View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Music By Forum Members ; Retch now, retch quickly

Post #1 - 24 Dec 2020, 04:53

I used to go to open mic jams where anybody could get up and sing something.

After a certain group we know of covered this tune in 2012 I began playing it at open-mics every year about this time of the year. How the people suffered; it was most rewarding. Having nowhere to go this year I recorded myself in a train station shelter and put it on youtube. Hope you enjoy it,

NB: I shared this on the Other Site so make sure you post your likes on the video and and show up those other fuckers.

And merry Christmas fuck faces. :drink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFGEgG ... e=youtu.be
FlowerCake
Members

My God is stronger than your god.

Post #2 - 24 Dec 2020, 07:34

FlowerCake » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:53 am wrote:I used to go to open mic jams where anybody could get up and sing something.

After a certain group we know of covered this tune in 2012 I began playing it at open-mics every year about this time of the year. How the people suffered; it was most rewarding. Having nowhere to go this year I recorded myself in a train station shelter and put it on youtube. Hope you enjoy it,

NB: I shared this on the Other Site so make sure you post your likes on the video and and show up those other fuckers.

And merry Christmas fuck faces. :drink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFGEgG ... e=youtu.be

Flowercake warned for contravening the Transit Authority's rules on busking.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #3 - 24 Dec 2020, 08:39

I live in a free country your poor idiot.

Glad you liked it though. È)
FlowerCake
Members

Post #4 - 24 Dec 2020, 19:07

:clap:

I like the sound you get from your guitar - it doesn't have overtones like a Martin(a good thing to me) but it's more snappy than an archtop.
At about the two minute mark there's a 3 note arpeggio, or maybe a short run, that sounded like you struck the strings between the bridge and where the strings are attached but I didn't see you move your hand down there - what was it? - sounded nice.

Congrats for singing on key - nice number :)
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Post #5 - 24 Dec 2020, 20:41

I'm not sure! I was winging it a little, might have been a hammer on or left hand pizzicatto. ;)

That's actually a Martin - a Backpacker. I found it by chance -I was checking out a different travel guitar and the clerk brought this out. It was on sale for $199, it had been returned by the original owner because it developed a crack. I was surprised by the tone; I tried out other Backpackers over the years and found them cheap and tinny sounding.

I take this camping and hiking, it's been through rainy nights and freezing nights and maybe that helps the sound. The crack is still growing and 2 others have emerged, I'm not sure how long it's going to last but I plan to keep abusing it. Could be that the bracing will hold it together indefinitely.

Really glad you got something out of it, thanks for saying so.
FlowerCake
Members

Post #6 - 24 Dec 2020, 20:50

I remember when the Backpacker came out but I had never seen one. Yours has one nice tone; I like it.

Those notes sounded to me like the strings were under above normal tension - odd but added to the piece.

Thanks for posting it, it was professionally done and very enjoyable.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

The justness of individual land right is not justifiable to those to whom the land by right of first claim collectively belonged.

Return to Musos' Corner

Website Security Test cron