View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Brix and the Extricated at The Thekla, Bristol ; 9th Novemeber 2017

Post #1 - 06 Jan 2018, 08:36

Brix and The Extricated on board The Thekla, Bristol.

This was the 2nd time I'd seen them; the first being 2 years ago.

They were good then but excellent this time 'round. I'd encouraged several not-as-fanatical-as-me fans of The Fall and was pleased to see they also enjoyed it.

The new material slotted seamlessly in with the classics although I'm still not sure about Brix's vocals in 'Totally Wired'.

No Bananaramas; not even the 2 from Bristol who went to school with mu mate Geoff.

If I could play guitar and I owned one like Brix's white Rickenbacker I'd play it all the time.

Nice to see GFR from the FoF.

Peter de Meat Eater
Members

Post #2 - 07 Jan 2018, 09:41

I was at this one, fucking brilliant gig. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not completely convinced by the LP but they absolutely blew me away live. US 80s 90s was the highlight. Fantastic in particular to see Steve Hanley who's a fucking legend play again, but they're all great.

And always a pleasure to see Peter de Meat Eater. :)
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Happy Days!

Post #3 - 09 Jan 2018, 09:25

Peter de Meat Eater
Members

Post #4 - 15 Apr 2018, 00:26

Eh up, nice to see Brix getting good reviews
Hexen Voxish
Members

Post #5 - 15 Apr 2018, 11:25

Hexen Hour, Apr 15 2018, 12:26:44 AM wrote:Eh up, nice to see Brix getting good reviews
They're brilliant live and I suspect some people may be put off seeing them by the LP which doesn't quite convey how good they are.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Happy Days!

Return to Fallen Reviews