View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 40 Years of The Fall ; A year by year best of thing

Post #61 - 03 Nov 2018, 13:12

This has just been brought to my attention. You've totally ripped this idea off my book 40 Odd Years Of The Fall only this isn't as odd.

My book is available here:

https://www.dailyreckless.com/product/4 ... -the-fall/

It's priced at £14.99 and has been described by José Feliciano as the best book he's felt for a long time.

Don't think you've heard the last of this, I've instructed The Lawyer to take action against you for breach of copyright. You cunt. :grrr:
Fat Bob
Members

Post #62 - 03 Nov 2018, 13:22

Fat Bob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm wrote:This has just been brought to my attention. You've totally ripped this idea off my book 40 Odd Years Of The Fall only this isn't as odd.

It's priced at £14.99 and has been described by José Feliciano as the best book he's felt for a long time.

Don't think you've heard the last of this, I've instructed The Lawyer to take action against you for breach of copyright. You cunt. :grrr:

Get fucked, I had the idea of 40 Years of The Fall long before you came up with your book title. I actually decided against writing it when your idea was first mentioned as I didn't want to tread on your toes. However this forum's admin staff suggested it was a great idea, so my posts here will continue. :grrr:

£14.99 eh? Daylight fucking robbery, we read most of it on your old website for free. I was going to buy it but I'm damned if I will now. :angry:

As for The Lawyer, she'll scab you for £500 if you use her services. You'd better start another crowdfunder. :wanker:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #63 - 03 Nov 2018, 13:53

routemaster » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 pm wrote:
Fat Bob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm wrote:This has just been brought to my attention. You've totally ripped this idea off my book 40 Odd Years Of The Fall only this isn't as odd.

Get fucked, I had the idea of 40 Years of The Fall long before you came up with your book title. I actually decided against writing it when your idea was first mentioned as I didn't want to tread on your toes. However this forum's admin staff suggested it was a great idea, so my posts here will continue. :grrr:

£14.99 eh? Daylight fucking robbery, we read most of it on your old website for free. I was going to buy it but I'm damned if I will now. :angry:

As for The Lawyer, she'll scab you for £500 if you use her services. You'd better start another crowdfunder. :wanker:

The book wasn't anything like as expensive to produce as I made out so I've got plenty of coin. You'll be paying my costs anyway when you lose, you cunt. :grrr:
Fat Bob
Members

Post #64 - 03 Nov 2018, 14:14

Fat Bob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:

The book wasn't anything like as expensive to produce as I made out so I've got plenty of coin. You'll be paying my costs anyway when you lose, you cunt. :grrr:

It doesn't work like that for my services here Fat Bob. As far as I can see, routemaster has done nothing wrong, indeed it almost looks as if you adopted his blog title idea to blatantly profit yourself. I suggest you back off and leave the chap alone to continue his fine work, work not deviously plugged for monetary gain I might add.

I'm not happy being dragged from my G&T on a weekend, so that'll be £500 you owe me please.
The Lawyer
Members

Post #65 - 03 Nov 2018, 14:28

The Lawyer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm wrote:

It doesn't work like that for my services here Fat Bob. As far as I can see, routemaster has done nothing wrong, indeed it almost looks as if you adopted his blog title idea to blatantly profit yourself. I suggest you back off and leave the chap alone to continue his fine work, work not deviously plugged for monetary gain I might add.

I'm not happy being dragged from my G&T on a weekend, so that'll be £500 you owe me please.

