View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Art and Artists ; Visual stuff

Post #201 - 03 Jan 2021, 20:34

Rick Shaw » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:44 pm wrote:Eleanor Fartlett at Twee Works. Until 31st January. Re-opens 7 January.

This time the old lezzer has nailed some doors from a ratty old tool cupboard to my one of my walls, and a couple of wooden planks to another.

I don't know how much she knocks this shit out for, but all comments are welcome, even from Erpingham. :)

You bastard philistine!!! :grrr:
Eleanor is a living national treasure!!
The fact that she's a carpet muncher is neither here nor there! :angry:
You wouldn't know art if you woke up in bed with h̶i̶m̶ it one morning!!! :grrr:
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #202 - 03 Jan 2021, 21:35

Mushshrooms » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:34 pm wrote:
Rick Shaw » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:44 pm wrote:Eleanor Fartlett at Twee Works. Until 31st January. Re-opens 7 January.

This time the old lezzer has nailed some doors from a ratty old tool cupboard to my one of my walls, and a couple of wooden planks to another.

I don't know how much she knocks this shit out for, but all comments are welcome, even from Erpingham. :)

You bastard philistine!!! :grrr:
Eleanor is a living national treasure!!
The fact that she's a carpet muncher is neither here nor there! :angry:
You wouldn't know art if you woke up in bed with h̶i̶m̶ it one morning!!! :grrr:

Such aggression. I’m not sure. I view the shows as palate cleansers for each other. This constructivist sort of aesthetic followed Georgious' machine-led aesthetic. Think of it like sequencing on a record. The next exhibition after this austere aesthetic is my Snakes & Ladders commission that I've been working on for months, which is all about difference.

Rick Shaw
Members

Post #203 - 04 Jan 2021, 00:21

Rick Shaw » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 pm wrote:The next exhibition after this austere aesthetic is my Snakes & Ladders commission that I've been working on for months, which is all about difference.

I've no doubt it took you months to draw that. :whistle:
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #204 - 18 Feb 2021, 09:35

A man has discovered a drawing that he bought for 73p could be worth £10,000.

Santiago Taute paid a paltry sum for the picture at a street market in Ecuador in 2001 and it had laid dormant for several years until his wife Delia spotted that it was by acclaimed artist Lee Hadwin, who is notable for painting pictures as he sleeps. Taute - who now lives in the UK - told LADbible: "I liked the look of the drawing because of all of the colours, and ended up purchasing it for one dollar with a few other souvenirs.

"I finally got all my boxes from Spain last year when we moved into a new home. I was taking things out of the boxes and found the painting so went to show my wife. She recognised the signature, checked the website of the artist and he has now confirmed the drawing I bought for a dollar is one of his and worth thousands!

"We are both very happy and shocked to find this out."

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/bizarre/m ... 82442.html
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Post #205 - 15 Mar 2021, 22:03

John Scummer.

He's an artist in his late forties that I've shown and he makes this work when not doing his day job and raising his children. I keep pushing him to go overboard and make them more visceral, expose the making process, introduce new elements. I think he should get a hairdresser in to style the wig. I like how he pushes them to the point of destruction and with the promise of a space to show. He can stretch himself anytime he likes at Twee Works. :wub:

Rick Shaw
Members

Post #206 - 15 Mar 2021, 22:07

What a load of fucking shit.

I disagree with you, this needs to be displayed outside in unusual public spaces.
Mr. Martial
Members

Post #207 - 15 Mar 2021, 22:11

Mr. Martial » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:07 pm wrote:What a load of fucking shit.

I disagree with you, this needs to be displayed outside in unusual public spaces.

You are absolutely right that some sculpture needs to go beyond the bounds of the gallery environment.

I've dumped this crap by the toilets on North Bay near the Alpamare. :huh:
Rick Shaw
Members

Post #208 - 15 Mar 2021, 22:17

Something about that sculpture, to me, cries out" Wales!!
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #209 - 15 Mar 2021, 22:28

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:17 pm wrote:Something about that sculpture, to me, cries out" Wales!!

No, this is more your Welsh art...

:wub:
Steve70nearly
Members

The Fall In Fives by Dannynomates

Post #210 - 30 Mar 2021, 21:34

Newsprint drawings by Jonathan Polkadot both titled Data Muscle / 76x50cm / Wax, graphite, newsprint, fix, frottage / 2020. These drawings are hanging in Room 3 and will be available to view alongside about 100 other works included in the first newsprint open. All the works are for sale, Jonathan has priced these at £4.40 each which is frankly all they're worth, but I'll round them up to £500 each for anyone interested. Post and packaging will be added on top of course.

The First Annual Newsprint Open Call opens at Twee Works Scarborough – Friday 16 April / 12–4pm. Then Thursday–Sunday 12–4pm until May 30th.

Here's Jonathan's work.

I've added my own Newsprint drawing, for sale at just £479.99, so considerably cheaper than Jonathan Polkadot's effort. :huh:
Rick Shaw
Members

Post #211 - 30 Mar 2021, 22:36

On first glance I thought they were snoods. Glad to realize they are fine art. :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #212 - 30 Mar 2021, 22:40

Steve70nearly » 15 Mar 2021, 22:28 wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ; » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:17 pm wrote:Something about that sculpture, to me, cries out" Wales!!

No, this is more your Welsh art...

:wub:

Yes! Now I can hear: Jones, Evans, Owens, Williams -- the painting shouts them out :)
BOQ Lay Preacher

Post #213 - 05 Apr 2021, 05:25

Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Will the real God please stand up?

Previous

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test