View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 The Fall on 45 ; keep on turning in your mind

Post #241 - 30 Apr 2019, 05:45

Next up is the second Peel Sessions EP, with Kimble as the lead track. This was manna from heaven in those days as unless you'd taped them there was no easy way of getting hold of tracks like these, and certainly not in this quality. The four tracks have three different producers one of whom, Mark Radcliffe, tells in his book how he knew fuck all about production so he just used to go round the pub and let the BBC engineers record it. This probably accounts for how these tracks sound so good. It's difficult to single anything out from this record, it's all wonderful. The group's contemporary version of Lee Perry's Kimble is possibly my favourite Fall track of the time. From there it's back to the eighties with C'n'C Hassle Schmuk, a terrific Spoilt Victorian Child, and finally nine minutes of Words Of Expectation. Magnificent.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

World is turning, hope it don't turn away.

Post #242 - 30 Apr 2019, 07:23

That's your best yet Greasy Roads, I love Kimble and Words Of Expectation. :clap:
Amber
Members

Post #243 - 30 Apr 2019, 13:25

It's C'n'C-Hassle Schmuck on the Peel box set, C'n'C Hassle Schmuk on your vinyl EP and C 'N' C/Hassle Schmuk on the Keeping It Peel site.

It annoys me when I think I've found a member has made an error and it turns out they haven't.

Oh hang on, Words Of Expectation was actually 9m 15s, not 9m. I knew there'd be some discrepancy in your review.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #244 - 30 Apr 2019, 20:21

:wanker:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #245 - 01 May 2019, 21:34

Amber » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 am wrote:That's your best yet Greasy Roads, I love Kimble and Words Of Expectation. :clap:

Well a "Thank you Amber" would have been nice, but that's typical of you and your lad, it's all about you isn't it? :angry:

Don't you ever come near me again GF Jnr you cunt, you had your fun last January, never again. :grrr:
Amber
Members

Post #246 - 02 May 2019, 06:13

Amber » Wed May 01, 2019 10:34 pm wrote:
Amber » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 am wrote:That's your best yet Greasy Roads, I love Kimble and Words Of Expectation. :clap:

Well a "Thank you Amber" would have been nice, but that's typical of you and your lad, it's all about you isn't it? :angry:

Don't you ever come near me again GF Jnr you cunt, you had your fun last January, never again. :grrr:

This is complete bollocks. Are your hormones playing you up? :angry:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #247 - 02 May 2019, 09:45

Greasy Roads » Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 am wrote:

My hormones are fine. It's true, GF Jnr is the father, we got together last January when he was up here visiting his grandparents, one thing led to another and you're going to be a grandfather. :)
Amber
Members

Post #248 - 02 May 2019, 10:48

Amber » Thu May 02, 2019 10:45 am wrote:

My hormones are fine. It's true, GF Jnr is the father, we got together last January when he was up here visiting his grandparents, one thing led to another and you're going to be a grandfather. :)

He didn't see his grandparents in January or even over Christmas for that matter. If it's money you're after you're going to be out of luck. :grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #249 - 02 May 2019, 11:38

Greasy Roads » Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 am wrote:

He didn't see his grandparents in January or even over Christmas for that matter. If it's money you're after you're going to be out of luck. :grrr:

When you thought he was back at uni, he was up here. I assumed you'd think he was with his grandparents, but he was with me. We'd first met on December 1st when you popped out to see routemaster before the Villa / Boro match and he couldn't wait to see me again. :huh:
Amber
Members

Post #250 - 02 May 2019, 12:07

Amber » Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 pm wrote:

When you thought he was back at uni, he was up here. I assumed you'd think he was with his grandparents, but he was with me. We'd first met on December 1st when you popped out to see routemaster before the Villa / Boro match and he couldn't wait to see me again. :huh:

This is just bollocks. :grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #251 - 02 May 2019, 12:28

Greasy Roads » Thu May 02, 2019 1:07 pm wrote:

Best get your spare room decorated for baby visits, get rid of Fred's beer cans, that sort of thing. :huh:
Amber
Members

Post #252 - 02 May 2019, 12:47

Amber » Thu May 02, 2019 1:28 pm wrote:

Best get your spare room decorated for baby visits, get rid of Fred's beer cans, that sort of thing. :huh:

Fuck off. :grrr:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #253 - 02 May 2019, 12:49

Greasy Roads » Thu May 02, 2019 1:47 pm wrote:

Hahaha, I had you going there Greasy Roads. I will be revealing the real father's name in October. :lol:
Amber
Members

Post #254 - 02 May 2019, 18:47

Amber » Thu May 02, 2019 1:49 pm wrote:

Hahaha, I had you going there Greasy Roads. I will be revealing the real father's name in October. :lol:

Very funny Amber. :mellow:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #255 - 02 May 2019, 19:33

Greasy Roads » Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 pm wrote:
Amber » Thu May 02, 2019 1:49 pm wrote:

Very funny Amber. :mellow:

It's probably RM Jnr's. :rolleyes:
routemaster
On The Buses

Grade A triple platinum cunt Image

Post #256 - 07 May 2019, 09:26

A change of label from Phonogram to the German based BMG saw the gruppe return with Why Are People Grudgeful? The A side is a mix of two old reggae tunes by Lee Perry and Joe Gibbs. I had bit of a panic this morning when I put the 12" on and realised that it's 33rpm, something I'd entirely forgotten. A quick search revealed the 45rpm 7", plus the CD single though. I've no idea why the 12" is 33rpm, it's not like it's too long for a 45 or anything. Anyway it's a very decent A side. The B side of the 45 is Glam-Racket off that Cerebral Caustic. On the 12" they add a remixed The Mixer which is a load better than the LP version followed by a spoken word MES bit in which he reads out an advert for a computer followed by a hotel blurb about keeping your valuables safe. It finishes with the wonderful Lost In Music which is very much like the album version but always welcome nonetheless. Art is by Pascal Le Gras and production credits are shared by Simon Rogers, Rex Sergeant, Robert Gordon, and MES although as the 7" cover and the 12" cover are identical it's hard to tell exactly who does what.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #257 - 07 May 2019, 10:46

Glam Racket is "off that" Infotainment Scan, it would hardly be from Cerebral Caustic, an album two years ahead. Shoddy research yet again.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #258 - 07 May 2019, 17:17

dannynomates » Tue May 07, 2019 11:46 am wrote:Glam Racket is "off that" Infotainment Scan, it would hardly be from Cerebral Caustic, an album two years ahead. Shoddy research yet again.

Dan

We don't all use Google. :huh:
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #259 - 16 May 2019, 20:25

I must apologise for the non-appearance of The Fall On 45 this week. It's been manic watching Villa brush Sandwell aside then having to book Wembley tickets. And Wembley parking. And field all the congratulatory messages. So my mind's not been on it.
Greasy Roads
Country Member

Post #260 - 16 May 2019, 20:46

Greasy Roads » Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 pm wrote:I must apologise for the non-appearance of The Fall On 45 this week. It's been manic watching Villa brush Sandwell aside then having to book Wembley tickets. And Wembley parking. And field all the congratulatory messages. So my mind's not been on it.

You bone idle so and so, I've waited all week for Behind The Counter and now you say you're too busy with the football? Typical man, unable to multi-task. Routemaster worked 80 hours over seven days and still slipped his in, he's twice the man you are. :angry:

And now you've set my hormones off again. :cry2:
Amber
Members

PreviousNext

Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test