View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Cherry Red Reissues

Post #1 - 24 May 2019, 13:57

This arrived today together with Live At The Witch Trials. First impressions were good as Dragnet came out first, but then for some unknown reason they've used the shit U.S. sleeve and track listing for Witch Trials. WTF? The labels on Dragnet look like they've been done on a very cheap photocopier; how difficult can it be to to replicate black and white you mutts? Comparing the sound on Dragnet with a Lyntone original reveals one makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and the other doesn't. I doubt that either will get played again.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

https://www.notforprofitfuneralplans.co.uk

Post #2 - 24 May 2019, 16:49

Not being funny right, but why buy these things? I only buy CDs but the tracklistings alone made me think twice. The bonus disc for Dragnet contains those shit Voiceprint rip-offs Live at Retford and Live at Los Angeles, no thanks. :wtf:
routemaster
On The Buses

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #3 - 24 May 2019, 17:54

routemaster » Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm wrote:Not being funny right, but why buy these things? I only buy CDs but the tracklistings alone made me think twice. The bonus disc for Dragnet contains those shit Voiceprint rip-offs Live at Retford and Live at Los Angeles, no thanks. :wtf:

It was a bit of a whim to be honest. I'll think twice next time. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #4 - 25 May 2019, 05:54

You also get these dinky little badges with the first few copies which are going to be a bastard to store with the records.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #5 - 25 May 2019, 08:02

Can't you store them on your lapels? :wtf:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #6 - 25 May 2019, 08:25

Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am wrote:Can't you store them on your lapels? :wtf:

They really should be with the records as once separated they'd never get reunited. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #7 - 25 May 2019, 15:40

Fifty quid for a couple of badges, they saw you fucking coming didn't they? :wanker:
Joan Con
Members

Post #8 - 25 May 2019, 16:57

Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

He was going on, saying how The Smiths said about this sort of thing in Paint a Vulgar Picture in 1987, something about extra tracks and a placcy badge.

Then he started ranting (again :grrr: ), frothing at the mouth, and shouting " ACADEMIC would probably tell you it was Morrissey that said that in 1997! Ah hahaha..."...and he seemed to shuffling in his trousers like he was trying to wrestle something down. :X

What a cunt. :angry:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #9 - 26 May 2019, 06:34

Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

He was going on, saying how The Smiths said about this sort of thing in Paint a Vulgar Picture in 1987, something about extra tracks and a placcy badge.

Then he started ranting (again :grrr: ), frothing at the mouth, and shouting " ACADEMIC would probably tell you it was Morrissey that said that in 1997! Ah hahaha..."...and he seemed to shuffling in his trousers like he was trying to wrestle something down. :X

I should have disciplined you more as a child. :angry:
smegma2
The Smegma Family

Poncey Elitist.

Post #10 - 26 May 2019, 10:48

smegma2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:34 am wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

I should have disciplined you more as a child. :angry:

Being a tedious cunt is clearly hereditary, at least in your family.
academichibernian
Members

Etiolated since 2018.

Post #11 - 17 Aug 2019, 21:11

Out in October, here we have a 6cd or 3LP collection of all things 1982, imaginatively titled '1982'. :)

Hex, RTL, retro 7" Look Know, In a Hole, Live in Melbourne, you name it it's here. And absolutely nothing new whatsoever. :clap:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the ... cd-boxset/

It's just £39.66 from Amazon, but I will be paying £39.99 to Cherry Red so I get the free badge. B-)

I note at the foot of the Cherry Red page, they've sold out of all Howard Jones box sets for £89.99. He was from Wales. :(
Steve70nearly
Members

Post #12 - 17 Aug 2019, 21:51

Steve70nearly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:Out in October, here we have a 6cd or 3LP collection of all things 1982, imaginatively titled '1982'. :)

Hex, RTL, retro 7" Look Know, In a Hole, Live in Melbourne, you name it it's here. And absolutely nothing new whatsoever. :clap:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the ... cd-boxset/

It's just £39.66 from Amazon, but I will be paying £39.99 to Cherry Red so I get the free badge. B-)

I note at the foot of the Cherry Red page, they've sold out of all Howard Jones box sets for £89.99. He was from Wales. :(

I've been looking into this in depth, the results of my findings are not impressive. Howard Jones is from Southampton.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test