View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 What's on your plate? ; A good nosh

Post #1 - 05 Feb 2018, 12:55

Mrs Slushy and I visited a new Indian restaurant in Swindon, as an impromptu Sunday night dinner last night, as I was feeling frivolous and wanted to treat her.

We turned up early and the place was deserted, but from the reviews we'd read, we were confident that it wasn't for any bad reason. It later began to fill.

The head waiter (and the other waiter we were served by too), had impeccable manners and offered fantastic customer service, together with being very friendly and approachable, without being over-the-top or intruding on our private time.

I really only eat fish, and I can't eat huge quantities of vegetables, so eating in Indian/similar restaurants is sometimes a bit disappointing for me, especially as I'm a fan of the taste of the food from this continent, but I explained what I liked and the head waiter asked me questions and made suggestions and consulted with the chef and I let them decide on the Sunset Salmon for me. Mrs Slushy had a lamb tikka masala.

We'd started with a poppadom each and accouterments (we won't next time, as we then couldn't eat as much of the main as we'd hoped!), then had the above choices, together with plain boiled rice and a paratha for me (as I wanted to try a new bread), sag paneer and a peshwari naan for my partner . The waiter brought us a complimentary dish (I think it was Bombay potatoes?) too.

Wow. Amazing foods. We had been famished when we arrived, but before too long, despite the plates not being overloaded, we just couldn't finish and had to take the rest home!

All this, with a Bengal beer & a non-alcoholic Cobra for Mrs Slushy, cost £65. I can't say it's cheap, but it was so worth the money.

The new restaurant.

Sunset Salmon :heart:

Bengali Beer - I managed six of these so was able to drive home easily.
Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #2 - 05 Feb 2018, 22:50

^^ Nice nosh Slushy. :)

Met my mate S4 Manc in Iceland today. After hiding a pack of chicken twizzlers down his joggers, we exchanged cock sizes and I won! :)

To celebrate, we bought a pizza which we shared back home. I'm vegetarian so I gave him the meat. Emma (nee Royd) had some chips.

Gazza
Members

Post #3 - 06 Feb 2018, 12:48

I had a round of toast for breakfast but I can feel it coming back up.
A Worthless Man
Members

Post #4 - 06 Feb 2018, 14:07

:drool:
Butch Cassady
Members

Post #5 - 06 Feb 2018, 15:34

I've just eaten a Bombay Bad Boy. :)
Buys Curios
Members

Post #6 - 06 Feb 2018, 20:53

Chinese Willow Pattern

Three Hogged Leg
Members

Post #7 - 06 Feb 2018, 22:27

I prefer my curries to be on the warm side.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #8 - 06 Feb 2018, 22:29

What's good for Donald is good for me.

Keeping it healthy with the Diet Coke.
Dr Ron Jock
Members

Making America great again.

Post #9 - 16 Feb 2018, 15:33

Fucking lamb again. I'm getting sick of it, it's all they serve here. It's like watching Leeds this season - it was OK at first but after a while you get fed up with it and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. :grrr:
Phil-ah
Members

Post #10 - 17 Feb 2018, 00:37

Just had a scrummy parmo from Pizza Village in town. :)

The diet can wait till tomorrow.

Has routemaster tried one of these, a Teesside delicacy?
Amber
Members

Post #11 - 17 Feb 2018, 23:19

Amber, Feb 17 2018, 12:37:37 AM wrote:Just had a scrummy parmo from Pizza Village in town. :)

The diet can wait till tomorrow.

Has routemaster tried one of these, a Teesside delicacy?

Had one tonight Amber, bloody delicious but I can feel my arteries clogging up as I type. :(
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #12 - 21 Feb 2018, 15:57

Went to our local curry house with my team mates for lunch. I chose the vegetable biryani with cauliflower bhaji as a side dish. The others mocked me as they tucked into chicken naga and Bangalore phall, but they'll be sorry later you mark my words. :)

Wendi would have loved this. :(
The Strange One
Members

The stereo Radio Lancs Clitheroe '85 set on an official LP from the master tape, please...!

Post #13 - 22 Feb 2018, 08:35

The Strange One, Feb 21 2018, 03:57:49 PM wrote:Went to our local curry house with my team mates for lunch. I chose the vegetable biryani with cauliflower bhaji as a side dish. The others mocked me as they tucked into chicken naga and Bangalore phall, but they'll be sorry later you mark my words. :)
Your mates are right, you need to man up and get a decent Naga or Vindaloo down your neck. It'll take your mind off Wendi next morning. :devil:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #14 - 25 Feb 2018, 08:20

Chicken Vindaloo last night to celebrate our excellent victory over the Owls yesterday. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #15 - 10 Mar 2018, 23:39

Chicken Naga after thrashing the dogheads 4-1. Top shout. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #16 - 11 Mar 2018, 00:44

Pork Zackeroff, no me neither but it sounded nice. Turned out to be fucking horrible and burnt to a crisp. :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #17 - 28 Mar 2018, 20:50

After enjoying a few months of having spring greens with our hog roasts / dauphinoise potatoes, as it becomes less available, we’re now having cabbage (shit food for commoners as Slushdaughter calls it). It’s ok, but not as nice as spring greens and it seems to reduce down to almost nothing due to the fact Mrs Slushy is fucking hopeless in the kitchen and boils it to a pulp. Bless. :heart:
Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #18 - 28 Mar 2018, 22:08

Su made me my favourite salad this evening, I love fucking I fucking love that woman. :wub:

Right Said Fred
Members

Post #19 - 29 Mar 2018, 08:16

I thought of routemaster when I saw this potato.
smegma2
The Smegma Family

Poncey Elitist.

Post #20 - 30 Mar 2018, 09:57

smegma2, Mar 29 2018, 08:16:38 AM wrote:Image

I thought of routemaster when I saw this potato.

But why when it so clearly represents you?
academichibernian
Members

Etiolated since 2018.

Next

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test