View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Things I Learned Today ; Fascinating facts

Post #141 - 22 Apr 2020, 22:52

If your electric hair shaver repeatedly falls down on the floor, the length regulator piece might be irremediably damaged.

Then you'll be forced to shave like Mr. Clean.

:cry2:
Völlïg Scrötäl
Members

ImageImageImageImage

SitzKrieg Wop

Post #142 - 22 Apr 2020, 23:01

That's good to know. Perhaps I'll start using my electric razor while sitting on the floor because there's less distance for the appliance to fall. :)
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #143 - 23 Apr 2020, 05:33

Potty » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:15 pm wrote:
dannynomates » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:13 pm wrote:
Potty » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:38 pm wrote:I've taken one of those genealogical DNA tests and I've just found out I'm a fucking pikey. :(

You realise, of course, that conclusions like that are nonsense and genetic testing for ancestry purposes in this way is largely worthless pseudoscience.

Dan

That's OK for you to say, you don't get uncontrollable urges to go round your neighbour's and rob his shed. :(

That's not necessarily because you have gipsy blood though, you may just be a thief.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #144 - 19 Jun 2020, 17:03

The Latin for old woman is anus. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #145 - 19 Jun 2020, 17:21

The Latin word for anus is anum. :D
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #146 - 19 Jun 2020, 19:27

The English for "Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est" is "I think, therefore I think the Routemaster vulva."

:shrug:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #147 - 19 Jun 2020, 19:47

routemaster » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:27 pm wrote:The English for "Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est" is "I think, therefore I think the Routemaster vulva."

You have not translated 'est'.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #148 - 19 Jun 2020, 19:59

dannynomates » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm wrote:
routemaster » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:27 pm wrote:The English for "Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est" is "I think, therefore I think the Routemaster vulva."

Dan

I copied it from Greasy Roads' sig, warn that cunt for it. :grrr:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #149 - 19 Jun 2020, 20:01

routemaster » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:59 pm wrote:

Dan

I know where you got it from. If you translated 'est' you would understand what it meant.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #150 - 19 Jun 2020, 20:21

dannynomates » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:01 pm wrote:

Dan

I know where you got it from. If you translated 'est' you would understand what it meant.

Dan

"I think, therefore I think the Routemaster vulva it is." :shrug:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #151 - 19 Jun 2020, 20:36

routemaster » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 pm wrote:

Dan

Dan

Est is the third person singular of the verb 'to be'. Concentrating on the fragment 'cogito routemaster cunnus est' we have: I think routemaster vulva is. The verb is always at the end of the sentence in Latin so you need to change the word order and think what the slang for vulva might be in English. I'm off to bathe the daughter.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #152 - 19 Jun 2020, 20:49

dannynomates » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:36 pm wrote:
routemaster » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 pm wrote:

Dan

Dan

Est is the third person singular of the verb 'to be'. Concentrating on the fragment 'cogito routemaster cunnus est' we have: I think routemaster vulva is. The verb is always at the end of the sentence in Latin so you need to change the word order and think what the slang for vulva might be in English. I'm off to bathe the daughter.

Dan

Clear as fucking mud that. :wanker:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #153 - 19 Jun 2020, 21:28

You know very well by now that it means

"I think, therefore I think that Routemaster is a cunt". :angry:

You cunt. :wanker:

:finger:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #154 - 19 Jun 2020, 21:40

Sonofsmegma » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:28 pm wrote:You know very well by now that it means

"I think, therefore I think that Routemaster is a cunt". :angry:

You cunt. :wanker:

:finger:

Never learn do you?

Sonofsmegma warned for excessive profanity.

And once again, a red.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #155 - 19 Jun 2020, 21:41

You've brought up Descarte's weakness: He said: "I think therefore I am" when scientifically all he could say was, "I think therefore I think I am." Descartes was a teleologist and not a materialist so he didn't care about empirical evidence because thought was enough. Darwin, to give one example, was a materialist and his theory of descent with modification has been proven over and over to be correct. Darwin had tons of evidence from other scientists plus all the evidence he himself collected.
Epicurus was one of the first materialists and his work was suppressed and, destroyed when discovered, for centuries. Much of what we know of Epicurus comes from the Roman Lucretius who had access to much more of the former's writings then we do today.
So western civilization got the losers Plato and Aristotle thanks to the RC church and a succession of dynasts who felt threatened by verifiable truth.
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #156 - 19 Jun 2020, 21:44

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:41 pm wrote:You've brought up Descarte's weakness: He said: "I think therefore I am" when scientifically all he could say was, "I think therefore I think I am." Descartes was a teleologist and not a materialist so he didn't care about empirical evidence because thought was enough. Darwin, to give one example, was a materialist and his theory of descent with modification has been proven over and over to be correct. Darwin had tons of evidence from other scientists plus all the evidence he himself collected.
Epicurus was one of the first materialists and his work was suppressed and, destroyed when discovered, for centuries. Much of what we know of Epicurus comes from the Roman Lucretius who had access to much more of the former's writings then we do today.
So western civilization got the losers Plato and Aristotle thanks to the RC church and a succession of dynasts who felt threatened by verifiable truth.

Pack it in.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #157 - 19 Jun 2020, 21:58

Snappy retort A-Hole :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #158 - 05 Jul 2020, 08:25

phpBB [video]

Dana Valery's Northern Soul stomper is a cover of a Simon and Garfunkel tune. :D
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #159 - 05 Jul 2020, 09:29

Interesting that Paul makes a guest appearance on the song too in the first minute, saying "You don't begin to comprehend".

Dad :wanker: said Simon and Garfunkel were on Columbia too, so him doing a guest appearance thing is understandable.

Dad :wanker: also said that Peaches and Herb did a good soul version of The sound of silence.

Hmm, Routemaster lives in Teesside, wonder whether he was surrounded by the sound of violence after the pubs closed. :devil:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #160 - 05 Jul 2020, 09:57

Sonofsmegma » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:29 am wrote:Interesting that Paul makes a guest appearance on the song too in the first minute, saying "You don't begin to comprehend".

Dad :wanker: said Simon and Garfunkel were on Columbia too, so him doing a guest appearance thing is understandable.

Dad :wanker: also said that Peaches and Herb did a good soul version of The sound of silence.

Hmm, Routemaster lives in Teesside, wonder whether he was surrounded by the sound of violence after the pubs closed. :devil:

:drool:
Butch Cassady
Members

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test