View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Things I Learned Today ; Fascinating facts

Post #81 - 08 Jan 2020, 13:56

Steve70nearly » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:04 am wrote:
FriedBurger » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:35 pm wrote:I'm a bit pissed, but our Steve70nearly is a probable Yorkshire person. He should sod off. I would square up to him, "Sod off!" I would say.

Mum doesn't like him. She would square up. She would tell Steve70nearly to sod off. She would have her say.

What on earth are you rattling on about? :shrug:

I'm from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch via Easington Colliery.

"Fwch you lass", I would say. :lol:

Steve70nearly, you are an obnoxious arrogant pig headed twat! Just saying! I am having my say and I'm pissed again.

Go n have a wank!

Love, Auntie Sharon The Minge.
FriedBurger
Members

Post #82 - 26 Jan 2020, 15:11

academichibernian
Members

Etiolated since 2018.

Post #83 - 26 Jan 2020, 15:44

Cambridge University No Trespassing
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

Post #84 - 26 Jan 2020, 15:55

:lol:

Charming Undeniably Nice Type
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #85 - 26 Jan 2020, 16:32

Choose Uppity Naughty Tart
Members

Post #86 - 26 Jan 2020, 16:47

routemaster
Jim Skidder
Members

Skidder's the name, plant wrangling's the game. :)

Post #87 - 26 Jan 2020, 17:02

:angry:

Cretinous Useless Negligible Tosser
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #88 - 26 Jan 2020, 17:27

Craven
Ugly
Niggling
Twerp

have a nice day :grin:
Members

Post #89 - 26 Jan 2020, 18:03

:grin:

:clap:

Common carrier * /
Utilitarian vehicle /
National disgrace driving
Teesside Tosser

* Common carrier was found under google as yet another way to describe a bus :)
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #90 - 29 Jan 2020, 02:02

I'm sure danny once claimed that downloading his mp3s was better for the environment than buying records. I knew that downloading wasn't as clean as Google had told him that day, but this shows the issues on both sides.

"Is rejecting physical media and embracing streaming the answer? This is the wrong way of framing the issue, as digital media is physical media, too. Although digital audio files seem virtual, they rely on infrastructures of data storage, processing and transmission that have potentially higher greenhouse gas emissions than the petrochemical plastics used in the production of more obviously physical formats such as LPs – to stream music is to burn coal, uranium and gas.

The amount of energy required to stream an individual song or album is negligible – much less than it takes to get that same music on an LP, cassette or CD – but one-to-one comparisons miss the point. We need to understand the aggregate energy effects of billions of streamers who now expect, without a second thought, instant access to unlimited amounts of music. This culture of listening is what gives us the result that, although the US recording industry is using far less plastic, it is producing more greenhouse gas emissions.

Conservative estimates show the amount of such emissions to be 200m kilos a year after 2015, while pessimistic estimates show it to be 350m kilos a year – which is more than double the US industry’s emissions profile at the height of vinyl, cassettes or CDs. Individual digital audio files use less energy than those previous formats. Those individual gains in efficiency are outstripped by increases in overall use.

The devices required to access those infrastructures – smartphones, tablets, laptops – rely on the exploitation of natural and human resources around the world. These products then quickly succumb to fashion and obsolescence, ending up at dump sites, making further claims on other people and places. "

Seems he didn't think it through. :wanker:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... -streaming
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #91 - 29 Jan 2020, 11:59

Sonofsmegma » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:02 am wrote:I'm sure danny once claimed that downloading his mp3s was better for the environment than buying records. I knew that downloading wasn't as clean as Google had told him that day, but this shows the issues on both sides.

"Is rejecting physical media and embracing streaming the answer? This is the wrong way of framing the issue, as digital media is physical media, too. Although digital audio files seem virtual, they rely on infrastructures of data storage, processing and transmission that have potentially higher greenhouse gas emissions than the petrochemical plastics used in the production of more obviously physical formats such as LPs – to stream music is to burn coal, uranium and gas.