Fuck you, I'll get Michael Mansfield. :grrr:
Fat Bob
Members

Post #66 - 03 Nov 2018, 14:41

Fat Bob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:28 pm wrote:
The Lawyer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm wrote:

Fuck you, I'll get Michael Mansfield. :grrr:

Good luck with that one. :rolleyes:
The Lawyer
Members

Post #67 - 10 Nov 2018, 20:36

This year saw a slight line-up change for two Hanley reasons, firstly Steve was granted paternity leave, secondly Paul had to go and sit his exams. Or he got himself a girlfriend, something like that anyway. Welcome then to ex-Incantation pipe blower Simon Rogers, who assisted with bass on the first single of the year 'Couldn't Get Ahead' / 'Rollin Dany' double A side. The latter was the first cover version The Fall ever released, and old Gene Vincent song. I'm generally fond of their cover versions as I'm rarely familiar with the originals so it's just like extra Fall songs to me. Rogers was more into the electronics side though, so became full time keyboard player. He insisted on dumping the old synth and buying a new snazzier one, which annoyed MES but he was allowed. The album 'This Nations Saving Grace' was a blinder, bookended by the same short sinister song, one an instrum the other a vocal, there was barely a foot put wrong throughout. Brix's contributions were now firmly in place and her guitar work shone though. Although possibly a more mainstream sound than before, there were still many moments of weirdness and experimentation, the guitar work on 'My New House' where MES tells us of the pad he and Brix bought is brilliantly discordant and out of tune, while 'Paintwork' suffered from MES hitting a tape player midway through recording the song, but left the intruding blast of random noise in anyway, as you do. Then there was 'I Am Damo Suzuki', a very clever take (but not cover) of an old Can song. Again manically disturbing guitars mixed with an amazing Karl Burns drumming session, and MES in most peculiar vocal style barking out the words. I knew nothing of Can at the time, but was fascinated hearing 'Oh Yeah' sometime later on. What the hell do I pick from this lot? :D

It's got to be 'My New House'. Apart from what I've already described, there's that bit towards the end that always hits the spot, one of those "whack up the amps for no reason" moments that had been done before, I'm thinking 'Deer Park', Lay Of The Land' off the top of my head. It means the last minute or so becomes a glorious cacophony of unbridled racket and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Here it is then, featuring Ena Sharples. :)

phpBB [video]

I just want to add that in December 1985, I was listening to the John Peel Festive 50, not least for my then more regular listening of New Order, The Smiths, Jesus & Mary Chain and The Cocteau Twins (leave it!). Sitting proudly at #3 was the highest placed Fall track, 'Cruisers Creek', the second single of that year. Of course I'd heard a number of random Fall tracks since Peel Session 3 in 1980, but for some reason this track hit a nerve, I don't know why as it's not bad but not their best either. Anyway from that point on I was hooked, at least for a number of years to come.
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #68 - 11 Nov 2018, 08:09

If MES was wearing those heels when he was photographed against a wall, if some cunt tried to estimate his height by measuring the bricks it would throw his calculations right out. :wtf:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Happy Days!

Post #69 - 11 Nov 2018, 10:28

Ooo, this is getting lots of likes on Twitter routemaster. :)
Amber
Members

Post #70 - 11 Nov 2018, 15:59

Amber » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 am wrote:Ooo, this is getting lots of likes on Twitter routemaster. :)

I can't view Twitter on my phone, I've been blocked for some reason and unblocking looks well dodgy. I'm glad you're enjoying these Amber. :)
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #71 - 11 Nov 2018, 23:17

Greasy Roads » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:09 am wrote:If MES was wearing those heels when he was photographed against a wall, if some cunt tried to estimate his height by measuring the bricks it would throw his calculations right out. :wtf:

I did this twice, the second time to allow for natural sinkage of the bridge. I'm not fucking doing it again.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #72 - 11 Nov 2018, 23:23

what bridge is this? or photo for that matter? :wtf:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #73 - 11 Nov 2018, 23:26

Sonofsmegma » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:23 pm wrote:what bridge is this? or photo for that matter? :wtf:

If you missed it, it is of no matter.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #74 - 11 Nov 2018, 23:36

oh but it is, mr detail. :wanker:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #75 - 17 Nov 2018, 14:14

Image Image

^^^ A difficult year for images, so I have included two. :grin:

