gloucester team finished 504-9 dec , there's another thing I don't understand - "dec". Meanwhile the Leicester team managed 78-2 before bad light/club house bar opened (delete as applicable). We are 174 behind with 8 wickets remaining, so we have a chance of clinching this? :)

They thought they had enough on the board to beat you cunts so they declared the innings closed, hence "dec". :huh:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #49 - 17 Jul 2019, 19:47

Greasy Roads » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 pm wrote:

They thought they had enough on the board to beat you cunts so they declared the innings closed, hence "dec". :huh:

I see. A bit smug and presumptuous then because 174 must be easily attainable with 8 wickets remaining. It's jolly exciting isn't it? :)
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #50 - 18 Jul 2019, 06:13

routemaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm wrote:

I see. A bit smug and presumptuous then because 174 must be easily attainable with 8 wickets remaining. It's jolly exciting isn't it? :)

It's always exciting seeing a Leicester team getting dicked. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #51 - 18 Jul 2019, 09:14

routemaster » Yesterday, 19:47 wrote:

By declaring we denied Leics. a 3rd bowling point.

Even if Leics. were to attain 174 Gloucs. would have their 2nd innings still to play.
Peter de Meteor
Members

Post #52 - 18 Jul 2019, 09:30

Peter de Meteor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 am wrote:

Even if Leics. were to attain 174 Gloucs. would have their 2nd innings still to play.

Oh this is ridiculous, I thought Gloucester had their second innings yesterday. The cheating cunts. :grrr:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #53 - 18 Jul 2019, 19:23

routemaster » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:30 am wrote:

Oh this is ridiculous, I thought Gloucester had their second innings yesterday. The cheating cunts. :grrr:

I see Leicestershire collapsed from 213-4 to 299 all out and lost by 6 wickets. The sad fucks. :wanker:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #54 - 18 Jul 2019, 19:58

Greasy Roads » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm wrote:

I see Leicestershire collapsed from 213-4 to 299 all out and lost by 6 wickets. The sad fucks. :wanker:

It's a stupid fucking game anyway, I shan't bother with it again. :radged:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #55 - 19 Jul 2019, 05:33

routemaster » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm wrote:

It's a stupid fucking game anyway, I shan't bother with it again. :radged:

I'll let you know how bottom of the table Leicestershire get on. :grin:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #56 - 19 Jul 2019, 09:08

An exhilarating conclusion to the match - won with a six off the 3rd ball of the final over!

Unfortunately it looks as though today's T20 match vs. Glamorgan will fall victim to the weather.

Next up then - another C.C. match against The Pears (Worcs.) starting on Sunday.

Shame G.R. can't make it.
Peter de Meteor
Members

Post #57 - 19 Jul 2019, 14:30

Peter de Meteor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am wrote:

That's what his ex-wife used to complain about. :laugh:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #58 - 19 Jul 2019, 16:24

StuckupPercy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm wrote:
Peter de Meteor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am wrote:

That's what his ex-wife used to complain about. :laugh:

:grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #59 - 23 Jul 2019, 09:10

It's the 3rd day of the Gloucs. vs. Worcs. C.C. match at The Cheltenham Cricket Festival and everything's pretty much 'even-stevens'.

I'm wearing my Brian Jonestown Massacre t-shirt 'coz Brian Jones was from Cheltenham and I'm hoping Gloucs. will massacre Worcs.
Peter de Meteor
Members

Post #60 - 23 Jul 2019, 17:07

Peter de Meteor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:10 am wrote:It's the 3rd day of the Gloucs. vs. Worcs. C.C. match at The Cheltenham Cricket Festival and everything's pretty much 'even-stevens'.

I'm wearing my Brian Jonestown Massacre t-shirt 'coz Brian Jones was from Cheltenham and I'm hoping Gloucs. will massacre Worcs.

I'm sorry to be missing this. I hope you can make the reverse fixture at New Road in September.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test