View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 You Must Hear Them All ; The Peel Sessions

Post #81 - 04 Jan 2020, 23:10

When you get it published Steve70nearly, just say they're all from MCR and all piss over that version due to superior production techniques. It's a great session that shows how the album should have sounded. A quick snip here and an add on there should fix a dodgy review. :)
thesnippedpriestess
Members

Post #82 - 11 Jan 2020, 22:45

Session Eighteen - 17th December 1994

MES
Craig Scanlon - guitar
Steve Hanley - bass
Brix Smith - guitar, vox
Dave Bush - keyboards
Simon Wolstencroft - drums
Karl Burns - drums

10 months on and immediately we are struck with the news that not one but two ex-Fall members have returned - Brix Smith and Karl Burns were back in the fold. :clap: And thus we are provided with a festive session, first a re-run of Glam Racket segued with a Brix composition, Star, to make Glam Racket-Star. It is amazing, the play off between the two vocal lines is simply astonishing, and the glam-rock beat provided by the group is upped in tempo compared to the original. Next two Xmas specials, Jingle Bell Rock and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - both purposely abysmal with Brix howling out a terribly pitched chorus line to the latter. To conclude we have Numb At The Lodge, an early version of Feeling Numb that would appear on the next album Cerebral Caustic two months later. Also on the show was another session by Elastica, who must have been in cahoots with The Fall as they too played a couple of Xmas numbers. And to complete the seasonal flavour, this years Festive Fifty began it's run down, featuring among others Hole, Nirvana and the magnificent Underworld. You can't really ask for much more. :)
In the news, Rover announced the production of the once popular Montego and Maestro had ended, and a high court ruled that Myra Hindley would never be released. I had a Maestro once. :(

Has to be...
phpBB [video]

...but bugger me in Beddgelert can these Youtube uploaders not use an image from the right era? :angry:
Steve70nearly
Members

Post #83 - 12 Jan 2020, 07:07

Ooh, I was reading this in the middle of night when little Lewis woke me up. It's so much better than last week's. :clap:
Amber
Members

Post #84 - 12 Jan 2020, 10:41

Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:07 am wrote:Ooh, I was reading this in the middle of night when little Lewis woke me up. It's so much better than last week's. :clap:

Thank you Amber, I couldn't be arsed last week so thought I'd better write more this week. :)
Steve70nearly
Members

Post #85 - Today, 06:21

Session Nineteen - 22nd December 1995

MES
Brix Smith - Guitar
Steve Hanley - Bass
Julia Nagle - Keyboards
"Funky" Simon Wolstencroft - Drums
Karl Burns - Drums
Lucy Rimmer - Vocals

Late in 1995, serious changes would take place. Dave Bush would be ousted from his keyboards to be replaced with Julia Nagle, but even more surprising, Craig Scanlon was removed due to basically not being arsed anymore. Craig had been onboard for an unprecidented 16 years, but things in Fall world were beginning to crumble. He Pep! and Oleano were both to be released on the Light User Syndrome in the summer whereas Chilinist was on The Chiselers single and Nancy Sinatra's The City Never Sleeps was only recorded for this season. I love Oleano, it's a fabulous song powered by an irresistible 4-note motif which anchors the whole thing. Also on the Peel show this night were Prince Far I in session and tracks from Dick Dale and Whirling Pig Dervish. In the real world David Cone signed a $19.5 million 3 year contract with the NY Yankees. My publisher's going to love this.

My favourite track: Oleano

phpBB [video]
Steve70nearly
Members

Post #86 - Today, 13:20

That's another great review Steve, I agree with you about Oleano. I also love HePep! , both these are better than the album tracks. Poor Little Lewis got upset when Brixie screamed. :lol:
Amber
Members

Previous

Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test