View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Beggars reissues ; What are they playing at?

Post #21 - 23 Mar 2019, 15:06

I've just had a quick cherry-pick through the 2nd CD with the rare stuff on.

I never cared much for 'Entitled' in it's b-side form, but this Take 2 is magnificent. It's got the tom toms much higher in the mix, and that bloody awful all group vocal blast at the end is erased. Why the fuck didn't they release this in the first place? :shrug:

Also the original 'Luciani' I'd already got as it's on the Backdrop compilation, but it's horribly muddy on there, much crisper now it's remastered and it pisses all over the single mix. I never much liked the single mix but this one is excellent. :clap:

routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #22 - 24 Mar 2019, 22:37

Had a run through the main CD earlier. It's a terrific job they've done here, the clarity is amazing. And that's just listening in the car, I'll be doing the headphones test next and I think it will be the best way to appreciate this.

Highlights for me are Bournemouth Runner and Riddler!, there's sounds jumping out of those two I've never heard before. :clap:

routemaster
On The Buses

Post #23 - 24 Mar 2019, 22:51

I've ordered the LP. I'm not sure I like the sound of clarity. :wtf:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #24 - 24 Mar 2019, 23:05

Greasy Roads » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:51 pm wrote:I've ordered the LP. I'm not sure I like the sound of clarity. :wtf:

The old one (CD) was definitely lacking something, this one sounds fresher. Does it not piss vinyl buyers off that they're missing out on the unreleased tracks? It's worth the CD price for Entitled Take 2 and the original Luciani alone. :shrug:
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #25 - 25 Mar 2019, 07:16

routemaster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 pm wrote:
Greasy Roads » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:51 pm wrote:I've ordered the LP. I'm not sure I like the sound of clarity. :wtf:

The old one (CD) was definitely lacking something, this one sounds fresher. Does it not piss vinyl buyers off that they're missing out on the unreleased tracks? It's worth the CD price for Entitled Take 2 and the original Luciani alone. :shrug:

No not really. I'll probably pick up downloads of them or a secondhand CD at some point.

If the old one was lacking something there's plenty of evidence that it was how MES wanted it to sound. I'm very wary of fucking around with someone's work when they're not around anymore.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #26 - 25 Mar 2019, 10:10

Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 am wrote:
routemaster » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 pm wrote:

No not really. I'll probably pick up downloads of them or a secondhand CD at some point.

If the old one was lacking something there's plenty of evidence that it was how MES wanted it to sound. I'm very wary of fucking around with someone's work when they're not around anymore.

You're just being a bad tempered cunt because your ears are blocked due to that terrible cold and you won't be able to appreciate the excellent remaster. :walkman:
routemaster
On The Buses

Post #27 - 25 Mar 2019, 16:53

Greasy Roads » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:16 am wrote:

There are a few people who take that view that the original mix was how MES intended it to sound, and so it shouldn't be messed with. I say fuck MES' intentions, it now sounds great to me and it didn't before.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #28 - 26 Mar 2019, 17:07

This is fucking amazing, but it didn't take long for some cunt to upload it to Youtube.

phpBB [video]
Joan Con
Members

Post #29 - 30 Mar 2019, 07:24

The reissue of Bend Sinister isn't for me. The packaging's great and all that but they've altered the way it sounds and consequently the feel of the original has gone. :(
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #30 - 30 Mar 2019, 08:16

Greasy Roads » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:24 am wrote:The reissue of Bend Sinister isn't for me. The packaging's great and all that but they've altered the way it sounds and consequently the feel of the original has gone. :(

:(
Amber
Members

Previous

Return to Fallen Related Discussion