View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 40 Years of The Fall ; A year by year best of thing

Post #261 - 07 Jun 2019, 18:28

Oh routemaster, this is really good and a day early as well. :clap:
Amber
Members

Post #262 - 07 Jun 2019, 18:29

Amber » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm wrote:Oh routemaster, this is really good and a day early as well. :clap:

Wouldn't it be ironic if he posted another tomorrow so two came along at once? :rolleyes:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #263 - 07 Jun 2019, 19:30

Thank you Amber, it's a bit early as I'm working long hours all weekend. :mellow:

Fuck you Greasy Roads, though that irony could quite easily occur. :fu:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #264 - 07 Jun 2019, 20:50

routemaster » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 pm wrote:I'm working long hours all weekend. :mellow:

:)
Jim Skidder
Members

Proud to be a plant wrangler from Texas. :)

Post #265 - 07 Jun 2019, 21:02

routemaster
On The Buses

Post #266 - 14 Jun 2019, 20:48

Eleni acts quickly as MES makes a sudden lunge at Hanley Went To Every Gig's bald head, Islington 2012. :grin:

So following a slightly disappointing year, did Mark make the traditional mass sacking that so often used to go with such a scene? Well no, he didn't. This it seemed was a Fall gruppe growing in staying power and stability. There was a slight change as Pete had been allowed paternity leave late in 2011, Tim Presley returning to cover guitars, otherwise business as usual.

It was I suppose always to be a quiet year, EGB wasn't out till November of the previous year and Fall albums weren't quite an annual occurrence anymore. And so one solitary 7" single saw the light of day, and this a limited 1000 copies through the annual Record Store Day extravaganza. RSD was a ploy where certain independent record shops got landed a pile of mostly re-issued vinyl often with one extra track or a snazzy coloured plastic, and they would sell it on this special day at hugely inflated prices. So a 7" would go for £8, a 12" single for £15 and an LP for £25, that sort of thing. The vinyl-phobes lapped it all up, and would dutifully flog these rarities on Ebay for double the cost. :rolleyes: Our gift was sub-titled 'Night Of The Humerons' and consisted of a live 'Taking Off' on the flip, with the brand new studio track 'Victrola Time' as the lead song. VT had been played live for ages as 'Damflictors'. And so The Fall once again maintained the record of at least one studio track a year, but only just. Thankfully, while weird, it was strangely wonderful. Full on synth and bass lead, Mark would come in after a lengthy intro with an unholy shriek not heard since 'Mother Sister' or 'Craigness', but not quite so piercing. It did render the opening lines unfathomable though. There on was an angry rant about the long term effects of too much MDMA, AKA ecstasy, AKA 3,4-Methyl​enedioxy​methamphetamine - "The post MDMA years" as he spits out venomously. Guitar lines are few, and low in the mix, and I suspect Tim was playing here, he was after all credited on the sleeve. Then again so was Pete, though either could have contributed to the a or b side, so really we just don't know. :shrug:

Anyway that was this year's song, so has to be my choice, and like I said it was a good 'un. :)

phpBB [video]

I forgot to mention the formula for 3,4-Methyl​enedioxy​methamphetamine is C11H15NO2 which looks not unlike 'CHINO'... anyone?
routemaster
On The Buses

Previous

Return to Fallen Related Discussion