View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Live from St Helen's Tech, 1981 ; Non-bootleg splendidness

Post #1 - 13 Jan 2021, 13:45

Marc Riley contacted John Dwyer of my favourite band Thee Oh Sees, and Dwyer loved this recording so much he asked to release it on his own label. All the relative Fall gruppe agreed and so it will be out on vinyl only.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/the-fall/the-album

This is going to be fantastic, and at just £38 it will be a collectors item because it's going to be impossible for the n'er do wells to afford. I shall buy a dozen or so copies even though I don't have a turntable, instead I shall sell them on in a couple of years time at a hugely inflated price. :heart:

There is a rough version recorded by an audience member, it's on Youtube for the working classes to rip. :grin:

phpBB [video]
Slushy
Members

Ich bin Arnold Mühren. Bitte alle austeigen Mütterficken.

Post #2 - 13 Jan 2021, 14:00

I'm up for this. A Fall live album that's actually approved by all the surviving members who played on it. Of course they will be receiving a cut... :)
thesnippedpriestess
Members

Post #3 - 13 Jan 2021, 14:27

£38? I don't fucking think so. :angry:
Joan Con
Members

Post #4 - 13 Jan 2021, 15:44

Joan Con » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm wrote:£38? I don't fucking think so. :angry:

Too right, the robbing cunts. Apparently 50% of the proceeds go to helping the homeless in Manchester, well they can fuck off too. :angry:
Crappy Tooth
Members

Post #5 - 13 Jan 2021, 18:24

Joan Con » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm wrote:£38? I don't fucking think so. :angry:

Welcome to Brexit Britain, didn't Boris warn you of the massive increase in vinyl prices when he made his agreement?
Mr. Martial
Members

Post #6 - 13 Jan 2021, 20:54

I'm listening to the YouTube link (not an audience recording as Slushy said) - it's a fucking great performance and recording. :clap:

I would like a double CD to include this and the London QMC College show from a fortnight earlier, for about £15. I'm sick of the only options being vinyl + download just lately. :wtf:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #7 - 13 Jan 2021, 21:18

Castleface Records have posted a YT link with just one track rather than the full show - I'm sure it sounds even better than the full show linked earlier.

phpBB [video]

And there's some words from John Dwyer and samples of each track here...

https://midheaven.com/item/live-at-st-h ... y-the-fall

It does sound pretty awesome. :clap:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 132-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test