A very busy year for the music though, but first some line-up changes. Karl Burns did one of his disappearing acts, and Paul Hanley was too busy with the laydees to be bashing his skins for The Fall (although he did feature on a couple of 1986 tracks). A welcome then to John S Woolstencroft, or "Funky Si" as the girl fans called him, who took over the drumming duties. Musically there were three singles and an album. First single was a curious choice, 'Living Too Late' featured MES yodelling and although good was perhaps not a great attempt at the hit parade. The follow up 'Mr Pharmacist', this years cover version, was more pop orientated, but stalled at #75. Album of the year was Bend Sinister, and sinister it was to a degree, though not really the gothic album everyone always claims it to be. It did have shades of goth sounds though, 'R.O.D.', 'Gross Chapel' and 'Riddler' all had those dark brooding goth like basslines performed magnificently by Steve Hanley. 'Bournemouth Runner' too started off slow and dark before hurtling off into a fast paced track with a fantastic keyboard riff, the song referring to a druggy lout who'd ran off with the group's stage backdrop, presumably in Bournemouth. Other highlights include a Brix masterpiece 'Dktr Faustus', featuring quite a weird vocal performance from herself that builds to a scream towards the end. BANANA! :banana:

This was the year Beggars as a record company started seriously messing with the formula. BS contained a single! Yes, Mr P was an album track too, and more worryingly, the cassette and CD (BS being the first Fall album to have the CD released "on time") contained bonus tracks. This marketing strategy would worsen as the Beggars years progressed.

So my highlight. It has to be 'Gross Chapel: British Grenadiers'. And yes, fuck it, it's goth, sort of. Dark bass, menacing guitars, MES' voice seems deep in the mix, at times reducing to almost a whisper as the song enters a quieter moment. No idea as usual as to the subject matter, it's not Sisters Of Mercy goth all about the moon and falling over that's for sure, but it fits in nicely with that style of the era. Andrew Eldritch and Pete Murphy would have been impressed I think. :)

phpBB [video]

Oh I forgot to mention the third single of 1986, 'Hey! Luciani', a song from a play of the same title MES wrote and performed. It's one of those jaunty pop tunes, not really to my taste, but odd given the subject matter, concerning conspiracy theories about the death of the Pope, Albino Luciani in 1978. Biggest hit yet reaching #59 in the charts, whatever could happen next? :D
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #76 - 17 Nov 2018, 15:49

IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO 40 YEARS OF THE FALL WHY DON'T YOU START IT IN 2017 AND CUT OUT ALL THESE YEARS WHEN BRIX BITCH WAS IN THE GROUP AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM?
VAMPIRA PANDER
Members

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Post #77 - 17 Nov 2018, 15:57

VAMPIRA PANDER » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:49 pm wrote:IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO 40 YEARS OF THE FALL WHY DON'T YOU START IT IN 2017 AND CUT OUT ALL THESE YEARS WHEN BRIX BITCH WAS IN THE GROUP AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM?

Wtf? :shrug:

If I'd just done the time you were around, it'd barely be 40 weeks let alone 40 years. Have you been drinking, you grubby looking tart? :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #78 - 17 Nov 2018, 22:55

routemaster » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:14 pm wrote:
So my highlight. It has to be 'Gross Chapel: British Grenadiers'.

+1% :heart:
Kleenex Cesarewitch
Luvs Pies

Post #79 - 17 Nov 2018, 23:36

Kleenex Cesarewitch » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:55 pm wrote:
routemaster » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:14 pm wrote:
So my highlight. It has to be 'Gross Chapel: British Grenadiers'.

+1% :heart:

Oh do fuck off you bulbous cunt. :angry:
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #80 - 18 Nov 2018, 09:12

Mrs RM has retweeted 1986! :wub:

I don't recall her being a fan of Bend Sinister, so she must have the hots for Funky Si... :wtf:
routemaster
On The Buses

PreviousNext

Return to Fallen Related Discussion