View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 The Song Game Thread

Post #10721 - 14 Aug 2019, 15:28

Swinging On A Star - Bing Crosby
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
Members

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

Post #10722 - 14 Aug 2019, 15:37

routemaster » Yesterday, 21:52 wrote:
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 pm wrote:
Hit by lightning? :D I'd like to learn about that. I've done life saving work on people hit by lightning but never hit my self. Glad you're here to tell about it. :)

All over and done with in a second - there was an almighty bang, and equally almighty flash that engulfed the whole car, and that was it. We were stationary at the traffic lights at the time, might have been different if we were moving, but the tyres being rubber do not conduct electricity so we were perfectly safe as the current could not earth. :)

Born Slippy - Underworld

We were always told that being in a rubber tired vehicle was the safest place in an electrical storm if there was no solid building around so I guess it's true. I know several times a bunch of us would crowd into a pickup when a storm came upon us.
Did you have lingering after images from the intensely bright light? That's something you won't forget.
My closest encounter with lightning was being in a fire lookout triangulating to find where a fire was with the main lookout a few miles away and hear the electricity buzz and snap on the corner lightning rods. The tower and ladder led up into the small area where the spotting scope was, and was metal. The floor was wood slats so I hunkered down with only the rubber soles touching the floor. Hearing the electricity was enough; I think being engulfed in lightning would be a little too intense for me.
Thank s for the information: Did you develop any superpowers from the event :)
Members

Post #10723 - 14 Aug 2019, 15:41

Sonofsmegma » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:04 pm wrote:
Have you heard it grow, up on the prairie, Jim?

I'd rather not imagine what Jim has growing up on the prairie, the sick fuck. :X

Swing The Heartache - Bauhaus
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #10724 - 14 Aug 2019, 15:50

Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:37 pm wrote:
Hit by lightning? :D I'd like to learn about that. I've done life saving work on people hit by lightning but never hit my self. Glad you're here to tell about it. :)

All over and done with in a second - there was an almighty bang, and equally almighty flash that engulfed the whole car, and that was it. We were stationary at the traffic lights at the time, might have been different if we were moving, but the tyres being rubber do not conduct electricity so we were perfectly safe as the current could not earth. :)

Born Slippy - Underworld

We were always told that being in a rubber tired vehicle was the safest place in an electrical storm if there was no solid building around so I guess it's true. I know several times a bunch of us would crowd into a pickup when a storm came upon us.
Did you have lingering after images from the intensely bright light? That's something you won't forget.
My closest encounter with lightning was being in a fire lookout triangulating to find where a fire was with the main lookout a few miles away and hear the electricity buzz and snap on the corner lightning rods. The tower and ladder led up into the small area where the spotting scope was, and was metal. The floor was wood slats so I hunkered down with only the rubber soles touching the floor. Hearing the electricity was enough; I think being engulfed in lightning would be a little too intense for me.

The only lingering images are of the then Miss RM who screamed loudly next to me, and yes that flash was bright!
Your tale of the fire lookout sounds particularly scary, not exactly the best location in such conditions. Although a strike can kill, there have been cases where people have been struck more than once and lived. I'm sure someone got struck 5 times and was ok - incredible when you've more chance of winning the lottery jackpot than being hit by lighning. He must have had those superpowers. :lol:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #10725 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:03

The person who was struck 5 times by lightning - 7 he said - was a park ranger who worked most of his career in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. The park is basically a 105 mile long mountain ridge 2000 feet above the lowlands on either side of the park. Once he was in a vehicle but had the window open. Some are skeptical but he had burn marks from at least two hits.
I bet Ms RM let out a scream!
The state of Florida has more lightning strikes than any other place in the world. Surrounded by large bodies of water of different temperatures on either side of the state and in the path of many hurricanes.
Yeah, climbing up a metal ladder and opening the trap door at the bottom of the lookout 50 feet above the ground in a storm is Not Fun. Once you made it in, you were OK, more or less, The ladder was completely vertical and you had to reach back, once you opened the trapdoor, and pull yourself up into it. It was like a metal box sitting on a power pole.
Members

Post #10726 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:03

routemaster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm wrote:

Born Slippy - Underworld

The only lingering images are of the then Miss RM who screamed loudly next to me, and yes that flash was bright!

I'll get you next time, you cunt. :grrr:
God
Members

Post #10727 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:06

God » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm wrote:
routemaster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm wrote:

Born Slippy - Underworld

I'll get you next time, you cunt. :grrr:

Post a song or fuck off. :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #10728 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:10

Swing The Big Eyed Rabbit - The Cramps
Members

Post #10729 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:11

And lo, routemaster was smitten with a ban. :)
God
Members

Post #10730 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:13

It's never a good idea to have a pop at God. :mutley:

A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond - Captain Beefheart
Jim Skidder
Members

Skidder's the name, plant wrangling's the game. :)

Post #10731 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:32

God » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:11 pm wrote:And lo, routemaster was smitten with a ban. :)

:wanker:

White Rabbit - Patti Smith
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #10732 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:49

Give Me Wings - Evangelion

White Boy - Culture Club
FlowerCake
Members

Neither time nor inclination

Post #10733 - 14 Aug 2019, 16:50

Give It To The Soft Boys - The Soft Boys
Members

Post #10734 - 14 Aug 2019, 17:07

FlowerCake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 pm wrote:Give Me Wings - Evangelion

Can't see the link :shrug:

Hi FC. :drink:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #10735 - 14 Aug 2019, 17:09

White Boys And Heroes - Gary Numan#

Fixed. :)
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #10736 - 14 Aug 2019, 17:22

Fuck, he's back. :(

A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation) - Marty Robbins
Jim Skidder
Members

Post #10737 - 14 Aug 2019, 17:34

I take no shit from God. :devil:

This Sporting Life - The Mekons
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Post #10738 - 14 Aug 2019, 17:43

He'll get into the church of BOQ eventually. :angry:

This Sporting Life - Iain Whitcombe and Bluesville
Jim Skidder
Members

Post #10739 - 14 Aug 2019, 18:03

Wild and Blue - The Mekons

Yes, BOQ :pray:
Members

Post #10740 - 14 Aug 2019, 18:21

Fuck BOQ. :radged:

Wild In Blue - Suicide
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, and Timewasters

Website Security Test