View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 What are you listening to? ; Any format

Post #141 - 28 Mar 2020, 23:31

Image Dead C - Harsh 70s Reality

'He was contrived like that' Image
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #142 - 29 Mar 2020, 00:02

Shombalor - Sheriff and The Revels

It's only playing in my head and it won't stop. "Go left right, left right..."
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

Post #143 - 01 Apr 2020, 00:39

Image Image Image

Afraid i'm becoming more contrived by the day... :(
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #144 - 01 Apr 2020, 07:21

Völlïg Scrötäl » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 am wrote:Afraid i'm becoming more contrived by the day... :(

Becoming more of a cunt by the day... :(
Woppo
Members

Post #145 - 01 Apr 2020, 22:26

Woppo » Today, 06:21 wrote:
Völlïg Scrötäl » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 am wrote:Afraid i'm becoming more contrived by the day... :(

Don't make a career out of it, Guappo. :mellow:

Peroni = Per Noi :drink: :banana2:
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #146 - 01 Apr 2020, 23:12

Passed out on the couch after 'dinner' this evening, except i hadnea't a proper dinner, crisps only. :grrr:

Also, the 'X' hav a 'Passed out on the Couch' song, but it is not on this particular record.

Add insult to injury, i live in the old world. :bang:
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #147 - 01 Apr 2020, 23:13

-
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #148 - 03 Apr 2020, 01:50

Woppo » 01 Apr 2020, 06:21 wrote:

You are beautiful, Guappo. :wub:

Checcazzo ti dice il cervello?! Non ascoltarlololo. :grrr:

Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #149 - 03 Apr 2020, 14:25

I've always liked Joe Venuti and Eddie Lang (Salvatore Masseo) and both were influential jazzers. Joe was the jazz violinist of his time and Eddie Lang was the man who chased the banjo out of jazz with his driving rhythms and extended chords. On some of their sessions they added Frank Signorelli on piano and Adrian Rollini on bass saxophone.
Anyway, Rollini was in several bands starting in the early 1920s and they all played jazz that you could dance to - the Charleston beat and variations were common - and popular. Even though the recordings are over 90 years old, it doesn't sound dated and is very happy music. It's near impossible to be depressed while listening to the University Six for example. Rollini invented the Hot Fountain Pen, which was like a miniature clarinet, and mastered the Goofus which is like a melodica shaped like an alto sax and sounds like a wheezy accordian.
On bass sax, Rollini alternates between soloing and playing the instrument like a tuba to get bass runs and fills.

(Venuti and Lang came before Django and Grapelli and were an influence on them.)

Happy music, good musicians, and I had not heard it before and am a fan.

The Goofus?? :D
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #150 - 03 Apr 2020, 20:06

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Today, 13:25 wrote:I've always liked Joe Venuti and Eddie Lang (Salvatore Masseo) and both were influential jazzers. Joe was the jazz violinist of his time and Eddie Lang was the man who chased the banjo out of jazz with his driving rhythms and extended chords. On some of their sessions they added Frank Signorelli on piano and Adrian Rollini on bass saxophone.
Anyway, Rollini was in several bands starting in the early 1920s and they all played jazz that you could dance to - the Charleston beat and variations were common - and popular. Even though the recordings are over 90 years old, it doesn't sound dated and is very happy music. It's near impossible to be depressed while listening to the University Six for example. Rollini invented the Hot Fountain Pen, which was like a miniature clarinet, and mastered the Goofus which is like a melodica shaped like an alto sax and sounds like a wheezy accordian.
On bass sax, Rollini alternates between soloing and playing the instrument like a tuba to get bass runs and fills.

(Venuti and Lang came before Django and Grapelli and were an influence on them.)

Happy music, good musicians, and I had not heard it before and am a fan.

The Goofus?? :D

Post is much too long, Father, won't even try to read it, in my actual disgraceful condition. Image

I once read Frank Zappa said the Shaggs were better than Captain Beefheart. He might even have been right, happenchance, but what do Wops know?

If it was in my powers, i'd revoke his idiot son Sicilian citizenship :huh:
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #151 - 03 Apr 2020, 21:59

That's right - make FZ use the Greek half of his heritage only.

In my house, no one tops Captain Beefheart except maybe Thelonious Monk; but, since they plied different waters, it's a decision that doesn't have to be made :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #152 - 12 Apr 2020, 22:46

A lot of music, too much, possibly...

This one is on heavy rotation -

Image :wub:
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #153 - 20 Apr 2020, 22:22

Much enjoying the new Orb album, especially the limited edition Dub version only available from their website. Image

phpBB [video]
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #154 - 10 May 2020, 13:15

the image 1975

A bonus LP with The Wonderful and Frightening World of the Fall LP purchased in Rough Trade East and never listened to until today.
Happy Jack
Members

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Post #155 - 11 May 2020, 19:16

The first single I ever bought was not Destination Venus by The Rezillos as I have always maintained but it was 'Singing In The Rain' by Sheila B Devotion which I came across in a bargain basket in Boots on Princes Street in Edinburgh on a day visit. I had no idea what it was, but it was a 7" single and my first.

I have lost it. Or maybe binned it when I found out about The Rezillos and The Skids, but I recently bought it on 12" and also 'Spacer' 7" which is great!

phpBB [video]
Happy Jack
Members

Post #156 - 16 May 2020, 17:07

All things David Byrne

phpBB [video]
Happy Jack
Members

Post #157 - 16 May 2020, 17:12

phpBB [video]
Happy Jack
Members

Post #158 - 16 May 2020, 20:29

Happy Jack » Mon May 11, 2020 7:16 pm wrote:Image

The first single I ever bought was not Destination Venus by The Rezillos as I have always maintained but it was 'Singing In The Rain' by Sheila B Devotion which I came across in a bargain basket in Boots on Princes Street in Edinburgh on a day visit. I had no idea what it was, but it was a 7" single and my first.

I have lost it. Or maybe binned it when I found out about The Rezillos and The Skids, but I recently bought it on 12" and also 'Spacer' 7" which is great!

phpBB [video]

I have been researching this. It's worth noting that the act was not a solo performer, but a band and the band name was 'Sheila & B. Devotion', not 'Sheila B. Devotion'. There was slight confusion, essentially, the US market knew the act as "Sheila & B. Devotion", while Canada, Australia, the UK, Ireland and the European markets stuck with the name Sheila B. Devotion. In 1979, the name was officially changed to Sheila & B. Devotion across all markets internationally.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #159 - 16 May 2020, 22:54

dannynomates » Sat May 16, 2020 8:29 pm wrote:
Happy Jack » Mon May 11, 2020 7:16 pm wrote:Image

phpBB [video]

I have been researching this. It's worth noting that the act was not a solo performer, but a band and the band name was 'Sheila & B. Devotion', not 'Sheila B. Devotion'. There was slight confusion, essentially, the US market knew the act as "Sheila & B. Devotion", while Canada, Australia, the UK, Ireland and the European markets stuck with the name Sheila B. Devotion. In 1979, the name was officially changed to Sheila & B. Devotion across all markets internationally.

Dan

There was another official name for the band, 'Sheila & The Black Devotion', referring to her backing group of sambo dancers. :)

Potty

Post #160 - 17 May 2020, 04:54

That's right, they were all darkies, weren't they?
I did hear she liked dem wots got de big tallywhackers.
Mushshrooms
Members

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test