The amount of energy required to stream an individual song or album is negligible – much less than it takes to get that same music on an LP, cassette or CD – but one-to-one comparisons miss the point. We need to understand the aggregate energy effects of billions of streamers who now expect, without a second thought, instant access to unlimited amounts of music. This culture of listening is what gives us the result that, although the US recording industry is using far less plastic, it is producing more greenhouse gas emissions.

Conservative estimates show the amount of such emissions to be 200m kilos a year after 2015, while pessimistic estimates show it to be 350m kilos a year – which is more than double the US industry’s emissions profile at the height of vinyl, cassettes or CDs. Individual digital audio files use less energy than those previous formats. Those individual gains in efficiency are outstripped by increases in overall use.

The devices required to access those infrastructures – smartphones, tablets, laptops – rely on the exploitation of natural and human resources around the world. These products then quickly succumb to fashion and obsolescence, ending up at dump sites, making further claims on other people and places. "

Good work SoS! :clap:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #92 - 29 Jan 2020, 14:30

Greasy Roads » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:59 am wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:02 am wrote:I'm sure danny once claimed that downloading his mp3s was better for the environment than buying records. I knew that downloading wasn't as clean as Google had told him that day, but this shows the issues on both sides.

Good work SoS! :clap:

Agreed, best cut n paste job I've seen in ages. :wanker:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #93 - 30 Jan 2020, 18:05

How to defeat the NY Times paywall: click on the bits that show above the wall and sweep your cursor down the page. Copy and paste into a text docxument and the whole article shows up. Disadvantages are violating intellectual property rights, as well as reading the New York Times. Not to mention incurring Dannynomates' ire at knowing something he doens't.

Doesn't work for the London Times.
FlowerCake
Members

Neither time nor inclination

Post #94 - 30 Jan 2020, 18:23

FlowerCake » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:05 pm wrote:How to defeat the NY Times paywall: click on the bits that show above the wall and sweep your cursor down the page. Copy and paste into a text docxument and the whole article shows up. Disadvantages are violating intellectual property rights, as well as reading the New York Times. Not to mention incurring Dannynomates' ire at knowing something he doens't.

Ctrl-A and then copy and paste is much quicker.

Flowercake warned for thinking there's something I don't know..

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #95 - 30 Jan 2020, 18:44

dannynomates » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:23 pm wrote:
FlowerCake » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:05 pm wrote:How to defeat the NY Times paywall: click on the bits that show above the wall and sweep your cursor down the page. Copy and paste into a text docxument and the whole article shows up. Disadvantages are violating intellectual property rights, as well as reading the New York Times. Not to mention incurring Dannynomates' ire at knowing something he doens't.

Ctrl-A and then copy and paste is much quicker.

Flowercake warned for thinking there's something I don't know..

Dan

Reported for contributing to intellectual property theft and violating the EULAs of this forum's host.
FlowerCake
Members

Neither time nor inclination

Post #96 - 14 Feb 2020, 08:40

A day in hospital costs £400

A day's state pension costs £20.

Every day that cunt's in hospital would pay my state pension for 20 days

:grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #97 - 14 Feb 2020, 10:03

Greasy Roads » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:40 am wrote:A day in hospital costs £400

A day's state pension costs £20.

Every day that cunt's in hospital would pay my state pension for 20 days

:grrr:

Hmm, maybe one more day in here might be worthwhile, best not to rush things and I have been very ill. :devil:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #98 - 14 Feb 2020, 12:54

I would advise one or more days in a private room to make doubly sure you've recovered. And, at least one private nurse to assist your recovery. You deserve no less. :)
Members

Post #99 - 14 Feb 2020, 13:06

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:54 am wrote:I would advise one or more days in a private room to make doubly sure you've recovered. And, at least one private nurse to assist your recovery. You deserve no less. :)

The conniving old bitch in the opposite bed got given a private room this morning. :radged:

I've learned today that I'm now technically better, all readings are normal, but that I must stay in one more night for observation. I don't need observing ffs!! :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #100 - 14 Feb 2020, 13:12

You're 15% more likely to die in hospital at the weekend. :)
Jim Skidder
Members

Skidder's the name, plant wrangling's the game. :)

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test